Worrisome Day

A Little Crush

   The next morning Kris picked you up early from your house to turn in the project. Kris handed the teacher the essay and the food. The teacher slowly chewed the meat and took a piece of cake. You held your hand and watched the teacher intently, but he showed no expression whatsoever making you worry. Kris sat on a desk and started tapping a beat, waiting for the result. Morning bell rang and the teacher told you that he would post the results up on the bulletin board by the end of next week.

   You walked half-heartedly to your science class and saw Chanyeol with his head down on his desk. A smile started to form on your face. You poked him several times on his side to see if he was awake, but all he did was turn his head and groan.  You stuck your tongue out. “Fine, be that way.”

   The teacher entered and the room became silent. She noticed Chanyeol sleeping and walked over to him. Everyone was anticipating on what she was about to do. *Oh no! Chanyeol wake up! Wake up! She’s coming!* You screamed loudly in your head. She stopped beside Chanyeol and took a firm hold of the empty desk in front of him. *You’re a dead man if you don’t wake up now Chanyeol.* The teacher suddenly banged the empty desk against his desk and he quickly shot up in the air. At first it was silent, but the room quickly filled with tons of laughter. You face-palmed yourself and shook your head. *I told you, but you wouldn’t listen.*

   “Mr. Park, this is not a place of sleeping. This is a place of learning.” The teacher scolded. “If you want to sleep I will gladly send you to the principal’s office and they can send you home.”

   Chanyeol shook his head and apologized. He sat back down and gave you the why-didn’t -you-wake-me-up look.  “Don’t look at me like that. I tried to wake you up.” Raising your arms in defense. The teacher handed back the test that you took last week and you were very happy with the grade you received.

   “So, what did you and Kris get on your project?” Chanyeol asked.

   “Well we don’t know yet. Our teacher said he’s going to post it by the end of next week.”

   “I bet it’s going to be a good grade. The ribs were really good and the cake looked good also.” He assured. “Too bad I didn’t get to taste the cake though.”

   “I’ll make you another one someday.” You gave him a thumbs up.

   Class ended and Chanyeol and you headed to the school courtyard to meet up with the others. You noticed that everyone was present except for Xiumin, who was nowhere to be found. Luhan said that he has a high fever and probably won’t be back for a few days. You were a little worried, but Sulhae assured that he would be alright.  

---

   The day ended and you headed home. You couldn’t stop thinking whether Xiumin was feeling better or not. *Maybe I’ll visit him later.* You went to the store and bought noodles, chicken, bread, ice cream, and milk. You ate ice cream first and started making chicken noodle soup. While the soup was cooking you took out your math homework and laid it out on your desk for later.

   The soup finished cooking and you transferred it to a spill-proof container. Before reaching Xiumin’s house, you stopped by at a nearby bakery and bought a few pork and chicken steamed buns. *I think he’ll really like this.*