Let's Just Go Home

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

He's not here. He's gone again. He saw it. 

I ran back down the stairs and out the door, slamming it behind me. I clutched my phone tight in my hands. Where could he have gone? Taking a deep breath in, I walked back to the front of the cafe. The words are painted in a bright orange paint, clearly meant for all to see. I probably shouldn't open up until after this is cleaned; and I shouldn't clean it up until I find Wooyoung. 

I unlocked my phone and tried calling him, despite knowing what I would get. 

"Hey it's Wooyoung, leave a message after the beep!."

Beep. "Wooyoung where are you? I'm really worried, call me back." I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding.

Okay Jieun, think, where would Wooyoung have gone? I took in my surroundings; the sun is down and his car is still here. This is not good. Earlier he was in no condition to even sit up! Let alone walk by himself at night! Looking left and right, I screamed. Which way do I take? Right? No left. But... Jieun just make up your mind! 

I stepped to the right, but then I heard a dog bark... 


He cursed under his breath. "What's wrong Wooyoungie, not strong enough?" 

Slowly he stood back up and spit into the boy's face. That resulted in another punch to the stomach, knocking the wind out of him. Don't fall Wooyoung, don't fall. Again Wooyoung stood up, leaning against the wall he glared at the three boys before him. All of them are wannabes. Without much thought, Wooyoung swept a kick, knocking them down. He took that as a chance to run away. 

"Get him!" 

Running non stop, the pain went away. At least for now, since all his focus is on getting away. Ahead of him was a small restaurant, but at this moment it's safety. Running even faster now, he gasped for air. 

The bell rang, signaling his entrance. The pain came back, making him groan softly to himself. He stumbled into a random booth and laid his head down. Today was not his day; first he gets jumped at the grocery store, then Jieun disappearing, the graffiti on the cafe doors, and just now getting jumped again. Could things get any worse for him? 

"Wooyoung?" 

I just had to jinx it, didn't I? Keeping his head down, he wished to wake up from this nightmare. Although he knows what's happening is reality. 

"Wooyoung is that you?" 

No, it's not, leave me alone. 

"Wooyoung, there's no use in ignoring us." 

Stop saying my name. Just shut up, please. 

A fist slammed down onto the table, making everything shake, including Wooyoung's head. Bringing it up, his eyes readjusted to the light, and just as he had expected, they were before him. Suzy looked worried; Soohyun and Taecyeon looked a little angry; And Eunjung, well he didn't even want to look at her.

Taecyeon brought his fist up and then yelled at Wooyoung. "What's your problem?" 

Suzy placed her hand on his arm, stopping Taecyeon from saying anything more. "Just stop, he's hurt." 

Eunjung stepped closer to Wooyoung, her hands reaching towards him. "Are you okay?" 

Immediately he jumped out from the booth and ran out of the restaurant. The Populars didn't just let him go though, they ran after him. He cursed again. When will he be able to just rest? His tired feet carried him off, to where, he didn't know; but he didn't care, as long as Ham Eunjung wasn't there. 

Running and running, he could feel himself about to give up, but he pushed through it. 

Jieun... where are you?


I have a bad feeling; a really, really bad feeling. He's hurt. I just know he's hurt. I ran faster than I already was. Oh please tell me that running left was the right way! 

It's been a long time since I left the cafe, and I still haven't found him! What if he's passed out somewhere? What if he's being beaten up right now? I shook the thoughts out of my head. Making up scenarios won't help a thing. Just keep running Jieun, don't think and just run. 

"YAH JANG WOOYOUNG COME BACK HERE." I halted to a stop. Did I hear that correctly? My head turned left and right, run right! In the close distance I can see people chasing after one person. Is Wooyoung one of them? It's too dark to tell... 

"Wooyoung is that you?" I screamed without thought. I kept running, please let it be him. Within seconds, he was only a few feet away from me where he stopped and smiled. 

"Jieun." he breathed out my name before falling to the ground. Why does he keep falling? I bit the inside of my cheek and sat down next to him. Oh who cares if the road is completely disgusting; he's safe, that's what matters. I lifted him up the best I could. "You're okay..." he mumbled to himself, resting his eyes. 

Oh Wooyoung, tomorrow I'm making you stay in all day. Sigh. It's just you and me now huh? 

"Lee Jieun." I'd recognize that voice anywhere. I looked up and saw four people I didn't expect on seeing tonight. Was Wooyoung running from them? My defenses went up. 

I glared at the Populars. "What did you do to him?" 

Eunjung was about to respond, but Taecyeon beat her to it. "Hey. We were just trying to talk to him, and then he started running for no reason!" my eyes darted towards Eunjung. His reason to run is right there before my eyes. "Wooyoung you okay?" 

Wooyoung gave a small nod as his reply, and then he started to get up. "Let's go home Jieun."

Suzy looked at me weirdly. "You two live together?" the other looked to her, but then processed exactly what Wooyoung had said. Just great. 

I shook my head cautiously. "No! That's weird!" still giving me that weird look she nodded, she doesn't believe me. Suzy can't you just be dumb enough to believe that we don't? "Well bye." I drag Wooyoung away from them. After a while I look back and sigh in relief. They didn't follow us. 

I let go of his hand and continued to walk towards home. Today's been a long day. I can't wait til I can just go to sleep and-

Wooyoung grabbed my hand and squeezed. I looked at him, questioning his actions. Closing his eyes is his response to me. He's probably just as tired as I am, maybe even more. Sigh. Wooyoung what happened when I was at the hospital? I was out for a while... Jieun this is all your fault! If you had just left a simple note! Ugh. Take a deep breathe. Okay, I'll just ask Wooyoung everything later, and also explain why I was out later. Oh! And I can't forget to tell him that Aboji left...

Sigh. 

Enough thinking for now Jieun, just get home first. 

~~~

It's been a while since I updated within the same month! Woot! Haha.
To all of you who have stuck with me, and to you know subscribers, I'd just like to thank you. 
Honestly, as much as people always say it, and as much as people always say that people always say it,
you guys really do inspire and encourage me to write. And I really am truly thankful for that. 

WOAH PAUSE. I'm getting a little emotional there, haha. Sorry guys, I'm just super tired, but I really wanted to finish this chapter! And I did! 

So yeah, I'm not deleting Chapter 26, or whatever you prefer to call it, just so you know if I'm gone for a very, very long time, you'll all know why. 
I don't think the internet's getting cancelled but... who knows. I'll be deleting 26 now. 

 

Anyways~

Thanks for reading everyone!

Don't forget to subscribe if you haven't yet! And also don't forget to comment! 

I'll try to update as soon as I can again okay!