Our First Rehearsal

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

I feel sticky. Very sticky. But I like how I smell! 

Feeling someone touching my shoulder, I turn around. Wooyoung was... sniffing me? "Eh... Wooyoung?" he straightened up and blushed.

"Sorry... you just smell... really yum- good!" Yummy? I giggled, I do smell yummy.

Ah~ the sweet smell of banana milk. "I know I do!"

We had just come out of the locker room, well I just did. I was wearing my gym clothes, instead of my uniform, although the scent stayed on me. My hair was pulled back into a ponytail since it was… distracting. I was also wearing Wooyoung’s blazer; I really like how it feels on me, like it belongs there.

I smiled at the thought; I won’t deny that, that feeling made me all… giddy inside. But don’t think I have fallen for him, I’ve only known him for since Tuesday. It’s just that he’s my first friend and all.

"Can you hold this?" I held out my blazer, which I had been holding the whole time.

"Sure!" he grabbed it. I giggled at his eagerness. He was now holding both of our bags, my guitar, and my blazer.

School had just ended, and we were heading towards his car.

Today is the day of our first rehearsal. Today is just full of events, isn’t it?

I sighed as I recalled today’s happenings: From Wooyoung texting me at like 5 in the morning, to the uniform incident, then the banana milk, and finally I crying and Wooyoung comforting me. Just thinking about that last one makes my face feel hot.

“-rehearse?” I heard Wooyoung say.

“Sorry, can you repeat that?” I asked dumbly.

“I said, where do you want to rehearse?”

“I don’t know. We can’t stay here, someone might see us…” I pondered on where we could rehearse, “Can we go to your place?”

“No, sorry, my parents don’t like unexpected guests.” he replied. “How about your place?”

My place? I’ve never had someone over before. Aboji wouldn’t mind… I think.

“Ok let’s head to the café.”


“You should change the sign.” Well that sounds oddly familiar.

“Never mind the sign, let’s get inside!” I hastily walked in the café, inhaling the cinnamon like aroma. I held the door open for Wooyoung because he was carrying all of our stuff.

The Coffee Palace is busy as usual.

“Come on Wooyoung, I’ll take you to my room.” I started for the hallway, the hallway where my “problem” begun.

Workers and regulars greeted me as I walked passed them, I greeted each one back.

“Jieun-ah mind trading my husband for your boyfriend?” even though it was I joke I could feel the blood rushing up to my face.

“Mrs. Park he’s not my boyfriend!” I denied. Wooyoung, my boyfriend? As if that would ever happen.

“Aww he isn’t?” she whined and then added. “He should be! Don’t you think so Yeobo?” she turned to Mr. Park. However, Mr. Park was eying Wooyoung like a hawk. Poor Wooyoung, he looks so awkwardly scared.

“No.” Mr. Park grunted in response.

“Why not?” Mrs. Park asked.

“Because they are completely compatible! They should be married!” Mr. Park looked very happy of the idea. Mrs. Park then nodded vigorously in agreement.

“Bwoh?!” Wooyoung and I yelled.

“Bye Mr. and Mrs. Park, we should be going!” I bowed. Without thinking grabbed I Wooyoung’s hand and dragged him towards the hallway.

“Aigoo so cute!” I heard people in the café coo.

“I don’t want to see kids yet!” Mr. Park yelled at us.

I have never been this embarrassed in my entire life.

“Sorry about that Wooyoung… it’s just I’ve never really brought someone over before, much less a boy.” I said once we were in the hallway, away from everyone. I had my back towards him because my face was really red.

“It’s fine…” I stole a glance at him, his face was also red. Guess I’m not the only one embarrassed.

“Let’s just go and rehearse.” Once again I dragged him. I walked towards the door, got my key and opened it, “Watch your step.”


I don’t think we planned this out very well. Well that or what happened earlier in the cafe... 

Anyway, we're in my room, both sitting on my bed. It is dead silent. And he was looking everywhere but at me.

“Wooyoung… let’s start.” I awkwardly said, he turned to me and nodded.

I took out a copy of the “Request Songs! ^^” sheet, this is where the customers request from.

“What’s that?” Wooyoung indicated to the sheet.

“The ‘Request’ sheet.” I answered without elaborating. He seemed to figure it out. I handed him the sheet, “Do you know all of these songs?”

The songs are from Super Junior, Girls’ Generation, Big Bang, and other various bands and soloists.

He looked over the whole sheet. “Yeah, I know all of these songs.”

I thought I was going to have to teach him a lot, out of happiness I accidently cheered, “Yay!”

I slapped my head, and then slapped it again. The first slap was for cheering ‘yay’, the second slap was for slapping myself for real. I’m an idiot.

I heard him start laughing. I pouted and mumbled, “It wasn’t that funny.” He was laughing his head off; I started to giggle along with him. Before I knew it we were both laughing hysterically. I could feel the awkward tension that was upon us, disappear. We finally both stopped laughing.

“Let’s do this thing!” Wooyoung exclaimed. I smiled and nodded.

“Ok, so first things first, who’s singing what on each song.” I said.

We spent a long time on deciding who sang which lyrics, harmony, and melody. After finishing all that, we decided we have a solo song. We then went onto planning on how the whole performance would go. By the time we finished everything, it was 6:52.

“That was fun!” I fell onto my back onto my pillow.

“It was!” Wooyoung angled his arms behind him and leaned on them.

The door opened, “Jieun, it’s time to get- who’s this?” Aboji raised his eyebrows.

I forgot to tell him… Whoops. I’m not talking about the rehearsal, because coming here was on the spot, I’m talking about me and Wooyoung singing together.

“This is a friend from school!” I chirped.

Wooyoung stood up and bowed, “Anneyeonghaseyo, Ahjussi.” Aboji seemed shock, I’m not sure if it’s from Wooyoung’s manners, or from me saying he’s my friend…

“Well would you like to join us for dinner?” it’s from my saying he’s my friend.

“No, I’m sorry, but I should probably be going.” He got his stuff.

“Are you sure, we’re having a real big feast tonight!” Aboji tried to persuade him.

“Yes, I’m sure, thank you for the offer.”

“Well, it was nice meeting you…”

“Wooyoung.”

“It was nice meeting you Wooyoung-ssi.” Aboji smiled.

“Good-bye.” Wooyoung bowed once again and then turned to me, “Annyeong Jieun, see you tomorrow!”

“Annyeong Wooyoung!” we smiled at each other, and with that he left.

“Jieun haven’t I seen him before?” Aboji asked me. I don’t remember them two seeing each- Oh right…

 

He took a deep breath, and started to- 

"Jieun, are you still- Who's this?" 

Of course. Of course someone just had to interrupt. And, again, of course it had to be-

"Aboji, this is... a fan!" I quickly looked at Wooyoung-ssi. "Nice to meet you!" I quickly shook his hand and started pushing him towards the exit of the hallway.

"Nice to meet you..." he awkwardly replied.

"Go home now, please?" I whispered. 

 

Wow, that seems like years ago, when in reality it’s only 2 days ago. Time sure does fly.

“Jieun?” I was brought out of the memory.

“Oh right!” I mumbled. “No Aboji, you haven’t seen him before.” I quickly lied.

“Are you sure I could’ve sworn-” I interrupted.

“Maybe you saw him in the yearbook!” I added, he took that into consideration and went along with it.

“Let’s eat dinner now.” Aboji announced. “Why do you smell like banana milk?”


I rubbed the towel over my head, drying my hair. I'm so glad about two things: One, Aboji took the duet thing well. And two, I'm not sticky anymore...

I am kind of sad that I don't smell like banana milk, but at the same I'm glad, since the way I got the scent is not a very good way. And it's all because of,

Jang Wooyoung. From the moment I met you my life became much more interesting and fun.

10:37

I should probably go to sleep. I yawned. I felt my head, dry.

I lay down on my bed, stared at the spot Wooyoung had been sitting, then shut off the lamp. Wooyoung, you better not be in my dreams. I shut my eyes.

I’m so sorry but I love you da geojitmal~

My eyes opened. First you wake me up early, and now you keep me up at night. I sighed and unlocked my phone.

Hi Jieun! ^^ I hope you weren’t sleeping when you got this! D: I just wanted to say that today was really fun! From morning to right now. Rehearsals was the best part!
Sweet dreams Jieun! ^^

I felt myself smiling yet again.

Hi Wooyoung! ^^ don’t worry I wasn’t asleep yet! I had a lot of fun too, especially at rehearsal! :) Go to sleep k? Don’t text me back right now! Arraso?
Sweet dreams Wooyoung~ ^^

Eventful, so very eventful. Good and bad things happened, not to mention embarrassing.

But really what made my day was rehearsal.

Our first rehearsal.

~

31. ASDFJKL; Thanks guys!

Over 700 views :D

Did anyone notice that I changed the foreword and description? 

Thanks for reading! Subscibe if you haven't yet! And comment! Please? c:

(have you guys seen Wooyoung's new single? If not go watch it! It's called "Y LADY")