Sunday

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

My eyes are glued onto Wooyoung. He sat down slowly in the chair trying to hide his pain. Note that I said trying. I sigh. "Wooyoung what happened?" I sat next to him. I'm scared that he'll fall again. 

"You weren't here... so I got worried..." he laid his head down on the table, facing me. "So I went out and saw the writing, I thought you saw it so I ran." he closed his eyes, as if he is resting. "I ran for a long time..." his eyebrows furrowed. "I got jumped." I flinched. Not because I'm shocked that he got jumped, but instead I've actually... adjusted to that kind of information. Many things similar to that have happened to both of us. "They beat me up, but then I got away and ran into a restaurant... where they were." he sighed. "And I think you can figure out the rest."

He went through so much in such a short amount of time... all because of me. If I just left a simple note he wouldn't have gotten hurt. "I'm sorry Wooyoung, it's all my fault." 

He grabbed my shoulders and made me face him. "You have nothing to be sorry about, what's done is done." My mouth formed a straight line. What's done is done. Aboji had said those same exact words. Oh right, Wooyoung doesn't know yet. He let go of me. "Where did you go this late at night?" 

I took out the envelope and handed it to Wooyoung. "Here, it's from Aboji... He's going back to Gyeonggi-do." 

"Bwoh? Why?" he clutched the envelope tightly in his hands. 

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath before speaking. "He has leukemia." 

It's silent. I can't imagine what his face looks like right now. Suddenly I felt his arms around me. "So it's just you and me now?" I nod against his shoulder, my eyes still closed. "So... it's us who are running the cafe now?" again I nod. 

After a while, Wooyoung finally let go of me. Well that was nice while it lasted... what? Jieun what kind of thoughts have you been thinking lately? Sigh. It's probably just because I'm tired. Yeah. The two of us stood up at the same time, I laughed softly. He smiled and walked towards Aboji's room. 

"Wooyoung where are you going?" 

Turning back to face me, he tilted his head the side cutely. I mean! ... Oh whatever, he's cute. "To sleep." 

"But why are you going to Aboji's room." 

"Well... in his letter to me, he said a lot of things, one of them being that I can use his room..." 

"Can't you just sleep with me?" 

My eyes widened. Did I really just say that? Why does my mouth always seem to have a mind of it's own? He looked just as shock as I am. "W-What?" 

"I- um..." I dashed to my room and slammed the door. "Good night!" 

"Good night..."


Sunday morning. It just feels so... normal. Huh. Normal. What is normal to me? With a yawn I stretched and got out of bed. I better go check on Wooyoung, he might be sore or something. I opened the door and walked over to Abo- er Wooyoung's room. Last night's conversation started to replay in my head. 

Can't you just sleep with me?

I shook my head hard. I can't believe I said that. I straightened out my back and knocked on his door. "Wooyoung it's me, I'm coming in." 

I should've seen this coming. 

Running out of his room, I ran back into mine and called him. Wooyoung, please do pick up; if I get sent to voicemail... "Hello?" I sighed in relief.

"Wooyoung! Where are you?" I'm sure he could hear the worry in my voice. I mean why wouldn't I be worried? After all the times he disappeared before... 

He chuckled. Beep. He hung up on me! I can't believe he hung up on me! "Jieun I'm right here." he started laughing. I spun around.

Oh... So that's where he was. Why would he go and work all by himself? He's in no condition to do hard work like that! I folded my arms across my chest. "Wooyoung why did you clean off the graffiti? I was going to do that in the afternoon." 

Letting out an awkward laugh, he scratched the back of his neck. "Is it obvious?" 

I started to laugh, my arms unfolding. Is it obvious? There's dry paint all over him and in his hair and he's kind of soaked. It's completely obvious what he was doing. "Yeah Wooyoung, it's kind of obvious." I walk pass him and go int other kitchen. "Did you eat?" 

"Yeah I did." 

I poured out some cereal for myself. Well I guess it's time to do some thinking. Now that Aboji isn't here, it's up to me and Wooyoung to run the Coffee Palace. We'll need to hire a manager, which will be easy since I'm close to nearly all the employees. Obviously the few employees I'm not close to include Ham Eunjung. I'm going to have to make sure that she doesn't catch me and Wooyoung. 

...Does Wooyoung know that she works here? 

I looked over to him; he's looking at my family pictures. I wonder what's going through his mind. "Hey Wooyoung have you met all the employees? We're going to be working with them a lot." 

He set the picture down and looked over at me. "I don't think I have." 

"Well you should soon..." I don't have the guts to tell him. Sigh. No I have too, if I don't and they end up meeting... Oh that would be bad, beyond bad. "Because um..." he stared right at me, curious to what I was saying. Just say it Jieun! The sooner you say it the better! "They're all really nice and I'd like you to be acquainted with them!" I chirped. I turned around so my back faced him and I scowled at myself. Jieun, you are such a chicken!

"Okay?" he gave me a weird look. 

Um... "Go take a shower!"


I didn't think this through. 

"Jieun-ssi, may I ask why are we here?" 

I looked down. What do I say? Great. I... Sigh. I don't even know what to think right now. Oh Wooyoung please do save me. With pleading eyes, I turned to him. Hopefully he'd get the message. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jang Wooyoung and I'll be helping out a lot." he bowed and smiled, the employees greeted him back calmly. Thank goodness. they don't seem interested in him! ...

WAIT. Why would I even care about that? ...Ham Eunjung. Yeah, because she's so obsessed with him, if I had more to deal with, it wouldn't be good. Yeah... because of her. Luckily she's not here, though she'll find out sooner or later. Well better later than now. Oh Jieun...

"Where's Mr. Lee?" I mentally sighed. Wooyoung you wouldn't mind answering that one too right? 

"Back home for serious personal reasons. That's all I can see." he eyes flashed to me. I gave him a small smile as thanks. They all nodded knowing not to pry any further. "Well, I guess that's all. It was nice meeting all of you, I hope we get better acquainted!" he grinned at everyone. Taking that as a signal to get back to work, they left.

I heaved a sigh. What will happen when Eunjung's shift comes?

"Jieun what's wrong?"

Shaking my head, I smiled at him, I'm sure he didn't buy it thought. "Nothing Wooyoung, just tired." he slowly nodded. "Let's get to work!" 

~~~

um... filler chapter I guess.

I'm sleppy.

Don't forget to comment, subscribe, you know all hat fun stuff!

Thanks for reading! ^^