Hero

A Little Crush

   Both of their parents exchanged looks and nodded at each other. "Since both of you are clearly happy with your current relationships, we will postpone the wedding."

   When the decision was made, Kai walked you out to the garden, where it's private, and sat down on one of the benches. "It's alright. Just let it out Soohae." Kai rubbed your back and you rested your head on his shoulders. You cried until no tears would come out. "Sorry for putting you through all that. I didn't know that it was going to turn out that way." He apologized.

   "It's alright." You replied softly. "I knew that I like Suho, but I didn't realize that I like him a lot."

    "Love works in mysterious ways."

   You laughed. "Since when have you been such a softie? By the way thanks for having my back. I really appreciate it."

   Kai looked up at the starry night sky. "That should be my line. If it weren't for you I would be marrying some stranger." You lifted your head and looked at Kai. "I really appreciate what you did for me!" Kai looked at you and gave you a sweet smile. "I'm hungry. Let's get something to eat."

   Instead of going back to the party, Kai wanted to get fast food. After eating Kai told the chauffeur to drive to your house. You were tired from all the crying and ended up falling asleep on Kai's shoulder. Kai texted Sulhae to wait for them at the front door and when the car arrived Sulhae was in the front. Not wanting to wake you up, Kai carried you to your room.

   "So, how'd it go?" Sulhae asked Kai.

   "Could of been better." Kai replied. "I'll be leaving then. See you tomorrow. You too Chanyeol."

---

   You woke up still wearing the dress, but you couldn't remember how you got to your house, let alone your room. Your eyes were a bit puffy and your hair was a mess. You took a shower and changed into day clothes. When you walked into the living room you saw Sulhae and Chanyeol sleeping on your couch. You didn't want to bother them so you decided to go grocery shopping.

   When you came out from the store you noticed two drunk men following behind.

   "Hey sweet stuff. Whatcha have there?" One of the called out, but you just ignored it.

   "Hey! My friend was talking to you." The other called out, but you still didn't pay attention to them. "Did you hear me? Don't you know it's rude to not respond when someone is talking to you!" He cut you off and you were forced to go into the alley. One of them snatched your groceries and the other pinned you to the wall.

   You struggled to get free from his grasp. "Let me go! Help!" The drunk men started to laugh. "Help!! Somebody!"

   "That won't help." Said the guy who had you pinned to the wall. "I just want one smooch. Come on." His lips were puckered and his eyes were closed. You didn't something you wish you hadn't, spit at his face. He opened his eyes and he was furious. He threw you on the ground and he was about to hit you. You shut your eyes tightly waiting to get hit, but nothing happened. All you heard was the men getting punched.

   When you opened your eyes, you saw Kris standing in front of you with a cut lip. "Are you alright Soohae?" Kris waved his hand in front of your face. "Soohae?"

   "Oh.. yeah. I'm alright. Thank you." You noticed the cut on his lip and your finer automatically traced it. "Are you alright?"

   "This? Yeah. I'll be alright. It's just a cut, no big deal. Come on, I'll walk you home."

   When you arrived home Chanyeol and Sulhae were awake and they made breakfast. There was nothing to do so the four of you went to the movies and the mall. By the time you got home it was already night and you had school tomorrow. You didn't feel like going since Suho would be there and you didn't want to interact with him.

(Morning)

   "Did you guys hear?" Tao asked everyone in the group.

   "Hear what?" All twelve of you asked. Suho wasn't at school yet and you were relieved and sad.

   "I heard that there's going to be a new student attending our school starting today."