Nothing Is What It Seems

A Little Crush

   It has finally come! The school talent show is today. Everyone was excited, especially Baekhyun. All 12 of them have been working really hard and now they can show everyone their hard work. Since today is the talent show, students don't have to go to class. The talent show takes up most of school time due to the many participants and the school decided that it would be pointless to teach for only a few hours.

   All of the participants were getting ready in the vacant classrooms, while the rest of the students were assembling themselves in the auditorium. You didn't notice it until now that the school gained more students this year. The auditorium was packed and there's more participants this year than the previous years. You, Soohae, and Jiyoung picked a seat near the stage and waited for the talent show to start.

   As you were waiting, your phone vibrated. It was a text from Chanyeol.

   "Hey Soohae! Do you have Kai's phone? The music is in his phone and only he has it." -Chanyeol

   You were confused for a second, then you remembered that Kai told you to hold it for him. You totally forgot to give it back. You replied to Chanyeol as you walked to the classroom they were in. When you opened the classroom door no one was there. *Did they leave already?!* As you stared into the empty room, you received another text from Chanyeol.

   "I forgot to tell you. We changed rooms. We're in Room 3-B. We're counting on you Soohae!^^" -Chanyeol

   After closing the classroom door, you started running to Room 3-B. *Why did it have to be on the 3rd floor!* The hallway was quiet. The only sound that could be heard were your own footsteps. Finally, you arrived at the stairway. When you got to the second floor you were exhausted. *Just a few more steps. Just a few more.* At last you reached the 3rd floor. You never realized how big your school actually was until you now. You've never beed on the third floor before and you didn't know where to go. You started running again and you turned to go left. You were running so fast, you didn't notice that there was a person in front of you and you ended up running into him.

   "Ow!" You mumbled as you rubbed your .

   "Are you okay?" A familiar voice asked.

   "Yes. Sorry for bumping into you." You looked up and it was Suho. He held his hand out and when you took his hand, your heart started to race. *Of all people why did I have to run into you...*

   "Your cheeks are pink." Suho pointed out. "Are you sick?"

   "N..no." You let go of his hand. "Oh and can you give this to Kai." You handed him Kai's phone and you started running down the stairwell.

   "Wait! Soo.....hae."

   When you got to the first floor, you stopped running and sat down on the first step. You thought about what just happened. You knew that you had to stop liking Suho, but you just couldn't. And his sweet gestures just make you like him more and more. "Why did I have to like you of all people!" You said to yourself.

   "Like who?" A voice suddenly asked and Jiyoung appeared in front of you.

   You stood up in surprise. "Jiyoung! What are you doing here? I thought you were in the auditorium with Sulhae?"

   "You were taking a long time, so I came to check if everything was alright." She paused. "So, who's this guy you like, the one who apparently has your heart?"

   "What are you talking about?" Jiyoung seemed different from her  normal self.

   "Oh don't give me that. You know exactly what I'm talking about." It's Suho, isn't it?" Your eyes widened. Jiyoung smirked. "You're probably wondering how I know, right? It wasn't that hard to figure out especially when you cry about it." *Is she talking about the first time we met?* You thought. "I noticed your change of reaction when I told everyone at Kai's house that I was going out with Suho and I also notice the way you've been acting towards me. Next time, try hiding your feeling better." She stepped closer to you with a stern face. "You had better watch out from now on and if you get too close to Suho, you're going to regret it. This is your first and last warning." She stepped back and walked away.

   Unable to grasp what just happened, you just stood there. Jiyoung's voice echoed in your head, "if you get too close to Suho, you're going to regret it." You shook your head and walked back to the auditorium. You sat in your seat next to Jiyoung and she acted as if nothing had happened. She smiled and greeted you, just as Sulhae did. You also greeted Jiyoung in the same manner. *So this is your true self...*

   The talent show was starting. The lights became dim and the auditorium became silent. The principal and administrators opened the talent show with a skit. It was surprisingly entertaining, unlike the previous years. When they finished, they introduced the first participant. Five guys in similar outfits came to the center of the stage. One of them took the microphone and introduced himself.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this chapter wasn't too boring and sorry it took so long for me to update! Also, happy belated birthday to Lay!^^ (131007 KST)