A Living Nightmare

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

My head is spinning. Ugh. Slowly my eyes open, it’s really bright, making me groan.

“Jieun?” I roll over to look at the speaker.

“Hey Wooyoung.” I force a smile. “Nurse’s office right?” he nodded. Oh yes, I do remember what happened. Well I remember what I saw; I don’t know exactly what happened... “So what happened?” So I’m going to find out.

“Honestly… I don’t even know myself. It’s like the entire student body is against us.” I bring myself into a sitting position a little too fast. “Be careful Jieun!”

I wave my hand at him. “I’m fine Wooyoung, it’s not like I broke anything.” Instantly I look at my body. “I didn’t break anything right?”

Wooyoung let out a chuckle. “Don’t worry you’re not broken anywhere.”

“So wait, what do you mean the entire student body is against us, I understand why they might be against me, but why you?” I check the time.

11:37

Alright, it’s only 4th period. “I don’t know Jieun… it’s just, when I was carrying you-” of course Wooyoung would carry me, I smile. “it became passing period, everyone just… shunned us. I mean, even those crazy obsessed girls… They all completely just…” he trailed off clearly troubled.

“But those girls defended you in homeroom!” my head began to spin again, I brought my hands up to it.

He shrugs and sighs. “Well our stuff is here, the nurse told me that when you woke up that I should take you home.” I bit my lip.

“Am I seriously that injured?”

“No. She told me… that she doesn’t feel it’s safe for the two of us to be at school right now.”


At home, I decided to continue our conversation from earlier. “Wooyoung, is that all the nurse told you?”

He sighed. “She told me some of the things she overheard… and from what she told me, it’s like everyone’s become completely psychotic.” I tilt my head to the side and tell him to continue. “Apparently some girls planning to jump you… Some guys were planning too…” he shook his head.

“Planning to what Wooyoung?”  I leaned closer to him.

“…To fight me. Some other guys were planning to scare you.” his face showed anger.

Scare me? What were they planning to do, hide behind a locker and scream boo? That’s not exactly scary.

“Jieun, not like that…”

I must’ve spoken out loud again. Oh Jieun… “Then like what?” I tilted my head to the side. By the look on his face, he must find me completely dense right now.

“Look it doesn’t matter exactly what. The point is, they’re all against us.”

“Do you know why?”

Wooyoung gave me a long look, his eyes not breaking away for even one moment. This is his way of telling me the reason. He isn’t going to say it, because he knows that I’ll be able to understand him. And I do, completely.

Once again, our problems are because of her.


“Hey Wooyoung, let’s perform tonight.” I declared out of nowhere.

Ever since I met Wooyoung the performance schedule has been messed up. Some weeks there were three performances; other weeks there were none. This week goes under the ‘other weeks’ category. Actually, we haven’t performed in a while.

Wooyoung looked to me, eyebrows raised. “Out of the blue much?” he smiled, “But yeah sure, let’s.”

I brought out my guitar and started to play random songs. He always quickly caught along. The whole time the room was filled with smile and laughs. Honestly, we didn’t really rehearse; it was more of ‘let’s fool around with some chords’. Still, it was fun.

“Um Jieun… it’s time.”

Oh… whoops. “Let’s just wing it okay?”

He nodded at me. “Alright.”

Slinging my guitar on my back, I stood up and went downstairs to start getting ready. Today’s performance is definitely going to be memorable.

I quickly put on some jeans and a nice white blouse, topped off with a blue cardigan; my bracelet already on my wrist. I guess it looks fine. Wooyoung just wore the signature glasses, some black pants, and a white tee shirt, showing off his muscles. Not that I was looking there on purpose! It just… they stand out.

Anyways, show time.

We walked onstage, the usual applause came. I gave our introductions with a smile. The first song we started to perform was Gee by Girls’ Generation. Many of the people in the audience sang along, making my smile widen. Wooyoung is also smiling.

Through the bright stage lights, I could see Aboji walking into the café; the second he saw me, he smiled.

Soon the song came to an end. “Any requests?”

“I have one.”

…Taecyeon, along with Suzy, Soohyun, and Eunjung (she’s off today). All four were looking closely at me. Did they recognize me?


As Wooyoung and I were heading off stage, the normal lights flickering back on, a voice called us. “Excuse me!” both of us turned. A middle-aged man was rushing towards us. “You two are very talented, do think about joining this contest,” –he handed me a card—“I hope to hear from you.”

Searching For a Shooting Star

Seems interesting. “Let’s go back IU.” Wooyoung said.

I nodded at him. “Okay Jason.”

Again, as we started for the dressing room. “Excuse me!” inwardly I groaned, my stomach rumbled. I need to eat.

Turning my eyes widened. “Yes?” it took all I had to utter that word out.

There in front of me stood five people:

Bae Suzy.

Kim Soohyun.

Ok Taecyeon.

Ham Eunjung.

and…

“Hi my name is Yoon Youngah!” she smiled at me. “I’m a huge fan, and so are these guys,” she motioned towards the Populars. “May we have a picture?”

My mind went blank. Before I knew it was over. Together Wooyoung and I walked out of there and into the dressing room. I can’t believe it. She’s here… and she knows the Populars. This doesn’t make any sense! What is she doing here in Seoul?

That could not have really happened. It’s too unreal. I’m just having a nightmare right?

I changed back into my Jieun attire, still out of it.

Yeah… just a nightmare.

“Jieun.” His voice brought me back to reality. It’s not a dream.

“Yes Wooyoung?”

“Was that…” he trailed off, leaving his sentence incomplete.

“Yeah. That was her.”

Yoon Youngah knows the Populars
 

Yoon Youngah knows Ham Eunjung.

~~~

I'm going to be completely honest;

I have no idea where I'm going with this story now. 

I've been falling out of KPOP, but don't get me wrong, I can never leave it. 

Not with all these amazing people ;~; 

So please do keep reading this story, let's see where my mind will take Jieun and Wooyoung. 

:) 

Thanks for reading! 
Don't forget to comment and subscribe!