Good Day

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

 

“Wooyoung~” I whined. “We’ve been driving around for forever.” He laughed.

And that is a summary of the past two hours of driving have been.

Sighing, I turned to look at his face. The setting sun brought out his features, which made him look even cuter than he usually is. Smiling, he noticed me staring, so he glanced over, his smile widening. Being caught, I flushed. I quickly turned to my window.

We’ve been going around in circles.

“Wooyoung, are you trying to kill the planet?” I didn’t take my eyes off the familiar surroundings we passed not too long ago.

He gave a small ‘tee-hee’. “Of course I’m not!” and of course, he mumbled something after.

I groaned. He really, REALLY, needs to stop mumbling.

“What’s wrong?” he took off his eyes from the road for a moment to look at me, but then quickly put them back.

“You, that’s what,” I put plainly.

He gave a small pout. “What did I do Jieunie~” I almost giggled at his cuteness. ALMOST.

Arms crossing over my chest, I turned to him, slightly glaring. “You mumble way too much, your words are important to me!”

And you know what his response was?

If you guessed he mumbled, you just won the game!

I groaned again. “Wooyoung!”

“Mian… I just… it’s a habit.” He responded lamely, to which I sighed. “Anyway! We’re here!”

I looked out the window, to see where the next part of this whole surprise was. Apparently, the next part is Seoul Tower. To be honest, I find this a little cliché. Nevertheless, I’m excited!

Waiting for me to step out, Wooyoung coughed. I must’ve dazed off.

The sun was disappearing over the horizon, which brought out the many beautiful colors of the sky.

He suddenly grabbed my hand. “Pali!”


Blindfolded, Wooyoung led me to where ever we were going.

Okay, so let’s back track a bit.

After he grabbed my hand, I noticed he was wearing a back pack, but before I could ask he dragged me inside. Before we went, he asked me if I could put a blindfold on, when I asked why, he mumbled, again. Although this time, I heard him, barely. Something about adding to the surprise…

Well anyway, here we were where ever the heck it is.

“You can take off the blindfold now,” I could practically hear the grin in his words.

Slowly, I untied the blindfold, I felt him aiding me. His hands are still so soft…

Blinking, I gasped.

Calling this sight beautiful would be an understatement.

There were lights hanging, slightly on, the sky was now in full view, every color was meshed together in a way I can’t describe in words. The sun still had not completely set, but it was far enough so I could see stars.

“Wooyoung, this is… amazing.” I told him, mouth agape.

He took my hand once again, he sure does that a lot, which made me turn to him. “I know.” He smiled.

His eyes gazed into mine, there it is again. Genuine happiness.  All of his negative feelings, pain, anger, sadness, at least for this moment, are not visible.

That made me smile, a lot.Up there, time stopped. What felt like seconds was actually hours. Our time up there together was spent doing nothing, yet doing everything.


It’s a difficult thing to explain.

But if you felt it, you would understand how I felt.

The moments up there are probably one of the most special and precious in my life.

“Whoops.” I heard Wooyoung mutter. Sitting up, I looked over at his lying figure and asked, “What happened?”

“It’s pass 1 and we have school…” all of a sudden, I felt sad.

We would have to leave now.

He stood up and offered me his hand, I took it. We started for the door.

Oh please, let this be like those cliché dramas where the couple gets trapped and has to spend the night together at where ever they are.

To my disappointment, the doors opened normally.

Blinking, I stopped walking; he stared at me, lost in thought.

Did I just think that?

Did I just want to be stuck here with Wooyoung?

And not only that, did I just indirectly call us a couple?

I furiously shook my head. I’ve only known him for a couple of weeks, there is no way I can be falling for him!

I’m like this because he’s my first friend… right?“Jieun, are you okay?” Wooyoung asked the moment he entered his car. I replied a ‘yes’ a little too quickly. His eyebrows rose, but then he sighed. “Remember, you can tell me anything, we are best friends after all.”


The car started to move, thought I barely noticed it. My mind was too busy replaying his words, we are best friends after all.

Those words made me extremely happy, yet at the same time, it makes me feel… sad.

Changing the subject, my mouth went off by itself. “So, the surprise is over now?”

He nodded. “It actually went longer than expected.” I felt a yawn escape my lips. “You can go to sleep, I’ll wake you up when we get home.”

Don’t need to tell me that twice.


My eyes opened.

4:02.

Ugh. Too early.

I feel something wrapped around me, but I am way too tired to turn and look.

It’s probably just Wooyoung or something…

Closing my eyes, I heard him singing me to sleep. Imagination has taken over.

I recalled the events that happened yesterday.

That was a good day.

~~~

FINALLY UPDATED.

I'm sorry I took so long ;~; 

Thanks for reading c: