Frosting on the Cake

A Little Crush

  While you were eating you heard a slightly loud burp. You looked up and stared at Chanyeol.

   “Oops. Sorry. Soda makes me burp.” He smiled shyly and munched on his sandwich.

   “We should start on the cake after we eat.” You told Kris.

   “Okay, but I’m mixing the batter.”

   After eating, Sulhae and Chanyeol returned to the comfort of your couch and watched T.V. Kris started making the cake batter and you grabbed the cake pans from the cupboard and greased it. He poured the batter into the pans and put it in the preheated oven.

   “Hey Sulhae, can you help Kris and I clean up?” You yelled from the kitchen.

   “Yeah sure.” She put her hand on Chanyeol’s leg signaling him to help.

   Kris washed the dishes, while Sulhae dried them and put them in the cupboard. You handed Chanyeol a clean rag and he wiped the counter-top. You grabbed a broom and a dust pan and swept the floor from all the flour and cocoa powder.

   “Hey Chanyeol” You whispered in his ear. “Can I ask you something?”

   “Yeah sure. Ask away.” He whispered back.

   “Do you like Sulhae by any chance? You two do hang out a lot.”

   “Me? Er no. We’re just friends.” He denied. *I like her a little, but I can’t tell her.*

   “Okay. I just thought you did.” You smiled and continued sweeping the floor.

   It didn’t take terribly long to clean the kitchen. When everything was cleaned, Kris checked the cake, while you, Chanyeol, and Sulhae flopped down on the couch and rested your eyes.

   “Cake is almost done. Just 5 more minutes.” Kris hollered.

---

   The annoying beeping sound that the oven made woke you up. You took out the chocolate cake and the sweet smelling aroma filled the room. You didn’t notice that Chanyeol stood behind you and he was about to take a tiny piece, but you slapped his hand away. He complained and walked back to the living room with his shoulders sagging.

   You let the cake cool down on the counter-top. After a while, you came back and patted the cake to see if it was cool and ready to frost. Kris grabbed two containers of vanilla frosting and opened it. You started frosting, but it wasn’t going well and Kris started to laugh at you.

   “You’re doing it wrong.” He giggled and walked towards you. “Here let me help.”

   Kris stood behind you wrapping his arms around yours and guided your hand. You could feel that you were starting to blush terribly and titled your head downwards, so he wouldn’t see. You tried to hold in your smile, but couldn’t.

   “There, now we can decorate.” He spoke with a low voice. He released you from his grasp and grabbed some freshly cut fruit from the fridge.

You arranged the fruit on the edge, around the cake. After decorating the cake, you still had some fruit leftover and popped them in Kris’ mouth and yours. A short while after, another annoying beeping noise filled the house. The ribs came out nice and tender. You cut a small portion for the four of you to try.

   “This taste really yummy!” Sulhae complimented.

   “Thanks.” You gave Kris a high-five. “ I hope we get a good grade on it.”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to SHINee's Taemin!!

I feel weird sharing the same birthday as him, but also really happy!!^^