Press Conference

B.A.P's Stylist

Sunggyu was waiting in the van outside for you. You groggily got ready. Hwayoung was on the phone all night last night. You knocked on her door at times during the night, but it didn't work. She kept on talking loudly. You figured it was Jongup, so you left it. You were only half awake when you stepped into the car.

"Someone didn't get a good nights sleep." Sunggyu chuckled and passed you a take out box. "Here's breakfast, eat slowly. The press conference is all the way in Incheon. So you can relax." Sunggyu smiled and started driving.

You happily munched on the american styled breakfast. Sunggyu asked what you liked and didn't like so he wouldn't get something you'd hate. You appreciated it.

Maybe being a celebrity isn't all that bad.

After an hour, you and Sunggyu arrived at Incheon. "Okay the clothes are at the back of the car. We don't have a stylist for you because the company thought it'd be better if you did your own make-up for now. For now only, until we find a better one. Is that alright?" Sunggyu asked, worridly. You nodded and grinned.

"So the drama's plot will be explained to you later on after the press conference. This press conference is only to introduce the actors and actresses. You and EXO will be the only ones there, plus the director and writer but that's it. Behave Jinae!" Sunggyu instructed you. You pouted, "You're treating me like a kid."

Sunggyu ruffled your hair. "Because you are a kid."

You huffed and crossed you arms, but smiled.

The clothes Sunggyu provided for you was a simple blue chiffon dress with a white collar.

This was your first appearance as an actress. You had to look sophisticated. That was what the company was going for. Your image wasn't going to be a cute or a pretty actress. They aimed for a mature but young image.

You smiled at yourself. The dress flattered your figure. You opened the door to the car and stepped out. Sunggyu was waiting outside making sure no one was peeking.

"Oppa, I'm done." 

He led you in the bulding. The press conference took place in a nice well lit room. The director was there as well as EXO. You bowed immediately after seeing them. The director stood up and greeted you.

"Annyeonghaseyo director-nim." You bowed again. He grinned and patted your back. "Yes yes, I'm so glad you accepted the offer! Here let me introduce you to EXO. You will be working with them." The director gestured EXO to come.

"We are ONE! Annyeonghaseyo, we are EXO!" All 12 of them bowed together. You giggled at their synchronization. Chanyeol was the first to notice you.

"It's her! BAP's stylist!" Chanyeol pointed at you again. Kris groaned and pulled his arm down. "Stop pointing!" Kris whispered harshly. You smiled at the reenactment.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jinae." You bowed. Lay held out his hand. "I'm Lay, the male lead along with Kris here." 

A tall model like man strode out of formation. It was the same person that scolded Chanyeol. "Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Kris." He smiled. You bowed again.

The director stood beside you now. "Okay, so the press conference will start in an hour. All you have to do is appear and look good." He nodded and crossed his arms.

"The 12 of you aren't all going to be there, since only Kris, Lay, and Baekhyun are mostly the main characters, the rest of you can just watch from the back then appear for pictures alright?"

EXO slowly nodded, some disappointed that they don't get to do anything.

After the intructions, you and Lay sat down to talk.

"Do you know anything about the drama?" He asked you while fixing his hair. You shook your head. "I just took the job yesterday actually."

Lay gaped at you. "What!? We're shooting tomorrow though!"

You shrugged. "The director didn't tell me any details. He said not to worry." You glanced down at your shoes. A rookie actress like you taking on a lead role is already a surprise. You were worried that you'd let people down.

Lay laughed unexpectedly, amused. "It's fine, as long as the director believes in you right?"

"I just hope I don't let anyone down." You added. Lay smiled warmly at you, showing his one dimple again.

"You're not going to let anyone down, you have talent! If you didn't, the director wouldn't recruit a newbie like you right?" Lay ruffled your hair and stood up. "It's time for the conference. Jia you!" (A/N: I'm sure you guys know what that means by now. ^_^ It's kind of like 'fighting' but in Mandarin.)

You looked at Lay, perplexed. Lay chuckled. "It means hwaiting." He raised his arm and did the sign.

You giggled. "Hwaiting!"

--

The press conference seemed like forever. Everywhere you looked, there was a camera flashing at you or someone filming you. You were concerned about how everyone would look at you.

Lay lightly squeezed your hand and smiled at you. The nervousness was gone.

The rest of EXO appeared after a few questions for the director. They were experienced so they didn't look nevous at all. All of them grinned and beamed at the camera, some of the boys were even waving.

It was time for questions for the actors and actresses. You took a deep breath, ready for anything that came your way.

"Jinae-ssi, am I right? You were a stylist for B.A.P?" One cameraman asked. You nodded and smiled.

"Yes, I was."

"What made you decide to debut as an actress?" He asked with a pen and notebook in hand ready to jot down notes.

You paused. Nothing made you decide. You felt it was right, a good opportunity so you went for it.

"Nothing." You simply answered.

He raised an eyebrow. "Anyone?"

You smiled. "No one."

Now he was agitated. "So you just decided to become an actress just like that?"

You nodded. "It's a chance of a lifetime right? So take it." At the side, the director and the rest of EXO looked amused at your answer. Usually the answers rookies provided would be deep and full with meaning. You were different.

Sunggyu chuckled and shook his head.

Another reporter raised her hand. "Hi, I'm from News Weekly. Could you tell us how it was to act in Hello Baby and be with B.A.P?" 

"It was hard, honestly. Being on screen just as a stylist was nervewracking. There was no script for me either, only for the boys. It was surprising when they chose me to be the 'umma'. But I think it was a great experience for me. It also got to where I am now." You looked down at yourself then back up. "An actress."

The reported fancied your answer. "And being with B.A.P?"

"Hm. The boys are hard to work with as well. At first I wasn't really accepted as their stylist, they pushed me away. It wasn't easy getting close to them. I was really grateful to be their stylist and cherished every moment of it." You beamed at the group of reporters. Instantly, flashes from cameras starting blinking at you. For a moment, you couldn't see anything. Suddenly, the lights darkened. Lay was holding a piece of paper in front of you, blocking the flashes for you.

"Sorry, Jinae-ssi isn't use to camera flashes just yet. Please tone it down." Lay smiled appreciatively at the audience.

"Do you and Jinae-ssi have a relationship?" Someone blurted out.

Lay stared at them. "Of course not! We met officially today."

The group groaned in disappointment.

"Okay! That's it for today, thank you for coming out here today. We will start shooting tomorrow, write nice things about us! Thank you!" The director lightheartedly said and hustled you and EXO out.

Once you stepped out of the room your heart lightened. A ton of pressure just lifted off your shoulders. Lay patted your back.

"You did well. I never saw someone talk so professionally." He smiled and walked away. You held you chest, still taking in what you just went through.

Sunggyu held out a bottle of water.

You accepted it and started gulping  down the whole bottle.

"Thanks oppa." You wiped the corners of your mouth.

"No problem."

You sat down, suddenly feeling hungry. "What's for lunch?" You beamed up at him, excited to eat yummy food.

"Tofu, broccoli and chicken ." He answered calmly. You gaped at him.

"THAT'S IT?!"

Sunggyu stepped back with a perplexed face. He then slowly nodded. "Starting today you have to watch your diet. You're starting to get a little chubby I see."

He looked down at your hips then thighs.

Your mouth hung wide open. You couldn't eat anymore junk food, no more street food you loved so much, no more rice. Slowly you realized reality, being a celebrity would be hard.

You pouted in disappointment and sighed. "Can't I just have a cookie?" You whined and tugged on Sunggyu's shirt. He shook his head sternly.

"No. That has tons of sugar in it! You know what it can make your thighs into?!" He scolded. You groaned and sulked all the way to the car.

"Now let's read the script. That's your job for today." He happily pulled out your script and looked it over. "Doesn't seem that hard right?" He handed it to you but you were too dazed.

No chips? No kimbap? No dukbokki? No nothing!  You thought to yourself. For the rest of the day you tried to work hard but the thought of no junk food just made you depressed.

"YAH! FOCUS JINAE!" Sunggyu blew up. "I'll get you a cookie if you can memorize this whole scene okay?"

Your face abruptly brightened. "Really oppa? A cookie?" 

He nodded, immediately regretting what he said.

"I'LL DO MY BEST!"

 

--

Sorry for the misunderstanding! I just needed a poster fast, I'm still going to update this story of course. It's finally interesting and has a plot to it right? ^_^ I will never just abandon this story. Actually... Don't take my word for it. :$

B.A.P didn't appear in this chapter, instead it was EXO! But EXO will only be appearing for a short period of time. Then it's back to B.A.P. Don't worry!

NOW.. it's time to watch my TVB dramas. I will see you guys in the next chapter!