Reunion

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

 


Eunjung smiled bitterly at me. We stared at each other right in the eyes.

What are you doing here?

I should be asking you that.

An awkward silence grew.

“Well get in Eunjung!” Suzy smiled brightly. I quietly sighed, here we go. Eunjung walked to Suzy’s side of the car and almost tripped, I had to bite my lip to keep myself from laughing. Suzy opened her door and scooted over to the middle.

Soohyun started driving again. “So where are we heading too?” Eunjung asked.

Before anyone could reply I blurted, “Here’s your phone back by the way.” And handed Taecyeon his phone. He had the ‘oh right!’ look and said thanks.

The rest of the car ride was filled with silence and tension because of Eunjung and me. I feel most bad for Suzy; she’s stuck in the middle of it. Like she is literally stuck in the middle. To make it less awkward I tried to spark up a conversation with her.

“So Suzy-ssi you take music right?” I smiled brightly.

Before Suzy could reply Eunjung butted in. “She’s in our 6th period, maybe you should pay attention.” She glared at me.

Don’t cross my territory.

“Eunjung don’t be rude!” Suzy scolded. I smiled in victory just to rub it in her face. “You’re acting like your old self.” Suzy muttered to herself; those words were only meant for her. But somehow I heard them, so what’s her new self? And how would Suzy know unless Eunjung acted that way to her?

The car became silent once again.

Well not for too long.

“We’re here!” Soohyun announced. My eyes went to the window.

The place was just some local grocery store. Nothing that was here would keep my attention, well except for one thing.

“Is that Wooyoung?” Suzy questioned unsure.

Unlike the rest of them, I am sure.
No hesitation, no second thinking, nothing, I just got out of the car and ran to him. I didn’t care about Eunjung and the others seeing me do this.

I miss him. It wasn’t that long, but I miss him. So much.

…As a friend.

I hugged him. “Wooyoung, I’m sorry.” My words were simple and short. I hope he was able to read between the lines.

His hands went on my back. “I’m sorry too Jieun, please forgive me.” He paused, and then continued in a softer voice. “Please don’t hate me.” I pulled away from him, looking at him straight in the eye.

“Why would I hate you?” Wooyoung opened his mouth slightly, but then closed smiling at me. 

Our little reunion didn't last long. "Wooyoung!" 

His once happy face changed. His eyes became cold and glassy, his smile faded into a frown. "What is she doing here." he whispered harshly. 

In a way, she is the reason why we fought. I bit my lip. "We found her on our way here." I whispered back. He sighed. 

Eunjung jumped on him. "I was so worried!" he shoved her off hard, making her fall to floor, I cringed. 

"W-Wooyoung." she said, looking as if she were about to cry. This girl had some major bipolar issues. One moment she would be all mean, then the next she'd be acting all innocent. She stood up, completely ignoring my existence. "Wooyoung I hope you didn't forget our conversation earlier."

He looked really, really mad. "Eunjung." he breathed heavily. "How many times do I have to tell you? LEAVE ME ALONE." he screamed in her face. I bit on my lip harder, my body tensed up. He kept on screaming, ranting, his words weren't understandable to me.  
Wooyoung could make your blood freeze when he's mad. 

Soohyun, Taecyeon, and Suzy were standing with us. The populars are reunited in a way. 

Six teenagers standing together, one of whom is screaming at another, can gather much unwanted attention. Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the two; it was Suzy. 

Eunjung screamed back; she's crying. "I CAN'T LEAVE YOU ALONE; I LOVE YOU." my breathing stopped, my body froze. I don't know why her words suddenly affected me so much. Do I- 

"I hate you." Wooyoung's voice was soft, but still cold. "You know that." he walked away from her, not even sparing her another glance. It was like she was a piece of gum stuck to the cold cement floor. He grabbed my hand, squeezing. I softly gasped, he was trembling. 

His eyes looked scared, like a little boy who lost his mother. Oh how ironic that thought was... 

"Wooyoung, please." Eunjung spoke again; she wanted to be pitied, she wanted control. 

My eyes threw daggers at her. Why is she so fake? 

Wooyoung squeezed my hand again. My attention went to him. I felt my face soften. "Jieun, let's make a run for it." I thought about our stuff in Taecyeon's car, and then I realized I left my guitar at school again. 

"To where?" I asked him. 

He smiled, but it didn't go to his eyes. "Anywhere but here." Not waiting for my reply, he ran, dragging me along with him.

We didn't look back, only forward. 


The two of us got pretty far, and we were now somewhere familiar. Both of us were panting, but we didn't stop.

Well until I tripped.

"GAH!" I skidded onto the cement. My right knee started throbbing. Ouch. 

"Jieun are you okay?!" Wooyoung asked me. I nodded with my eyes closed, trying to ignore the pain. This shouldn't hurt me this much! I've been in much more painful situations! 

Suddenly, I felt myself being lifted up. 

He was giving me a piggyback ride.

"Y-Yah! What are you doing!" my face went red with embarrassment.

I could feel him grinning. "Just hold on, we're almost home." Home. He just declared my home, his home. That made me smile like an idiot. 

When he said "almost" he really meant it. We were already in front of the cafe, probably much earlier than we should be. 

Oh well. 

When we got inside, we got some weird looks, but then we were recognized. The weird looks then turned into smiles.

What the heck is going through their minds?

Wooyoung carried me up into my room and onto my bed; he then went out and brought back a bottle of banana milk and a note. 

Jieun, I went out again! keke~
I'll be back soon!
                -Aboji

I twisted the cap off the bottle and gulped down the milk. A smile made its way onto my face. Oh how banana milk brings up my mood. Maybe it's time to bring it back down. 

"Wooyoung." I said seriously. He sat down and looked at me.

"Yes Jieun?" 

I sighed. Am I really going to ask about this after what happened the last time I asked? I grabbed his hand. "Wooyoung I need to know. Please."

"U-Um, hey where's your guitar?" Wooyoung asked nervously, obviously he's trying to change the subject.  Well, him changing the subject is better than him storming out. 

"Wooyoung." He bit his lip. 

"Okay I'll tell you."

~~~

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!