Debut

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

 

Warning: a slight mention of something not meant for kids.
(Sorry for it, I had a major writer’s block and then all of a sudden I typed all of that LOL)


 

5:13

“Wooyoung, you’re a liar.” I said after our previous laughter ended, we were laughing for so long that I don’t even remember why we were laughing!

“E-Eh?” he started to fidget in his seat. “W-What did I lie about?” I held back my giggles; he looks so cute when he’s nervous!

“This was not a lunch date; we’ve been here for six hours!” I couldn’t keep my laughter, his face is priceless!

“Yah! You scared me!” he pouted, I bent over the table and pinched his cheeks, which only made him pout more, and turn a little red, I think I pinched them to hard…

“Why would that have scared you, you’ve never lied to me right?” I asked, letting go of his cheeks.

“Of course not!” he smiled and rubbed his cheeks. “And I never will!”

Hearing those words, I can’t help but smile and feel bubbly.

“Let’s go get ready!” I chugged down the remains of my Banana Milk Coffee, which was probably my millionth cup today. As I was about to stand up, he grabbed my hand. “What’s wrong?”

“You’ve got something on your face.” he reached over and wiped my mouth, I stiffened at his touch.

The scent of his hand traveled up my nose, it smells really good.

“Let’s go!” he held my hand, and dragged me, once again.


“YAH!” I slapped my hands onto my eyes. “What are you doing?!”

Wooyoung and I are in my, well I guess it’s now our, dressing room. We don’t have much time before show time so I threw clothes for him to change into too, then he just took off his shirt, which I was somewhat okay with… not in that way! I’m fine with it because I’ve already seen that part of him before and we are being pushed for time. The thing that made me cover my eyes is that… he started to pull down his pants.

“…Changing?” he replied innocently. I turned around, which resulted in my head meeting the wall. “Are you okay?!”

I could hear him rush over. His hand went to where I bumped my head. Honestly, my head doesn’t hurt at all, but I can’t tell him because I can’t speak. Why can’t I speak? He is against my back, his shirt is off, and I think his pants are too…

“Jieun are you in here?” Aboji’s voice came from outside. I heard the door open. Then close with a bang. “Sorry for disturbing you! I’ll slide some protection under the door!”

…What in the world was Aboji thinking?

Wait, scratch that thought, why in the world did he encourage it?!

“…I’ll just got put on my clothes, you’re not hurt right?” Wooyoung’s voice made me get goose bumps because of how close he is to me, not to mention the position we’re in…

“Y-Yeah I’m fine.” I squeaked. I felt him leave.

It felt… weird not having him by me.


5:53

“Are you nervous?” my question seemed to startle him. We had finished getting ready about ten minutes ago, and at that time he faced away from me.

“I’m fine.” He turned to me. “When do we go?”

“We could go now.” I got up to stretch. He followed my actions.

“Showtime.” I mumbled, apparently loud enough for him to hear.

“Showtime.” He smiled at me.

We both walked up to the door and reached for the handle, our hand touched. Immediately I pulled mine back, so that left him to open the door for me.


“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m IU and welcome to the Coffee Palace!” I bowed. Applause came from all around; I caught some familiar faces from school; that made me nervous.

Oh no. We forgot something huge.

“Starting tonight, I will no longer be a solo act.” I kept going. “Please welcome my friend.” I hope Wooyoung catches what we forgot to talk about. I could feel beads of sweat roll down my face, there are students here, what if they recognize him, what if he accidently says his real name? Pabo Jieun, why did you forget to discuss a name!

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Jason, please treat me well!” he bowed, and I caught him giving me a wink. I gave a mental sigh of relief, he thought of a name. A light applause rang for Wooyoung- er... Jason. Oh whatever, it’s my thoughts. Wooyoung got a light applause, and if I’m not mistaken, some of the guys were glaring at him.

“Any requests?” he and I asked, synchronized, even though we didn’t rehearse it.


“Good night everyone, kamsamnida!” Wooyoung and I left stage, and entered our dressing room.

“So Wooyoung how was your debut?” I cheekily grinned at him.

“Amazing…” the rest of his sentence faded.

He really needs to stop mumbling.

A lot has happened these past few days. Some things good, some things bad, most were unexpected.

But I wouldn’t change a thing.

I’m happy that Wooyoung debuted with me.

~~~

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!