Everyone Knows

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

If only Aboji was here, he would know what to do. I looked into my own eyes; even though I don't look like Jieun, Eunjung knows I'm Jieun. This performance isn't going to be easy. I let out a sigh thinking back to what I received yesterday, Tuesday. 

Unlike Monday, I was confronted a couple of times. Nothing extreme though, so I guess that was good. It was just the usual hate, the only thing that was new was the letters in my locker; which of course I had to tell Wooyoung because one, I promised I'd tell him everything, and two, even if I didn't tell him he would've found out. 

Though I was able to hide one particular letter from, mostly because I didn't even see it until later. Ironically that letter was from Eunjung, which really surprised me because she's the type to confront me face to face; a letter was something completely different from her usual self. Well it wasn't really even a letter, more like a short note. 

Hey Jieun,
if you don't want me to start calling you IU in front of everyone then you better give me what I want. 
-Eunjung 

Calling me IU in front of everyone would mean everyone knowing my secret. Which is exactly what I don't want. The whole point of IU was so I could do what I want without having to deal with it in my own personal life. And not only would everyone know my secret, the cafe would lose business. Now a days, a lot of our customers are from people at school. Since I have a lot of haters at school, if everyone knows who I am, no more customers. Which, in the long run, would mean no more Coffee Palace, and no more house. Oh great, now I'm even more nervous. 

What does she even want from me? It's not like I have anything that she doesn't, she's much better off then I am. So what in the world would she want? 

"Jieun, are you okay?" I looked away from my eyes and into his, through the mirror. 

I gave him a small smile. "I'm okay Wooyoung, just thinking..." 

He shook his head and sighed. "If you got anything you want to let out, tell me, remember, you promised." he walked over and placed his hand on my shoulder. My face went hot. Things were much easier when I didn't realize my feelings. Sigh. 

I slowly nod my head, "I know." 

We stood there, just looking at each other through the mirror. I know he knows I'm hiding something, but he's not saying anything. It's obvious. "Well let's get out and there and perform!" he removed his hand from my shoulder. "Today's her day off right? So we should be fine!" he gave me one last smile and then he left the room. I stood there looking at my own reflection. My eyes widened. Eunjung wants-

"Jieun are you coming?" Wooyoung popped his head back in the room. I nodded. 

Wooyoung. 


I laid in bed, the thought still not leaving.

Wooyoung. All she wants is Wooyoung. I rolled over to my side. But... how can I give him to her? No. Why should I give him to her? It's not like he would go willingly. And... is my secret really worth giving Wooyoung away? 

No it's not. 

I'd rather have everyone in the whole world know that I'm IU, then have to give Wooyoung to that girl... Did I really just think that? That boy has really changed my life. Before the most important things to me were Aboji and IU. Now it's Aboji and Wooyoung. It's weird how things can change without you noticing. 

Okay Jieun, now you're just going off topic. 

So... is this it for IU? I bit my lip. If everyone knows I'm IU it wouldn't take long to figure out who Jason is... Sigh. Just more problems to deal with. I smile. But I guess it will be worth it if Wooyoung is here with me right? 


Something happened last night. I just know it. He's acting weird. "Wooyoung, are you sure you're okay?" I asked him again. He just nodded. If I didn't know him as well, then I would be fooled. But his eyes always give him away. Sigh. I guess it's kind of fair, I'm keeping a secret from him... so...

Why am I so stupid? 

"I have something to tell you." I said bravely - the bravery didn't last long. "Um..." I bit my lip. Come on Jieun! "I broke my promise." my gaze lowered so I wouldn't have to look at him. "Eunjung... she gave me this note. If I don't give her what she wants she's going to-"

"Tell everyone you're IU?" my head rose up fast. He knew? "I have something to tell you too." he wasn't even upset that I didn't tell him right away. This isn't good. He should be upset. I broke the promise. Why isn't he upset? I mean, it's not that I want him to be upset. It's just that him not being upset, that means whatever happened yesterday is bad. "Here." he handed me his phone. 

Hey Wooboo ^^ Just so you know Taec gave me this number im not stalking you. Well ill get straight to the point. Im assuming that you know of Lee Jieun's secret since your always around her. If you don't you should ask her. cuz everyone knows. Ive told the entire school. 
Love you always - Eunjung 

How do I even react to this? At first I wanted to throw up -- Wooboo? Seriously? -- but... when I got to... I blink. Is she lying? Maybe she's just trying to scare me... No. It's true. She told Wooyoung, so it must be true. Everyone knows. All the people in school know. They all know I'm IU. And knowing Eunjung, she probably kept things in that text. Bad things, bad things about IU -- me. Is this really- This can't be happening. Lately most customers have been from school... If they all know... This can't happen. It just can't. 

"Do you want to go to school?" his voice breaks me from my thoughts. I nod my head. I can't keep running away. And even if I do, people could still find me... and Wooyoung. Wooyoung. She doesn't know about Wooyoung, if she finds out, if they all find out about him too... We're done for. "Are you sure Jieun?" 

I look up at him. He's scared too. "Yeah, I'm sure Wooyoung. Let's go." 

All I can do is hope that maybe, just maybe, I'm overreacting. 

~~~~~

LKJSDKLFDSJA F I am so sorry you guys.  I... don't really have an excuse. School has been done for over a week now... 
OKAY off the topic that it's been... a very long time since I've updated. 

The one year anniversary of this story passed. June 6, 2012. Today is June 14, 2013. Sigh, I wish I would've updated a week and a day ago.

But what 's done is done. 

Thank you all for sticking around even though I don't update quickly. I'm so glad you all enjoy this fanfic. I've written fanfiction before, and well, I never finished them. With all your support this may be the one fanfic I do finish. So please keep supporting me! 

95 subscribers. Wow. 5 away from 100. COME ON WE CAN DO THIS! orz

I'll try to update faster now! I know I've said that before... sigh. I'm sorry. It's just I've been kind of having "idea blocks" lately. But I'll try my best.

Please do comment and subscribe and upvote. All that fun stuff. Especially comment. Please comment, it's so nice to hear your feedback. 

I love you all. Thank you. Until next time~

-chubbyturtle