A Weird Wednesday

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

The alarm started to beep, meaning another day of school. Sigh. Slowly my eyes opened, only to find myself embraced by Wooyoung. His face is calm and in peace, a small on his face. I smile.

Carefully not to wake him I get up. Of course me being me, he stirs and wakes up.

Great going Jieun.

He smiled groggily. “Good morning Jieun.”

“Good morning Wooyoung.” He seems completely fine given what we talked about yesterday night. “Do you wanna get ready first?” he shook his head and sat up.

“You can, I’ll just wait.”

For some reason, I just feel like… there’s something between us now, a weird barrier of some sort. It feels like something is going to happen today.

I shook my head. You’re thinking crazy Jieun.

Then again a lot has happened since Monday…


“Jieun are you okay?” Wooyoung’s voice made me flinch.

Sigh. I didn’t talk to him the whole time; right now we’re in his car. “I’m fine Wooyoung don’t worry.” I want to bonk my head. I didn’t even look at him when I said that.

He sighed. “Jieun…”

“I’m sorry.” I looked at him. “It’s just… something feels weird today, and it’s not a good feeling.”

Wooyoung started the car. “So it’s not just me.”

I blinked. He feels the same way I do? That can’t be good. It’s never a good thing when two people feel bad about something. But what could it be?

A few minutes later we’re at school. The moment I step out of the car, the atmosphere takes a change. Something has already happened.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. “Do you feel that?” I whispered.

“Yeah, it’s bad isn’t it?” I nod. “Let’s just get inside.”

As we walked into school, no one looked at us; when they did, they were looks of disgust, some showed fear. Towards Wooyoung. No one cared about me, just like before I met Wooyoung. The good, yet not good, days.

I clutched tightly onto my guitar strap. All of this ‘shunning’ and all the looks can only mean one thing.

A rumor is going around.

Wooyoung is walking right behind me, I know he knows too. Before I step into class I stop, making him stop too.

“That can’t be true! Oppa wouldn’t do that.”

“It is! I saw it happen!”

I turned around. Wooyoung looks very troubled. It seems like he’s become… vulnerable. That scares me. Instinctively I grab his arm, hopefully that comforts him. He gave me a small smile, a fake one. I let go and sighed. Well I’m going to have to walk in sooner or later.

The room went silent. Not exactly a good thing when the bell hasn’t rung yet. Quickly I walked to my seat. I looked to see Wooyoung just standing there, looking each and every one of our classmates. My eyes closed tight.

Please just sit down, please just sit down.

“I can’t believe you.” Park Hwison said, breaking the silence. “Pushing a girl to the ground, without even an apology, she really got hurt by that you know.”

My eyes opened, that exact scene described happened yesterday.

To Ham Eunjung.

Of course, it all makes sense now. This whole mess leads back to her. I’m not surprised at all. Where is she, actually where are all of the Populars?

Wooyoung stood there, his eyes glassy. “What’s your point.” He doesn’t care if he hurt Eunjung, he doesn’t care about her at all. But right now would be a good time to fake it.

“What a jerk!” Hwison yelled standing up. This does not look good… Where’s our teacher?! “See everyone, he’s fake!”

“Hwison-ssi he’s not fake!” one of Wooyoung’s still loyal fangirls joined. Right now, I’m actually glad that he still has some. Suddenly her head snapped to me. “Lee Jieun probably put him up to him!” and now I’m not.

Of course I would be brought into this. Before I could actually defend myself, all the girls started to agree with the girl.

“She didn’t put me up to anything!” Wooyoung spoke above everyone.

“So you did hurt Eunjung on purpose?”

The arguing didn’t stop. Other boys went in to back up Hwison, most of their reasons made no sense. And then there are girls some who joined in trying to defend Wooyoung while the others supporting Hwison. Then there’s the girls pointing the fingers to me, saying that I ‘forced’ Wooyoung to ‘hurt’ Eunjung.

I reached my breaking point. “EVERYONE BE QUIET.”

All eyes are on me. “All of you are being completely stupid.” Nothing new there. “You’re all making accusations when you don’t know a thing me or Wooyoung. So you all should just shut up and mind your own business.” My face is hot and probably red.

Never have I spoken like that.

The silence in the room lingered. My words seem to be echoing through the room, Well silence is better than the arguing.

Everything and everyone are unmoving, still as statues. Nothing can be heard, I can’t even hear my own breaths. My eyes looked to Wooyoung, but he’s still glaring at Hwison. Something is going to happen. Something is going to happen. Something is go- Someone moved!

I went from sitting in my desk to being slammed onto the floor. “WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO TALK?” I can’t move. More and more girls surround me. Pain courses through my body.

“JIEUN!” I can barely make out Wooyoung’s voice. My eyes close; I don’t know what they’re doing to me. “JIEUN!”

Wooyoung please come here. Wooyoung. “SHUT UP LEE JIEUN.”

I scream. At least I think I do. I feel myself start to sob. It hurts, but I don’t feel it. My body is numb, yet it hurts.

“JIEUN!” Wooyoung. “LET ME GO THEY’RE HURTING HER!” my eyes open slightly.

It’s blurry; people are all around me, doing something that hurts me. But there is a little opening, and through that little opening I can see Wooyoung; he’s being held tightly by the boys in our class. My vision began to go even blurrier.

No eyes, don’t fail me now.

“I SAID LET ME GO.” Barely I can see the boys hitting each other, but I can’t tell who is who. More screaming occurs, my eyesight is done. Suddenly the pain stopped, now there is more girlish screaming. My body shakes. “Jieun are you okay?” my mind goes back to earlier in Wooyoung’s car before school. He had asked me that exact question then, how funny. “Jieun.” My body shakes more.

I’m tired. Maybe I should take nap… haha that would nice.

My mind begins to turn off, and I pass out.  

~~~

I'm tired haha ^^;

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe everyone!