Don't You Just Love Monday?

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

 

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Ugh. Why is my alarm so loud? 

Keeping my eyes shut, I lousily slapped my hand on the snooze button. A few more minutes of sleep won't hurt right?

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

I hit the button again.

And again. And again. And again.

BEE- 

Slamming the snooze button one last time, I finally opened my eyes. What was that, it feels like it was only an extra five minutes of-

6:51.

“AHH I’M GOING TO BE LATE.” I jumped out of bed and quickly stripped off my clothes.

“J-J-J-” I heard someone stutter, and froze. Carefully and ever so slowly, I turned. 

My eyes widened. “W-W-”

Together in 3…2…1.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.”

What a beautiful way to start off a Monday morning.


Running out the door I yelled bye to Aboji. Stupidly, I didn’t wait for Wooyoung, who needs to unlock his car for me to get in. But after him seeing me in only one undergarment… Yes only one. ONE.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.”

I grabbed my shirt and tried to cover myself. His eyes bulged out of their sockets, as if trying to get to me. His mouth was making weird shapes, like he was trying to say something but couldn’t get it out.

“STOP STARING.” My voice went shrill. His body rolled over to the other side, however, he fell out. “OW.”

My cheeks are still burning from the event. I shook my head, trying to shake of the redness. I’ll just, think about other things, yeah. Other things. Like…

How I’m going to be late to school. Yup, because that is a much more positive thought than Wooyoung seeing-

“Jieun!” my heart raced at the sound of his voice. I glanced at the wall clock, 6:59.

Sigh. No use in trying to be early now. “Wooyoung, we’re late.”

Two warm hands went on my back and pushed me out the doors of the café. I know who they belong too and because of knowing that, the red came back. “Well, if someone didn’t keep hitting the snooze button, we might’ve made it on time.” I could hear the smirk as he said that.

I let out a puff of air. No use in arguing with him if he’s right. “Let’s just get to school.” I crossed my arms across my chest, pouting.

Chuckling he opened my door.


Right as the two of us walked into the classroom, our teacher started giving the ‘late lecture’. Everyone snickered, at me that is. It was if everyone in class knew that Wooyoung and I would both be late, together.

Patiently, we stood together, waiting for the already known punishment to be announced.

“-detention.” Yup, there it is; Detention, with Jang Wooyoung. Never thought I’d ever be thinking that. “Now, go to your seats.”

The snickers went on, but now some extreme fangirls are jealous. “Hmph! That girl does not deserve detention with my Oppa!” Your oppa? Oh please. If anything he’s-

Not your oppa, that’s for sure.

The bell rang shortly after. I stood up, not having to pack up, and walked towards the door. Right before I stepped out, I was tripped. Pain traveled all over my body as I landed face first onto the not-so-soft floor.

“Oops. Sorry.” Sarcasm oozed from the culprit’s words. She left before I could see who it was, not that I needed to see, I’m pretty sure I know who it is.

“Jieun!” Wooyoung’s presence suddenly appeared. “Are you okay?” worry and concern radiated from his words.

“I’m fine Wooyoung!” he grabbed my hand and hoisted me up. I gave him a smile as thanks. “Um, hey. Was that Eunjung-ssi?”

A strange look overcame his eyes but before I could see what it was, it diminished. “Yes. It was.” His voice was… strange just like his eyes were.

We stood at the door, unmoving. I looked deep in his eyes; there has got to be some meaning to the strange look when I brought up Eunjung. Something happened between those two.

“Hey, you two, you better get to class before you get another detention.” Our homeroom teacher said.

Sighing, I waved to Wooyoung. “See you in 2nd period!” I smiled.

“Okay!” he smiled back.

I walked towards 1st period. Something was off about his smile. It wasn't entirely fake, yet, it wasn’t entirely real either.


Today has not been a very good day. All day, I’ve been… well I guess bullied, much more than usual. I don’t know why all of a sudden all these girls team up against me NOW, but I guess they all finally realize how close I am to Wooyoung.

Many kinds of things have happened to me: being tripped, losing a shoe, being a human trash can, my stuff being stolen, etc. In fact, my lucky bracelet was almost stolen! However, I lashed out at the person, earning me yet another detention. Whoop-de-doo.

I haven’t told Wooyoung any of this and luckily it all happened when he wasn’t around, except for one: the Eunjung incident from this morning, which ironically seems to be the start of this now that I think about it. Hmm… I wonder.

A sharp pain entered my right cheek. “Ow!” my hand went up to my cheek.

Blood.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry!” Sarcastic much?

I looked at what the girl’s holding. She was passing out sheet music for us to learn. So somehow, she slashed my cheek with it… on accident.

And guess what? Wooyoung is out doing an errand for our teacher, which is strange since our teacher rarely asks for help.

This is all seeming a little fishy.

Wooyoung walked back in confused. “What happened?”

“Nothing Oppa!” the girl said quickly. She gave me a quick glare before walking off. I noticed her looking over at Eunjung’s direction, with Eunjung giving an approving nod.

Eunjung definitely has something to do with all the bad happenings today.

“Jieun, what’s wrong with your cheek?” Wooyoung asked.

“I was being careless.” I gave a fake laugh. “Gave myself a paper cute, no biggie!” he reached into his bag and pulled out a Band-Aid. He placed it on the cut and patted it.

“Be more careful next time, okay?” I nodded, slightly hot.

The bell rang, ending another school day. The two of us walked out together, I think we should probably rehearse tonight. We need to make this performance worth two performances, since the one on Sunday was “cancelled”. We kind of forgot about it… with the picnic and all. Hopefully the customers are all okay with it.

“So let’s rehearse tonight?” I whispered carefully. He nodded, smiling.

Everyone around us were busily hurrying, wanting to get home and end this horrid Monday.

“Wooyoung!” Well, there’s a voice I don’t want to hear ever again. I could feel Wooyoung change…

“What Eunjung.” It wasn’t really a question. His voice was dead; his eyes filled with… hate. So much hate, that it scares me.

She coughed. “Well, me and the rest of us were wondering if you want to han-”

“No.” and then I felt myself being dragged away.

The next thing I knew we were in his car. We sat in silence for a couple of seconds. “So, you wanted to rehearse?” he asked.

“Yeah, so we should get home soon.” I said quietly.

“Okay!” he suddenly went back to perky Wooyoung. It’s weird how Eunjung just suddenly brought down his mood.

I looked closely at Wooyoung’s eyes. Hate is still present, but not as much as earlier.

Jang Wooyoung, what exactly is your past with Ham Eunjung?

---

LKDSFLJJDSJKSDFKJSDFSLFDJ

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE EXTREMLY LONG WAIT.

It's just. School. and. yeah.

I know, some of you have school too, or other things to keep you busy,

so I shouldn't be complaining or anything. 

So I won't.

For now. -cough-

Anyways~

HI GUYS <3 !

How did you like the chapter? 

I'll try to update SOON this time ;~; 

 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! 

See ya next time!