Can I Live With You?

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

Warning:  Language and not cute.


It has been a few weeks since our first performance together. These few weeks have been… I don’t even know what to say.

Different? Weird? My new normal?

All of the above, I guess.

Every day, Wooyoung and I have been hanging out, which doesn’t go well with other people. I’ve been bullied more and more, nothing new there.

However something that is new and shocking is that Wooyoung is starting to be bullied as well, both at school, people are starting to turn against him, well except for his extreme fan girls, and at the café, turns out I have jealous fan boys.

But the worst part is he doesn’t tell me. I only know because I saw it.

Finally, I finally convinced Wooyoung that he can’t me everywhere.

I walked down the hallway alone, sighing.

It’s not that I don’t want to be with him all the time; I do want to be with him, him being my only friend and all… It’s just that he really is getting a bad reputation and I don’t want that for him, no matter if he doesn’t care about it.

“Oof!” I stopped walking and peeked around the lockers. My eyes widened in shock.

“You don’t know how long we’ve been wanting to do this.” The boy said before giving Wooyoung a punch to the stomach. His lip is bleeding. I bit my lip, it’s like I’m one with him, I can feel his pain. “No one to protect you now huh?” Another hit, this time from the other boy. “No Populars, just that nerdy girl. And what is she? You’re girlfriend? Ugly boy and ugly girl, perfect.” The hitting didn’t stop. My eyes started to tear up. Jieun do something!

“Don’t you dare say that about-” Wooyoung started.

“Hey what are you kids doing?” a teacher came. The boys ran. Wooyoung collapsed. Just as I was about to run to him, another teacher came and yelled at me.  

“Jieun you okay?” Aboji brought me out of my flashback.

“I’m fine.” I looked at the time. “I’m going out.” I quickly finished my breakfast, and got up.

“Ok, be careful.” He continued to drink his coffee; I nodded and went to my room to get changed.

 

“Hey it’s Wooyoung, leave-” I ended the call.

Wooyoung let’s hang out? ^^

I waited for a reply.

Minutes are passing by like nothing; sometimes he takes a long time, but never this long.

I racked my brain for Wooyoung’s address; he had never given it to me, no matter how much I asked for it. But I remember his fan girls kept repeating it to each other.

21613 Second Street.


“Hello, who are you?” a lady, who I’m guessing to be Wooyoung’s mom, opened the door.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Lee Jieun.” I bowed.

Confusion etched onto her face.

Has Wooyoung never mentioned me? I gave a slight frown to the thought.

“What is your business?”

“I’m here for Wooyoung.” I declared. There was a sudden glint of annoyance in her eyes, but it was quickly swept away.

“May I ask why?” she strained a smile. My eyebrows furrowed.

For some reason, even if we just met, I dislike her.

“I just want to hang out with him, we’re friends.” I added a smile to the end of my explanation.

She gave me the elevator look. The strained smile was replaced with a cold glare.

“That trash got you pregnant.”

“E-Excuse me?” tension suddenly burst.

“Leave.” She slammed the door shut, the air slapped me.

Something is really not right.

A sudden feeling of panic and fright washed over me, as if something is going to happen.

But what?

I walked away from the front door and stared at the house.

Crash.

A lamp fell out of one of the windows.

More and more things flew out of that window.

Yelling. Screaming. Other sounds which I can’t describe.

All from that one window.

“I SHOULD’VE ABORTED YOU.” I heard the lady’s voice. “YOU’RE NOTHING BUT TRASH, TRASH THAT RUINED MY LIFE.”

Neighbors started to pour out, but only the Populars, excluding Ham Eunjung, who isn’t present, caught my eyes, seems like I’ve caught there’s as well.

 “THE TRASH HAS NOTHING TO SAY?” the volume increased. “I GUESS IT’S TIME TO TAKE IT OUT. AND THAT , LEE JIEUN.” I cringed at that one word. “IS THAT WHERE YOU’VE BEEN SNEAKING OFF TOO? SO YOU CAN DO IT WITH HER?”

The Populars stares on me intensified, especially Ok Taecyeon.

“What did you call her?” I faintly heard Wooyoung’s voice.

“Oh the trash does talk, but only when I mention it’s trashy .” She cackled.

“,” my eyes widened, I’ve never heard Wooyoung use foul language. “You can call me trash, in fact you can speak of me however the hell you want. But never poison her name with your mouth.”

“I can do whatever I want,” I can sense her smirking. “Including talking about Lee Jieun, she is a , a , a , a -”

The sound of a slap echoed loudly.

“Shut up.” His voiced sent chills down my spine.

“How dare you-”

“I SAID SHUT UP.” Silence replaced all noise, time stopped. The world, even if only for this short moment, is revolving around Wooyoung. “I’ve dealt with your crap for far too long.” His voice became stronger and increased in volume with each word. “Every night, you get drunk and cheat on your so-called husband. All those things you just now called her, are the things you should be calling yourself.” He took a deep breath in. “I’ll do us both a favor and leave.”

“Well that is something I’ll support. Hurry up and leave.”

“I’m already packed; I’ve been waiting to do this forever.” I can sense that this is about to end. “Before I go, I have on last thing to say to you.”

“And what would that be?”

“I hope Dad haunts you.” Her composure disappeared. “Good-bye.”

He walked out the front door, his head down looking at his phone, his suitcase being dragged behind him.

I’m so sorry but I love da geojitmal~

Sorry for the late reply, my phone was on vibrate.

I have a question to ask you.

I quickly typed.

What is it?

Wooyoung stood before me, and, probably for the first time today, smiled.

“Can I live with you?”

~~~

…Okay so I know this isn’t the usual cute stuff…

But Wooyoung’s problems had to be revealed one way or another.

Just so you know his problem with his mom is one of his Secrets.

 Also to clear up any confusion, Wooyoung has a step-father, who was at work at the time all of that happened. And I think you can figure out what happened to his dad.

Remember back in Chapter 8,

“Can we stay are your place? I questioned.

“No.” his face darkened a bit. Strange…

“Why not?” I purged on.

“Jieun, we can’t.” he said in a monotonous voice.

I let it go, but I didn’t stop thinking about it. Why can’t we stay there? Are his parents strict? Oh wait… right! They don’t like unexpected guests. Well… I’m starting to think there’s more to it than that, by the way he acted when I asked. Maybe he’ll tell me in the future.

 

And also back in Chapter 6 where Wooyoung said his parents don’t like unexpected guests.

Does it make sense now?

8/16/12 : OH OH OH I FORGOT... yeah sorry.. but I really want to point this out... Wooyoung's address, 21613, which you can see as 2 16 13 which can be see as, 2 P M : 2PM :D ... yeah fail LOL 

Well thanks for reading!

Don’t forget to comment and subscribe!