Rumors

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

“Jieun, it’s time to wake up!” I felt someone shake me lightly.

“Aboji, 5 more minutes!” I whined loudly. I heard people start laughing.

Wait, people laughing? My eyes shot open. Right… we’re in class. Ugh! I feel like I slept for a whole night! I raised my head, and looked down. Oh! So that’s what it was! It’s someone’s blazer (part of our uniforms) I wonder who it belongs t-

“Good morning, did I wake you?” I remember hearing, or should I say reading, that.

I looked to my left, Wooyoung. The sun once again was giving him that dramatic look, it didn’t help that he was wearing his white button-up shirt without… without his blazer…

Well, that explains the banana milk scent. I wonder if he smells like banana milk.

What the heck did I just think? What kind of thought is that! I wonder if he smells like banana milk. I shook my head in attempt to get rid of the thought.

“Jieun?” looks like I’ve gotten the attention of everyone in class.

“Y-Yah stop staring!” I managed to get out. I was answered with laughter and snickers. I felt my face burn up.

“Class! What is everyone doing, sit down!” our teacher yelled. Thank you for coming!

“Jang Wooyoung, where is your blazer?” You know that mental thank you I gave you? Yeah, I take it back!

“It’s right,” he grabbed his blazer from my desk. “here.” Shock came from our classmates.

Is every day going to be like this?


So far today has been long, horrible, and one of the worst days ever. (Well… school wise anyway…)

In homeroom, after that uniform incident, we had a seating change. I was really excited; if Wooyoung and I were separated then maybe these rumors would die! As if we were stuck together by glue, we were moved to the front, where everyone could see us. However, that’s not the worst part. Ham Eunjung was placed on the other side of Wooyoung. This was my only class without being near that girl.

In every class so far, I’ve heard the many “situations” about how Wooyoung and I are “in a relationship”. Some say that I paid Wooyoung. Others say that I blackmailed, forced, threatened to kidnap and- er… well you get the point. There was even one that stated that we’re in an arranged marriage. That only happens in the dramas!

Wooyoung, surprisingly, hasn’t heard ANY of these rumors, I don’t know how he can’t since it’s the talk of the school, but he hasn’t.

Now you’re probably wondering, why don’t you just tell Wooyoung? My answer to that is:

That will only add to the flames.

How you ask? Well Wooyoung being Wooyoung, would probably defend me and ask for these rumors to stop.

Now you’re probably thinking, won’t that solve everything?

It will only make it look like a boyfriend defending his girlfriend. Huge rumors that everyone has heard can’t be taken on by only one popular person. Plus even if he does ask people to stop spreading rumors, EVERYONE already knows, and the girls would still hate me for hanging out with him.

My next destination is one I took time getting too. Lunch. I can only imagine the horrors I’ll face. I shuddered at the thought.

I carefully walked in.

I heard some very… mean words that were being used to describe me. It’s a good thing Wooyoung isn’t here to hear them. Looks like I'm going to be paying for my lunch.

I got my lunch and banana milk and started to head for my table. Then the most horrible thing happened.

My banana milk was stolen from me.

“Stay away from Wooyoung Oppa!” I turned, just another fangirl of Wooyoung.

“Give me my banana milk!” I glared at her.

One thing you don’t do is take banana milk from Lee Jieun.

“Ok!” she smirked. That can’t be good.

The next thing I knew I had my banana milk back… it was all over me. Everyone started laughing. I did the stupidest thing I could’ve done.

I dropped my lunch and ran. When I was far enough from the cafeteria I dropped down against the lockers and cried. This is exactly what I was trying to get away from!

“Jieun?” I stopped the tears.

“Go away Wooyoung.” I said keeping my head down. I don’t need him right now.

“No.” he replied. “Why are you crying?” I looked up at him. Maybe I should just ignore what I thought earlier and tell him…

“Rumors.” My answer was quick and straight to the point. He took a seat next to me.

“What are they about?” I told him everything. From hearing the “situations” to the-

“-and then one of your fangirl’s dumped my banana milk on me, which is why I’m wet.” I finished, trembling. That banana milk incident really got to me, just like back then all over again.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier in 4th period!?” his face went red in anger.

“Mianhe…” I’m scared. I’ve never seen him get mad to this extent before. He looks cute when he’s mad.

He sighed, “From now on we go everywhere together, arraso?”

“Arraso.”

“And you tell me everything, arraso?”

“Arraso.”

He took off his blazer and put it on me.  

“Now come on, let’s go get you lunch.” He stood up and offered me his hand.

“And banana milk?” I asked.

He laughed, “Of course!” he smiled.

I smiled and gladly took his hand.

Rumors. Sometimes they can be a good thing.

~

So... I kind of feel that this chapter is... bad... ;3;

I'm sorry for not replying to your guys' comments! I'll go do that now! Although... I'm late on some of them...

Thanks for reading!