Lift

A Little Crush

   It has gotten colder and snow has fallen. Everyone was getting excited for winter break. Just one more day of school and you get a two week break. Everyone planned on going in the mountains to ski and spend the whole break there. Unfortunately, Xiumin, Tao, Chen, D.O, and Jiyoung couldn't come. They already made plans with their families.

   "Finally! School is over!" Chanyeol said as he stretched his long arms. "I can't wait for tomorrow! I still need to pack my stuff, though."

   "You still haven't started packing?!" You asked in surprise. Chanyeol shook his head. "You always procrastinate. That's a terrible habit."

   "I know, but I hate packing. It's so tedious." Chanyeol stood up and patted your head. "Let's get going. I'll drive you home."

---

   When you got home, you ate snacks and fell asleep on the couch. As soon as you woke up you finalized your two luggages and packed some food for the road. Sulhae then came over a few minutes later and spent the night.

---

   Chanyeol came to your house early in the morning along with Lay. You, Chanyeol, Sulhae, and Lay were going in one car and the others were also splitting four people in a car. Everyone stopped at your house, ate a quick breakfast, and left for the ski resort. The resort itself wasn't far, but since there was snow on the road, all of you decided to leave early just to be careful. It took about three hours drive. It would have been faster, but the road was packed with snow.

   "I'm getting excited! We're almost to the lodge!" Chanyeol said happily. "We should start at the very top of the mountain and ski down. The cold wind hitting our faces as we balance ourselves so we don't come tumbling down the mountain. Ah~ I can't wait!"

   "That sounds like a great idea!" Lay commented. "I'll race you down."

   "You're on! I'll beat you!" Both of them talked competitively with each other.

   Sulhae looked at you with a concerned face.

   You smiled at her. "I'll be fine. Don't worry." You looked out the window and saw the lodge sitting on top of the large mountain.

   Everyone checked-in and went to their rooms. You and Sulhae were in the room together and the others picked out their roommates. When everyone got settled in, everyone met down in the lobby and headed towards the lifts. The lift would only carry two passengers at a time. No one really picked partners. They just went with you was next to them. Chanyeol and Sulhae got their first, so they went up together.

   You, on the other hand, was at the end of the line, so everyone, except one, had gone up. It was your turn and the only person left was the one person you were supposed to stay away from, Suho. You were glad, but you were also sad. The lift started to move and you held on to the seat tightly and shut your eyes. Your hands started to turn white and the higher up you got, you felt a little dizzy. In the middle of the climb, you felt Suho tap your shoulder.

   "Ah!" You let out a scream.

   "I'm sorry."

   "It's okay." Your voice was faint.

   "Soohae, are you alright?"

   "Yeah. I-I'm f..ine." Your voice was trembling. Suddenly, the lift stopped causing it to sway slightly. You held on for dear life, trying not to cry. You opened one eye and wished you hadn't. In your eyes, the lift stopped at the highest possible point. The people skiing below looked like ants to you and your fear worsened.

   "Could it be.... you're afraid of heights?" Suho asked in a concerned tone. You stayed silent. "Don't worry. I'll be here." Suho patted your shoulder.

   A few minutes passed and the lift still hasn't moved. *It's going to be alright. I just need to stay calm and everything will be okay. Just a little longer. Just a little-* As you tried to keep yourself calm, tears started to roll down your cheeks. Suho saw how terrified you were and moved closer to you. The lift moved back and forth due to his movements, making you feel more terrified.

   You felt Suho's arms around you, which made you tense up a little. "It's going to be okay, Soohae. Just breathe and try to relax. Think about happy things." His arms still around you, he started to pat your head and slowly your fear started fading away. You stopped crying and you loosened your grip on the bars a little. "Do you feel better now?"

   "Yes, thank you." You wiped you tears away with one hand, while Suho carefully moved back to his original spot and handed you his handkerchief. A few more minutes passed when the lift finally began to move again. "I'm sorry."

   "For what?"

   "For being a scaredy cat."

   "You don't have to apologize. Why didn't you say that you were scared of heights? We didn't have to go this high up if I had known."

   "I didn't want to spoil everyone's fun and I thought I got over my fear of heights. I guess I was wrong."

   "Don't look sad. Say, why don't we get some hot cocoa when we get down?"

   "I'd really love that! Thanks."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the extremely late update. I lost my  story notebook late last year and I just found it today. It was hiding behind my piano books :P I was going to rewrite my story in a new notebook, but I got busy with school. Anyways, I'll try to update more since it's summer break and I have no life :P I hope you guys enjoy my story and have a great summer! :)