Healing the Past

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

 

I slowly opened my eyes. I couldn’t see a thing, pure darkness.

Where am I?

“Jieun~” the voices that came from horror movies echoed.

“Y-Yah who’s there?” I called out as bravely as I could.

“How can you not remember me?” I felt myself falling. I tried to scream but nothing came out. I was then face to face with all of the people who bullied me back in my old school. Trust me that is a lot of people.

They all stood there, staring, not doing a thing, yet I felt so much pain.

“Stop! It hurts!” I wanted to scream, but I couldn’t, as if my mouth was stapled shut, it was also in pain. Aboji help… Umma… Appa…

I hear a bell ring… Is it to signal-

“Jieun?”

I felt something shake me. Is this what the bell meant?

No… They’re trying to kill me… Help! HELP!

I felt something warm and wet travel down my face. Tears,. I felt the shaking become harsh.

“Jieun!”

All I can hear are the voices. It’s terrifying. All I can do is cry. I grabbed something rough, yet soft…

“Jieun, wake up!”

The blackness became white; I felt my eyes open… Weird, I thought they were already open.

I feel safe. I blinked. Where am I? My eyes wandered, I saw various things: piano, guitars, my guitar, and desks.

“Music class,” I mumbled. I glanced at the clock, 1:21.

“Jieun, are you okay?” I turned, Wooyoung.

“Of course why wouldn’t I be?” I lied.

I haven’t had those kind of dreams- no, nightmares in a long time.

“Then why were you crying in your sleep?” —I put right hand up to my face, yup, dry tears— “Why wouldn’t you wake up when I was practically yelling at you?” he hesitated before asking the last question, “And why did you grab my hand?” I looked down, sure enough, my left hand was intertwined with his right. Oh… so that’s what the rough, yet soft thing was…

“It was just a bad dream.” I muttered staring at our hands.

“Don’t lie to me.” He squeezed my hand and looked straight at me. I couldn’t move, froze me to my chair. He sighed. “Come on let’s go, aren’t we going shopping today?” he gave me a small smile.

Right, today is Friday, aka Shopping Day.

I nodded, “Yeah let’s go.”

When we got our stuff and headed to his car we were still gently holding hands, he didn’t try to let go.

But why didn’t I?


I’ve been dragging Wooyoung to various stores for who know how long, and we haven’t even found a shirt! You would think a mall would have good clothes. I sighed.

He panted and whined, “Jieun I’m tired~”

“Man up!” I replied. I looked around and sighed, I don’t see one store that we haven’t tried yet. My stomach grumbled. “Let’s head to the food court?” he just nodded in response.


We ordered from Korean BBQ. When we got to a table, Wooyoung completely collapsed into the chair. I guess he wasn’t over exaggerating when he said he was tired. We started to dig in.

“Jieun, I can’t keep this in any longer.” …what?

“Eh?” I looked up at him, my face probably looking like a chipmunk.

“I have something to say.” Omo is he going to confess?! Oh no, no, no, no!  We are about to become co-workers, and as we all know, co-workers can’t date other co-workers, it affects the work! And… what if he gets heartbroken! I mean I don’t exactly feel the same way about him! I like him a lot… as a friend! I just want rip my ha-

“Tell me why you were crying in your sleep.” He interrupted my thoughts.

Oh… that. I mentally sighed… Well at least he didn’t confess.

I swallowed my food, “Do you really have to know?” I looked away.

Please say no.

He sighed, “Sorry if it’s opening some bad memories, but I need to know.”

“Why?” I said barely audible.

“I’m your friend.”

“Ok here I go.” I took a deep breath. “Well… I use to be… a Queenka.”

2 Years Ago

Ah~ the air is so refreshing. I checked the time; I better get to school now. After a couple of minutes I got to school, but I wasn’t greeted by the usual smiles and hearts.

“There she is!” someone shouted. Oh they were looking for me! I smiled lightly.

“Hi every-” everyone surrounded me.

“Cut your crap.” A guy said. My eyes widened, no one has ever talked to me like that before.

“E-Eh?” I looked at all of their faces.

“We know how you truly are Lee Jieun!” a girl shouted.

“We know you’re just a who picks on the innocent!” another added. They all started to shout things, ‘We know blahblahblah’.

What. I don’t bully! And I’m not a…

“Yah!” I interrupted all of them. “I’m not like that! You all know me!”

“We thought we did, but we found out about what you said and did to Yoon Youngah!” huh? I never did anything to Unni.

“Unni? I never-" I was interupted.

She emerged from the crowd and stepped forward.

“Don’t call me that.” 

“Unni what’s going on?” I asked confused.

“I said don’t call me that!” she started to tear up. She was acting. “I told them Jieun!”

This is giving me a headache. “Told them what?” I yelled. “I haven’t done anything to you!”

“Stop lying!” she then showed me her arm. “They know! They know you hit me all the time, that you were afraid that I was becoming more popular than you! They know you’re a .” I saw it right there.

She flashed me a smirk.

She’s trying to take me down. Hard.

“Everyone she’s lying!” I tried to win them over.

“No she’s not!”

“How did she get that mark on her arm?”

It’s no use.

“Jieun, I’m sorry, I couldn’t take it anymore, you just kept saying how I was becoming more popular... how I-I-” she “broke” down.

Now that I think about it, she’s the one who was getting jealous of me! Why didn’t I see it before?

“Unni don’t cry!” many of the girls tried to comfort her.

“Everyone get Lee Jieu-”

“No! I don’t want her to get hurt!” she “worried”. Now what is she trying to do?

“Jieun why would you hurt such a nice girl!” oh I see, the nice card.

“Why aren’t you answering!” it’s not like you would listen to me anyway.

“Everyone please stop, please leave, I need to talk to her.” Youngah announced.

“Noona are you sure?” one of my use-to-be fanboys asked. She nodded, they obeyed.

“Cut the act Youngah.” I glared. She’s been planning to take me down for a long time.

She wiped her “tears”, “Pretty good huh?” she smirked. “If you’re wondering about the arm-”

“I’m not.” I said. “Why are you doing this?”

“Psh. I thought you would have figured it out by now, you were getting to pop-”

“I meant talking to me alone, idiot.” I interrupted. She smirked again.

I don’t know how it happened, it was too fast. It went by in a blur.

“Someone help!” she screamed. Everyone came back. They pushed and shoved me.

“You !” the girls screamed as they tried to scratch me.

“You attacked Noona!” the boys screamed as they shoved me around. I didn’t try to defend myself, they all saw it, I didn’t mean too… I just fell!

“From that day on, I lost my Queenka status, and got bullied every day.” I’m trembling again. “They always stole my banana milk and dumped it on me, every day.”

Wooyoung put his hand on mine and comforted me.

“So I moved and changed.” I ended my story. A tear slipped.

“I’m sorry I made you remember.” He gave my hand a squeeze.

“Ani. I’m glad you did, it was nice to finally tell someone.” I admitted.

“You never told your Aboji?” he asked shocked. I shook my head.

I couldn’t tell him. I just couldn’t. Aboji wouldn’t have taken it well. When I told him I wanted to move with him, he got suspicious. I was lucky that mom and dad had decided to travel for their jobs, so they would be moving non-stop.

“Wooyoung we should probably be finishing up.” I smiled. I started to clean up.

“You know I’m glad that happened to you.” He's what?

“What?” my eyes went straight to his face.

“I mean not like that!” he furiously shook his hands. “You’re stronger now! And you moved here! So…” I didn’t catch the rest.

“Yeah I agree, I guess I’m glad that happened as well.” I smiled. All the leftovers were now packed.

“Let’s go?” he asked, he carried the leftovers.

“Mhmm!”  

Wooyoung, I think you just helped me heal my past. 

~

Sorry for the long wait! D:

I'm in San Diego~ :)

So what did you guys think of Jieun's past? 

You guys know who Yoon Youngah is right? If not search her up c;

(I need to improve... lol ASDFJKL; GAHH.)

Thanks for reading!

Comment and Subscribe!