A Familiar Face

A Little Crush

   "Is it going to be a guy or a girl?" Chen asked.

   Tao thought for a moment. "If I remember correctly, it's a girl. I also overheard the administrators talking and I believe they said she was from Busan."

   "How do you know all of this?" Lay questioned.

   "I'm a ninja! It's what I do best!" Tao grinned and gave Lay a thumbs up. Lay rolled his eyes at Tao.

   A moment later Suho came and he had a girl with him. You and Kai immediately noticed who the girl was. She was the same girl Kai was supoosed to marry. Suho introduced her to everyone and all of you greeted her. She noticed you and Kai and she gave the both of you a sweet smile. You gave her a forceful smile and you stayed silent the rest of the time.

   Chanyeol asked what was bothering you when you both walked to class. Since he was one of your best friends, you told him everything. From when you started liking Suho to now. He was pretty much caught up. "I had no idea you like Suho."

   "Actually, I wasn't sure myself until a few months ago." You admitted. "Ugh! I hate this feeling! Why did it have to be him!" Chanyeol patted shoulder.

   Lunch time came and it was worse than morning. Suho and Jiyoung sat next to each other and held each others hand while they ate. Everyone else was laughing at something, you didn't really pay attention. Then Suho and Jiyoung joined in and everyone except you was having a great time. You felt like a third wheel, in this case the 15th wheel. You got up and went to the school rooftop. It was peaceful and quiet up there and that's what you wanted.

---

   Suho came to class and Jiyoung was nowhere to be seen. He sat next to you in his assigned seat. You tried to act normally, but you were too quiet and you're almost never quiet. "Hey Soohae." Suho greeted. You looked up and gave him a quick, forced smile then continued with your work. "What's wrong? Are you okay? You've been quiet all day." Suho sounded concerned. "Are you feeling sick?"

   *How would you know? You've been with Jiyoung all day.* You thought. "I'm fine just a little tired."

   "Are you sure?" You looked at him and nodded. "So what do you think of Jiyoung?"

   *Jiyoung here, Jiyoung there. I am sick of hearing Jiyoung.* "She's pretty and seems nice." You answered back.

   "Are you really alright Soohae? You're really quiet and you won't look at me in the eye when you're talking." Suho suddenly took your temperature with the back of his hand. "You feel warm."

   You took your temperature also and he was right. You were feeling warmer than usual. "This is nothing. It'll most likely be gone by tomorrow."

   "Take care of yourself okay?"

   After school you decided you wanted to take the bus home. The bus ride home was about twenty minutes, so you took out a book and read. After a while your head started to hurt and you felt nauseous. You exchanged the book for your iPod and the rest of the ride home you listened to music.

   When you got off the bus you felt worse. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday. As you were walking, you felt someone tap on your shoulder. When you turned around you saw Kris. Turns out he was on his way to his noona's house. "Hey, are you alright? You look pale." Kris pointed out.

   "Do I? I think I'm sick." You replied weakly. "I haven't eaten anything since yesterday and I didn't get  much sleep."

   "Do you want to get food then? My treat."

   "No, that's okay. I'll just eat at home. After all it's just around the cor-" Your legs suddenly became very weak and gave out on you. Luckily, Kris was there. Before you hit the ground, he caught you. It seems like everytime you need help he's there. Kris squatted in front of you and told you to get on his back. You tried to turn him down, but he insisted. You didn't want to be carried home, but you knew your legs were too weak and on top of that you have a huge headache. You got on his back and you felt tall. *So this is what it's like to be tall.* You smiled.