Picnic

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

Drying my hair, I slowly strolled into my room. “Hey Wooyoung, what are you doing?”

He replied. “Waiting for you.” Looking at me, he suddenly stood up. “Let’s eat.”

“Ok!” I put on my glasses, and then slid on my bracelet. “So what do you want?”

“Actually, I thought we should eat out… if that’s okay with you…”

“And by eating out, do you mean going downstairs?” he shook his head. “Well where are you thinking?”

He grinned, “Surprise.”

And with that, he grabbed my hand, intertwining his fingers in mine, to which I blushed furiously, and led me out. “Hyung we’re going out!” he yelled.

“Okay be safe!” Aboji’s voice came from the room.

Wait what did Wooyoung call Aboji?

“Wooyoung, hyung?” I asked, still being led by him. He just shrugged.

All through the café, people were staring, whether they are customers or employees. “Are you two together yet?” I heard Mrs. Park ask.

I was about to say no, but Wooyoung beat me. “Not yet!” I blinked.

Not yet!

Yet, as in it will happen in the future?

 My face flushed even more, if that was possible. “Y-Yah, what do you mean ‘not yet’?”

He blinked, I think his tinted with pink, but I’m not too sure. “Because her question ended with ‘yet’ my answer ended with ‘yet’ without me thinking…” ok, that sort of makes sense…

When we were in the car, I realized my clothes: fluffy penguin pants, and a really baggy shirt that has a lollipop on it. With my hair not brushed.

Before Wooyoung could turn on his car I told him, “I’m not properly dressed…”

He smiled. “It doesn’t matter!” I then looked at what he was wearing, and smiled. Sweat pants and a t-shirt with a lollipop on it, what a coincidence.

“We’re matching.” I pointed out.

He broke into a large grin, and then put on glasses that matched mine. “Yes we are.” I laughed, and buckled my seat belt. He started up the car and drove out of his parking space.

I turned up the radio a bit. “So, where are we going in such formal attire?” I said in a serious tone, which turned into a light giggle.

“It’s still a surprise.” I pouted. It better be a good surprise.


McDonald’s.

Wooyoung parked far from the restaurant, even though there were many closer spaces.

“Why did you park so far?” I asked, unbuckling my seat belt.

He opened his door, dashed over to mine, and opened it. “I wanted too!” he held out his hand, I stared at it, not knowing what to do with it. He then grabbed my hand for the second time today. I should’ve known that he meant that.

We then started for the front doors, without letting go of each other. For some reason, I won’t tell him that we should let go.

As we entered the doors, people stared at us, either because of our matching pajamas or our intertwined hands.

“Fifteen Big Macs, please!”

…Fifteen? FIFTEEN? Is he really that hungry?

As he paid for the food, he still wouldn’t let go of my hand. He held the very big bag, and started for the entrance.

“We’re not eating here?”

“Nope!”

When we got to his car, he opened my door, as expected. As I was about to put my seat belt on, he did it for me, a little unexpected. He still smells like banana milk…

He then raced over to his side of the car and put the Big Macs in the back seat, that’s when I noticed the huge cooler.

“Um… Wooyoung what’s with the cooler?” I asked him.

The moment he grinned, I knew his answer. “Surprise.”


“Where are we Wooyoung?” I looked around.

I’ve never seen this park before…

“Some park.” He replied nonchalantly. “Let’s go!” he went to open my door and unbuckle my seat belt.

My stomach grumbled. “When are we going to eat~” I whined.

He chuckled and went on to the back seat, “Right now!” he got the Big Macs and the cooler. “Can you get the blanket in the trunk?” I nodded and went to get it.

The blanket is huge, I can barely carry it. The blanket went over my face. “Oof!”

Okay small steps, small steps, small-

“Need some help?” I heard Wooyoung chuckling.

My ‘yes’ was muffled by the blanket, but he understood me anyway. He helped me carry the blanket to the grass, where the cooler and food are. We set it out onto the ground.

It looks like we’re having a picnic.

He motioned for me to sit down, to which I obliged. “So is this the surprise?”

He went into a thinking position. “Part of it.” he then opened the bag of Big Macs. “Let’s eat!”

I grabbed one and unwrapped it, the scent of it wafting up into my nose. My stomach whined at the scent, so I took a bite. So yummy~

With the burger in my mouth, I realized something we’re missing. “Wooyoung, we don’t have drinks.”

“That’s what the cooler’s for!” he then went to open it, I checked inside, and nearly squealed.

“Banana milk!” there must be five gallons worth in there! I quickly snatched one.

Such a beautiful day, perfect for a picnic.


“Aigoo, I’m still full!” I stretched my arms, which ending up in them hitting the ceiling of the car. “So, are we going home now, that was way longer than it should’ve been.”

After finishing breakfast, we began to… play around. Things like tag, hide-n-seek, you know, regular teenage games.

He the ignition. “Not quite.”

“So where are we going?” I put my hand up, signaling him not to answer. “Let me guess, surprise.”

“You know me so well.” He smiled and pulled out of the parking space.

“You know starting the surprise off with a picnic was smart.”

~~~

Well my internet gave out for a while, so I unplugged everything, and it started again...

I want to go on a picnic...

What do you guys think of the poster? :D

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!