End of the Week

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

It's Saturday now, and this week has been terrible, actually beyond that. Youngah is here; she lives here; she goes to school here. Oh and not only that, nope, she hangs with the Populars.

 

I am going crazy. 

 

The reason I came here was to get away from her. Now it's like I never left, well the exception being Wooyoung. But... I've dragged him down with me. The bullying started again. 

From getting banana milk poured on me to my clothes being stolen in Gym Class. From the smallest of things like tripping me to the largest of things... The two of us have become human targets.

For Wooyoung... sigh. I don't even know what he's being going through. He won't tell me! And that just... UGH. It just makes me so mad! He won't tell me anything! Saying he's fine to me every time I ask when I know everything is not fine, I can't help but be mad. How can he think that I wouldn't notice his limp? Or that I couldn't tell that he had been crying? 

I don't even know anymore. Nothing adds up. Nothing makes sense. I'm just so confused; this is just so frustrating!

Yes I know Youngah hates me, the same goes for my feelings towards her. And I know Eunjung hates me. But why would Youngah come here when she was Queenka back there? How did she suddenly appear with Eunjung and the Populars? 

Sigh. Alright brain, that's enough thinking for now. 


Aboji's gone out again. He's been out a lot lately... maybe he found himself a girlfriend? That thought brought a huge grin to my face. Well thinking about his love life is making me hungry haha. I heard the door open right as I opened the fridge. It's probably Wooyoung coming back from grocery shopping. 

"Wooyoung is that you?" I asked paying more attention to the food then to him. 

"M-mm..." before I could speak he added, "I'm gonna take a shower, the groceries are on the table." it didn't hit me that his voice was forced until after he slammed the bathroom door shut. Something is definitely wrong. I closed the fridge and walked over to the bathroom door. As I expected, the shower's on, though I'm sure he's not in it. I laid my ear against the door to try to hear him. 

I hate it when he cries.

Back when I had first come to know about him, I had always thought he was... well a jerk. A strong snobby jerk. That was full of prejudice, I know that now. Now I know he's anything but a jerk, well yes, he does have his jerk moments (anything related to Eunjung) but who doesn't? He's not snobby at all. And... Well he's not all that strong. After getting to know him, I've learned that Wooyoung is actually a weak person. Physically, yes he can hold a fight, like he did that day at the mall. But mentally, emotionally, I know he's weak. 

Jang Wooyoung is the type of person who keeps things to himself. I'm lucky I was able to break down some of his barriers, very lucky at that. But still, I was only able to break down some. He won't let me in any further!

And it hurts. 

It hurts me not to be able to help him; that he can't tell me what's going on. 

Suddenly I heard both the water and the sobbing stop, it's not until now that I noticed that I'm crying. Wiping the tears away I speak. 

"Wooyoung, are you okay?" 

The door opened to reveal him in a complete mess; his hair ruffled, his legs shaking, tears streaming down his face. He shook his head. "N-No." he couldn't talk without cracking. He falls to the ground. 

"Wooyoung!" 


I bit my lip. Where's Aboji? It's been hours since Wooyoung fell and things haven't exactly gotten better. Right now he's asleep in my bed, his breaths are short and ragged, but at least he's breathing...

This is by far the most... I don't even know how to describe it. So many feelings are running through me, which has been happening a lot lately. I sat beside him and looked at his face. He looks so peaceful, if only he could always be at peace. I think this is a good time to check his limp. 

Slowly I got up from the bed and walked to the end. I lifted the blanket up carefully and pulled his left pant sleeve up. There's nothing... then why is he limping? Does it just... hurt? 

I frowned. 

The home phone rang. 

"Yoboseyo?" 


"Jieun..."

I fell to the floor finally letting all my tears out. How could he not tell me? All this time, all these outings, they were all to here! 

I looked up at him, bawling but angry. "Aboji! Why didn't you tell me?" I crawled to him and banged on the bed repeating, "Why?" 

Only the three of us are in the room, though I'm sure everyone can hear me. I felt him grab my hand and squeeze it. "Jieun-ah, I didn't want to worry you... Still I should've told you, I'm sorry, but what's done is done." 

I tried to take a breath before I spoke. "You're going to go back to Gyeonggi-do aren't you?" my voice wavered as I asked him. 

"Yes." 

Lifting my head up, I wiped my tears and gave him a small smile. "I want to go with you." 

Aboji shook his head and smiled back at me. "No you don't." 

I blinked. I don't. For some reason, I don't want to go home with him. There is no urge to go home. Instead there is an urge to stay here. To stay in Seoul. But how can I live here alone? 

"You're not alone Jieun." 

Again, he's right. I'm not alone, I have Wooyoung.

I started to tremble. "But... I'm going to miss you Aboji." 

He gave me a bittersweet smile. "I'll miss you too." he sat up and messed up my hair. "The hospital is escorting me home tonight."

My eyes widened, I stood up and screamed. "Tonight?" Aboji nodded. 

"You should get home before it gets dark." he brought me in for a hug, my eyes started to water. No I won't cry. Not now. I hugged him back whispering my own good bye. I squeezed him tight. These past few years, I feel like I've taken Aboji for granted... Sigh. 'You don't know what you til it's gone'. "Take care of the cafe okay?" I nodded. "And don't let go of him, I really like him." despite our current situation I felt my face redden. We let go of each other, he had a grin on his face.

I playfully pouted. "Aboji~" 

He laughed. "Call me okay?" I nodded. "And tell him I said bye, oh!" he handed me an envelope. "Give him this too okay? Don't read it!" again I nodded, great now I'm provoked. 

"Bye Aboji, I love you." I kissed his cheek. 

"I love you too, take care, okay Jieun?" 

With one last hug, and one last good bye, I left the room.


Breathe. Breathe Jieun. 

KILL YOURSELVES

Just wash it tomorrow... Yeah...

Wooyoung. I ran through the other entrance and up the stairs screaming his name. He couldn't have seen that.... right? 

No he might've, I didn't tell him where I was going... he would've ran out. 

"Wooyoung!" 

No reply. 

~~~

FINALLY UPDATED WOOT. 

I'm sorry for the really late updates everyone... sigh. 

I'm doing my best!

I'll try to update soon! 

Hopefully that's soon...

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and subscribe please! ^o^/