Expected and Unexpected

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

I’m so sorry but I love you da geojitmal~

My eyes opened slightly. Ugh, who would be texting me at, I checked the time, 5:29. This is too early. I grabbed my phone.

TEXT FROM JANG WOOYOUNG ^^

How did I guess? I unlocked my phone.

Good Morning Jieun! ^^ Did I wake you? I just wanted to tell you that from now on we’ll be driving to & from school together k?

Well, that will keep the rumors flowing now won’t it? I sighed and replied,

Morning Wooyoung. Yeah you woke me up -__- k…

Time to go back to-

I’m so sorry but I love you da geojitmal~

He replied too fast for my liking.

I’M SORRY! >< I’ll be coming early so we can eat breakfast together! :)

Is this what friends do? I let out a puff of air. I might as well get ready now. I checked the time, 5:33. This boy will the death of me.

kk what time?

I got up out of bed and did my daily morning things. Now he takes a while to reply, when I’m up.

I’m so sorry but I love you da geojitmal~

Right now!

What? Right now? As in… 5:52! I didn’t bother to reply; instead I just got my stuff, and headed for the café. Which doesn’t open until 6.

When I got down I saw some of the workers, who took the morning shift, getting ready to open. We each said quiet good morning’s to each other. I looked around wondering where he was.

I need a girl~

Incoming Call – Jang Wooyoung ! ^^

He’s calling me… He’s calling me? He’s calling me!

My eyes widened. I’ve never gotten a phone call from anyone except Aboji… then again, I don't really have any other numbers besides Aboji. I quickly answered the phone.

“Y-Yoboseyo?” Why did I stutter? I slapped my face.

He chuckled, “Jieun, you shouldn’t hit yourself.” Wait, he saw that? I looked around cautiously. He chuckled again.

“Have you checked outside?” I quickly turned to the direction of the entrance. There he was, holding his phone up to his ear. The sun was shining down on him, giving him that “dramatic” look. He started to wave stupidly, and he wore that cute idiotic smile…

I just called his smile cute, didn’t I? And now I’m talking to myself again. Just great.

“Jieun, are you just going to stand there in a daze, or are you going to let me in?” he broke from my almost mini conversation with myself. My face burst into flames of embarrassment.

“Yah!” I screamed into the phone. “Just be patient or I’ll leave you outside!”

The workers gave me weird looks, before the saw the boy outside, the looks turned into… creepy smiles. I don’t what they’re thinking but it’s probably not fact.

“Don’t smile like that!” I pouted. They all just lightly laughed and continued to work.

I grumbled to myself. Weirdos… What were thinking?

“Jieun~” I heard someone whine.

Oh right! He’s still waiting. I forgot. I went to open the door, and hung up.

“Why did you forget about me?” Wooyoung pouted.

This is just… not right. Why am I finding this irresistibly cute!? What is wrong with my mind?

“Jieun~ are you ignoring me?” I took my eyes off him. I will not let him see me blush because of him.

“L-Let’s just e-eat.” I stumbled over my words.

“Are you finding me cute?” he teased. I ignored the remark, well more like, I didn’t have a comeback.

“Look we’re wasting time, let’s just eat and get to school.” I rushed out my words.

“Ok.” I mentally sighed in relief. All his teasings and cuteness are over. Yes, I’m admitting that, that… butthead is cute.

Breakfast was very silent. No, scratch that. Quiet is a more appropriate term. If the café hadn’t opened, then it would be silent. The hustle and bustle of the Coffee Palace is what kept the silence from coming.

...I always realize things later than I should, don’t I?

“Wooyoung, how did you know I lived here?” I asked him quietly.

“Oh, I figured it out.” He replied. Ok, I am too tired to ask how. I just want to go back to sleep. I checked the time. 6:13.

“Wooyoung, let’s get to school early.” Maybe then, less people would see us together! He nodded. We cleaned up and left a tip. He grabbed my bag and guitar, and before I could say anything he rushed out to put them in his car. I heard some people around the café make remarks. Joy, now more people can think we’re a “thing”. Wanting to “clear my name” I told everyone that we are just friends, not anything more than that.

I walked outside, and saw him waiting for me. I know exactly what’s going to happen next. I walked over to him.

Yup, I was right. He opened my door. He started to head for school.

“Are you being a gentleman because it’s good manners?” my mouth said without my consent.

“Y-Yeah.” Did he stutter?

Not wanting there to be an awkward silence, I started filling him in on performance stuff. About how we’re performing on Saturday this week, so we have to rehearse soon, as today is Thursday. I also told him that he needs to have a new look when we perform. I don’t want anyone recognizing him, IU might get antis.

So with a lot to plan and do, we decided to make a “schedule”… when we got to school. He needs to focus on the road.

6:21.

Wooyoung went to open my door. I looked around, seeing that barely anyone was there I got out. He then got my guitar, bag, and his bag. I tried to get my bag but he insisted.

“At least let me carry my guitar!” I whined.

Whining does work.


We went to homeroom, our teacher wasn’t in yet.

“Ok, so we need to start on that “schedule”.” I told him.

“Ok! It will be easy since we’re both free!”

Gah! Why does he just assume that I’m free! Even if he is right… It doesn’t make it right for him to assume things!

“How about we rehearse after school?” I asked him.

“Sure!” he seemed very, very happy about that.

“And shopping on Friday?” I asked him another question.

“Ok!” this boy sure is energetic, given that it’s 6:32 in the morning. I yawned, 6:32 huh?

“Do you want to go to sleep?” I merely nodded. I could feel my eyes drooping. I heard some noises coming from him, and I heard something go on my desk. My head dropped onto my desk, but instead of landing on the hard wood, I felt something soft, like a pillow. It smelled really good too, sort of like… banana milk. I smiled at the thought, and fell asleep. I felt something soft touch my forehead, but it was probably my imagination.

“Sweet dreams Jieun.” I heard a sweet-like-honey voice say. Maybe it was Wooyoung’s… I doubt it. Then I heard a familiar soothing voice singing me to sleep.

Little did I know someone had been watching us the whole time.

Expected, but unexpected.  

~

ASDFJKL; 22? ;u; 

I'd like to explain more on the title... 

So I didn't really know what to call this chapter ^^; but then I came up with that.

"Expected and Unexpected" because there are thing that are expected and things that are unexpected,

like the person who was "spying" on Wooyoung and Jieun.

Expected: the plans that they made are now expected to happen, Wooyoung being a gentleman

Unexpected: Wooyoung texting and calling, Wooyoung telling Jieun that he would give her a ride to and from school

I just wanted to explain that~  

(Sorry if this chapter was slow and/or boring! :c)

Thanks for reading! Please subscribe if you haven't yet! :)