Finding Him

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

 

I rubbed my shoulders to soothe them. Ugh. Lugging around Wooyoung’s stuff along with my stuff is not the easiest thing in the world.

Almost no one were in the halls, probably because the bell is about to ring. I ran to 2nd period. The moment I stepped in, the bell rang, and the first thing I heard shocked me.

“Jang Wooyoung ditched? Chincha?!” I blinked in surprise. This is the first I’ve heard this so far today, plus it’s only 2nd period, who knows what else will be said later.

“Yeah, I heard he ran out in advisory! Ham Eunjung also ditched!” I literally felt my heart stop beating. “There’s something going around about them having a thing back then!”

A thing?

What’s that supposed to mean?!

Suddenly the whole class was looking at me, even the teacher, who was also listening onto the school gossip.

Did I accidently say that out loud?

One of the girls scoffed. “What’s it to you, Jieun?”

Anger boiled inside of me.

This is everything to me! Wooyoung is my best friend! I blinked at what I had just thought, or rather, said.

One of the wannabe cool guys spoke. “Psh. We all know that you were just forcing him to be with you, he never cared for you.” I felt my heart break at those words. Even if they’re not true, and from some complete random person, I can’t bare at even the thought of that being true.

The rest of the class murmured in agreement, even the teacher! My face went red with anger.

Calm down Jieun, they all just want to be a part of something; they all just want to be popular. Just like Youngah. Forget them Jieun, all that matters is Wooyoung.

I turned around, knowing what I had to do. The class all talked amongst themselves, things like, ‘ha she doesn’t have anything to say’ and ‘what is she doing?’

I walked out of the classroom, then out of the school. 

What a coincidence, not only was Wooyoung’s car still here in the parking lot, but guess who were around his car?

“Lee Jieun?”

“Ok Taecyeon.”

 

The Populars and I stared at each other. One by one I named them off in my mind.

Ok Taecyeon.

Bae Suzy.

Kim Soohyun.

The ‘2nd Populars’ weren’t here, but they never really hung out with these guys during school, they were a couple years a part.

“What are you doing out here?” Soohyun asked carefully.

I thought about my answer for a second, “I should be asking you the same thing.”

The four of us stood there, not knowing what else to say. Finally, Suzy broke the ice.

“Okay look, I’m pretty sure we’re all here because we’re worried about Wooyoung and Eunjung right?” I had to restrain myself from making a side comment about worrying about Eunjung. But, Suzy seemed to have noticed my face. “Okay, Wooyoung then.” I gave her a slight nod. “So let’s all just drive around to find them.”

I suddenly felt admiration towards her.

“Alright.” Taecyeon and Soohyun said at once. Suzy smiled at their quick agreement, but was completely oblivious to the glares the two boys gave each other.

Well that’s interesting.


Wooyoung continued down the empty street, not a car in sight. Someone coughed behind him. He now knew he was being followed, so he turned around, but he never would’ve thought it would be-

“Eunjung, why are you following me.” The coldness of his voice made her flinch.

Out of all the people… it had to be her. It couldn’t have been Soohyun or even Taecyeon; nope it just had to be Ham Eunjung.

Yup, that really topped his day.

Before she could give her answer he rudely interrupted her. “You know what, don’t even answer, just go away.” And with that he continued on, going who knows where.

Eunjung ignored what he had just said. “I was worried Wooyoung! So I followed you, where are you going?”

His face twitched in irritation. “I said leave me alone.”

Eunjung flinched once again to the tone of his voice. Carefully, she said no.

This of course only added to his irritation. He stopped and turned around.

“LEAVE ME ALONE. I DO NOT NEED THIS RIGHT NOW.” He screamed right at her. Eunjung looked hurt, like she would start crying right there. But Wooyoung showed her no sympathy.

Then softly her answer came, “No.” he groaned.

“Aish!” he kicked a non-existent rock. His hands went up to his head; he just wanted to pull out all of his hair. He scowled at her. “Why did you come back into my life?” it was more of a rhetorical question, and one that he was asking more to himself.

But still she gave a reply. “Because I need you. I came here to find you Wooyoung.”

“I told you back then to not do that. I told you to get out of my life.”

She gave a sad smile, “Yeah, you did. But we both now I’m not a very good listener.” He laughed bitterly at that statement. She really wasn’t.

His phone vibrated in his pocket.

TEXT FROM OK TAECYEON

Wooyoung’s eyes widened. How did Taecyeon get his number? He specifically changed it so Taecyeon wouldn’t be able to contact him except in person…

Hesitantly Wooyoung opened the text.

Bro, where are you?

“Who’s it from?” her chin landed on his shoulder, making him jump away from her.

He needed to get away from her, now. So he ran, he didn’t know where, but he did.

“WOOYOUNG!” Eunjung’s voice faded.

Wooyoung didn’t know how long he ran for, it felt like hours, but he knew he ran far. He had never been in this part of Seoul in a long time, and for a good reason. “I wanted to get away from her and any kind of memories of her.

Yet here he was, at the one grocery store out of hundreds, where he asked her out. Boy did he regret that.

And yes, GROCERY STORE.

His phone beeped once again.

Owl, come on, we’re all worried.

Owl. Just bringing down his mood more and more…

Crap. Sorry force of habit… Wooyoung, please.

He stood there in the parking lot, contemplating whether or not he should reply. Hesitantly he started to type.

Who’s “we”?

The reply was instantaneous.

Me Soohyun Suzy and Lee Jieun

Jieun was worried about him. A smile came upon his face, she was worried, she cared. Maybe she didn’t hate him. “Don’t get your hopes up Wooyoung.”

I’m at the store that she was talking about.


I sat in the back seat, fidgeting. Ok Taecyeon had been occupied with his phone the whole time we were in this car.

“Soohyun go to the store that Eunjung was talking about!” my eyebrows rose.

Suzy leaned forward as far as she could before her seatbelt restrained her. “Did Woo text you back?” Taecyeon nodded. I perked up. Without thinking I leaned forward in my seat and grabbed Taecyeon’s phone from his hands. I read all the texts and let out a breath I didn’t know I was keeping in.

Wooyoung’s safe.

“Hey is that Eunjung?” Soohyun said rolling down his window; I looked out, sure enough… “Hey Eunjung over here!” she turned and smiled, but then she saw me. I couldn't keep in my sarcasm,

“Nice to see you too Ham Eunjung.” 


 

Update~ 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! <3