Alone in My Room

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

“I’m not hungry.” I walked into my room, leaving Aboji to eat alone.

I heard a soft sigh come from him and something about saving me some food in case I change my mind. Doubt I will, I have completely lost my appetite. After closing the door I went to lie down on my bed.

I have never felt so empty.

Haha. That word: empty. I just gave an empty performance, with empty feelings, what an empty girl I am.

Empty. Empty. Empty.

My head rose up to check the time.

8:24

I need to find him.

My eyes blinked in realization to what I had just thought.

I can’t go out and find him. As much as I want too, everything is against me. It’s late at night, and I have absolutely no clue where he could be. I thought of every reason why I can’t just get up and go find him, yet I still feel like I must go and find him. But how?

The most ridiculous and absurd thought of what I could do came to mind.

I can’t do that, no way! 

Shaking my head to get rid of the thought didn’t work. I really need him… And who knows, she might know.

8:31

Standing up I took a huge breath in, I can do this.

The moment I walked out, Aboji smiled and asked “Are you going to eat now?” I returned a smile and told him where I was going, he nodded.

When I got to the café I saw that only a few employees were still here, luckily one of them being the one I was looking for.

Am I really going to do this?

Second thoughts appeared, I can’t do this, as I was starting to turn around and run upstairs.

“Lee Jieun.” The venom in her voice made me shiver. “Yah. Lee Jieun, I am taking to you.” Sighing I turned around and looked her straight in the eye.

“Yes Ham Eunjung-ssi?”


Wooyoung sat there, pretending to be entranced with the music that was playing, just so Taecyeon wouldn’t try to spark up a conversation. What is he even doing at his… heck, what is Ok Taecyeon to him now? Ex-best friend? Well for now let’s just use names, not labels.

So, what is Jang Wooyoung doing at Ok Taecyeon’s house?

No one knows why, just how it happened.

“Wooyoung!” a boy’s voice called. Wooyoung’s breath hitched at the speaker’s voice.

Fate is either on his side or completely against him.

He turned to the speaker. “What do you want Taecyeon?” it came out more icy than he meant it to be. Taecyeon looked hurt for a second, maybe it was the fact that his best friend, who he was so close too just talked to him like that. Or maybe it was the fact that someone had actually used that tone with him. Who knows.

“Well… I don’t actually know why I’m even trying but,” the boy paused, maybe he shouldn’t ask him. Wooyoung gave Taecyeon a look. He was coming off very rude and mean but he had a good reason to be. His sadness had converted to annoyance, well at least that’s what Wooyoung had convinced himself. “Do you want to sleep over?”

He blinked, was he really just invited to something? That hadn’t since before… Lee Jieun. A half smile-half frown played its way onto his face. He didn’t realize that he had given a reply until Taecyeon spoke again.

“Great!” he smiled widely at Wooyoung, maybe he could get his best friend back. “If you’re wondering, it’s just the guys, Suzy and the girls aren’t coming. Let’s go!” Taecyeon grabbed Wooyoung’s arm and dragged to him to his car.

“Wait, I need to do something first.” Wooyoung ran back into the café, his keys in his pocket. He was not going to let Jieun walk to school. He walked up to a random employee who looked trustable and, “Excuse me, can you give this to Lee Jieun?” she should know who Jieun is right? She is technically part owner of this place.

The girl awkwardly nodded. “Sure, I’ll make sure it gets to her.” He bowed and thanked her, and walked back out.

“Alright let’s go Wooyoung!”

“Wooyoung’s here?” Wooyoung faintly heard the familiar voice.

He quietly mumbled out his thoughts. “Soohyun?”

Taecyeon apparently overheard him. “Yup! Jaebum and Jinyoung are coming over as well.” Wooyoung slowly nodded. Being here alone with his old group, this should be an interesting night.


The two of us had been sitting at this table for endless minutes. No one spoke, I am too scared too, I don’t know why she wouldn’t. After a few more minutes, she finally did.

“Here.” She lazily tossed something onto the table that separated us. I looked down at the object, they were Wooyoung’s keys. Why does she have them? …And how did she get them? Before I could ask she continued. “One of my co-workers had to leave early, some sort of emergency, she said to give these to you, I don’t know why, and I don’t care.” She got up and turned away, muttering a bye she left.

I blinked at what just happened.

I guess she didn’t know that these were Wooyoung’s… Wait. Wooyoung!

“Eunjung-ssi!” I called after her, but it was too late, the door closed behind her. I sighed. I grabbed the keys off the table. How did that girl get the key’s to give to Eunjung to give to me?

Many ideas came to mind, but none made sense. I stood up from the chair and made my way back upstairs.

Aboji wasn’t there to greet me when I got up, I’m guessing he’s sleeping already. Walking back to my room, I lied back down, feeling the need to let my emotions out. I sighed, clutching the keys tighter and grabbed his phone as well.

I feel so lonely and scared and vulnerable without him.

Time to go to sleep I guess…

I laid there for a long time, but I just couldn’t fall asleep. The emotions welled up inside of me.

Outside, I heard the sound of rain.

Looks like it’s time to write a new song.

The words came right to me.

All I got done was the first verse and part of the chorus, after that I fell asleep at my desk, next to Wooyoung’s keys and phone, alone in my room. 

~~~

60 Subscribers...

I don't know what to say, but.

Thank you. 

That is a big number to me. 

 

Thanks for reading! 

Don't forget to subscribe and comment!

I don't know when I'll update next, but please wait for it! ^^