My Secret is Now...

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

 

Tick...tock...tick...tock. 1:13

I've been staring at the clock for.. who knows how long, and I still have 2 minutes left to wait! I need to get out. Don't get me wrong, I like school, learning new stuff and what not, and this is my favorite class, but I have better places to be.

1:14 

Finally! I started to pack up my things. I adjusted my glasses. Everything's in place, now, where's my bracelet. You have got to be kidding me! I just saw it!I started opening my books. This is what I get for taking it off...

My eyes darted to the clock. 30 seconds! I'm dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead

That's my lucky bracelet! I can't lose it. My eyes started to tear up.

"Jieun-ssi." I my tears back in.

"Yes, Wooyoung-ssi?" 

"Are you looking for this?" he lifted up his hand, which was holding-

"My bracelet!" I exclaimed quietly. I snatched it out of his hands. "Why did you take it!"

...I was about to start crying... and now I find out he took it! Most girls would be happy about this. The Jang Wooyoung taking there stuff. Well I'm not. This bracelet is special. Does he think that because he's popular he can get away with this..this crime?!

"I didn't!" he yelled... softly.

"Then how did you get it?" I questioned.

"It was on the floor." he replied. 

...Oh. I should probably apolo-

Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring

There's the bell...

"Wooyoung-" he's gone. I sighed. Great. Now I seem like... well I don't know how to describe it, but it's not good. I slipped my bracelet on my left wrist, got my books, and got out. I'll just apologize tomorrow... I have a lot of classes with him anyway...

Well, I guess it's time to head to the cafe.


We really need to change the sign...

'Coffee Palace', the second to last 'e' in 'Coffee' was hanging off a bit and the second 'a' in 'Palace' is differently shaded from the other letters. 

When I opened the door, I heard the little jingle of the bells. "Annyeonghaseyo~ Welcome to Coffee Palace!" I inhaled the sweet scents of the cafe. So refreshing! 

The Coffee Palace is the best. It's not your small cafe, instead it's like a restaurant, yet it has that 'comfortable at home' feeling. The Coffee Palace has great furniture, food, and service! But none of this is the best, or my favorite part of the cafe. The best part is the stage. Yes, a stage in a cafe. Not a small one, but not big either, just right. This is where my secret happens.

I headed for backstage, but a girl stopped me. 

"Where are you going, Ugly?"

...No one's ever called me that... She stared at me.. I've never felt so much... hate.

"Jieun!" the owner's voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Aboji!" ...did I mention that the owner's my Grandpa?

"What's going on?" he asked. He looked at the girl, then at me.

"Ham Eunjung, she is suppose to be back there." 

"Mianhamnida." her attitude disappeared. She bowed her head, and walked away. I looked closely at her.

Tall, loads of makeup, plastic, two-faced, she's just another typical popular. Except her hair, it's.. weird; It looks like it was cut with a... knife? I haven't seen her around, she must have just moved here.

"Kamsamnida!" I smiled at Aboji, "Is she new?"

"Yes, she just moved here, I think she's transferring to your school." he paused. "She seems very nice!" I inwardly laughed.

Her. Nice? Ha. I barely even know the girl but I can tell this. She is... not nice.

"Well I'm going to get ready now!" I went backstage, and entered my room.

My room... really needs a cleaning.. Not my actual room, like where I sleep and stuff, I'm talking about my dressing room for performances.

That's my secret. I love to sing... so I perform here at the cafe. I change my appearance and name, so I don't get recognized at school. You could say that I'm like Hannah Montana, just on a much smaller scale. 

Well, anyway back to the topic of my room... it's very messy. Sheet music all over the place, pencils and pens on the floor, and I accidently left my snack from yesterday here. Well I guess it's time to clean upI checked the time, 1:36. Really? It's only been 21 minutes since school got out. I still have a ton of time before tonight's performance. Time to clean. 


I heavily breathed. That was harder than I thought it would be I looked at my room satisfied; everything was now organized and neat. I checked my Hello Kitty clock, 4:08. It takes me about 5 minutes to get ready. 

4:13 

I checked to see if everything was all set. Hair, clothes, shoes, phone, bracelet, guitar... Guitar.. Where's my guitar! Oh no... I left it in the music room! I was going to get it after the bell... but then I lost my bracelet which Wooyoung- This is all his fault! If  he had just- UGHH. My hands clenched in frustration. I have never forgotten my guitar. EVERI checked the time again, 4:16.

I ran.  I ignored the looks of the people I passed by, I need my guitar. When I got to school I checked the time, 4:32. I hurried inside. I practically broke the door to the music room, and scratched the floor of the music room. 

"Mianhe," I hugged my guitar, "I'll never forget you ever again!" I checked the time, 4:38. 

Once again, I ran, this time more carefully.

4:53

I made it! I briskly walked back into my room, and did some final touch-ups. There was a knock on my door.

"Jieun, are you ready?" the voice was Aboji.

"Yup!" 

Show time. 


"Annyeonghaseyo~ I'm IU and welcome to the Coffee Palace!" I stood onstage, applause came from all around the cafe.

Big turnout tonight... 

"Do we have any requests?"

This is usually how my performances go: First, I introduce myself. Then, I ask for requests. After I ask, people request songs from groups like Super Junior and Girls' Generation. I also have my own songs that I perform. The performance length is 1 hour, sometimes with breaks in the middle. At the end, I say goodbye and thanks, and I'm done. I transform back to boring, ugly,  Jieun... Tonight's performance was no different from any other.

"Good night everyone! Kamsamnida!"

I slumped down onto my couch. I'm exhausted... I need banana milk. I got up and opened the door, something really shocking was there, or should I say someone.

"W-Woo-What are y-you doing here?" I almost blew my identity, Wooyoung-ssi what are you doing here?! 

I felt my heart pounding against my chest, I bet he could hear each beat. 

He smirked.  "Hello, Miss IU," he grabbed my left wrist, "or should I say, Lee Jieun-ssi."

I froze. "W-who?"

"Jieun-ssi, give it up, I know it's you, this bracelet is the same bracelet from earlier." he indicated to my bracelet. "Also, you had your pink guitar on stage, the same one you use in Music Class."

My secret... has been found out...

"Wooyoung-ssi please, please, please don't tell anyone my secret!" I looked straight into his eyes...

"I'll keep your secret," I felt my mouth curve into a smile. "on one condition."

I frowned. "What is it?"

"We sing together."

~

Please help me improve by commenting criticism!

Thanks for reading!