Sehun, Kai, and the Strawberry Key Chain

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing: ^^

Vanilla448

sulliviera

KYUisKYUT

Triple-Key

cherry_crush

bluerose30

juicy_evil

azncutiexbabyx

KPOP_lover_girl76

lovey_asian


 

I quickly flung my head and suddenly had been face to face with a flying fairy.

Having a good reflex, I automatically took my tennis racket on the side of the table and swung it hard towards that thing. It widened its eyes in shock, and disappeared into thin air before my racket could even touch it.

I put down the racket. My heart was still beating hard. What was it? Because surely it was not a flying fairy. Fairy doesn’t exist. Only boys and kids would believe in such things.

It must be a butterfly. A unique one. Or maybe an oversized dragonfly. Now that makes sense. That’s why I got the feeling that the thing widened its eyes on me. Because dragonflies really do have wide eyes. Perfect.

This day is killing me.

First the Dongho kid, and then the coffee, and then the voice, and then Hyoyeon’s preach, and then a strange dragonfly barged into my room. What else next?

I checked my wallet and then smiled satisfiedly. I have been very stingy this month so I got quite significant spare money on me now. Maybe I need to buy something to brighten up this not-so-good-day.

_____

 

I swung my plastic shopping bag happily. Some chocolate sticks, some snacks, chocolate ice cream, should I rent a movie then?

A horror movie would be perfect. I want to re-watch Ju-On.

Determined, I made a light steps toward the DVD rental across the street. When I was about to enter it, two quarreling figures were exiting the door. One of them bumped into me, and made me almost lost my balance.

I glanced up, glaring. What’s up with today? Do I look like a good target to bump into?

“Watch it!” I shouted angrily. They stopped quarreling and fixed their gaze at me.

“Oh! Coffee girl!” one of them shouted happily when he recognized me. I frowned, also recognized him. That was what I meant with list number 3: brainless.  No sorry or anything and he just shouted coffee girl on me. I have a name, for your information. If you don’t know my name, then don’t address me with anything at all.

“Sorry.” the quiet guy beside him said without looking at me. Now that’s slightly better.

“It’s okay.” I grumbled, and then started to walk into the rental shop when the flirty one stopped me.

“Hey, can you do us a favor? We’re searching for a strawberry key chain. I borrowed it from him but ended up dropping it. If you found it inside can you give it to us? It’s important for him.” he said. His friend threw him an unpleasant look.

“Shut up, Kai.” he told the guy sulkily. I couldn’t hide my smile.

“You got strawberry key chain?” I asked him, amused. The guy named Kai answered it for him instead.

“No. It’s not his. It’s his secret crush’s. He’s been keeping it for two years, so it’s really important. Please, look for it. We’ll still be around here for a while to search.” he winked at me before getting dragged by his friend. I shrugged and walked inside.

“Do you have Ju-On?” I asked the worker. He nodded nicely and directed me towards the back section of the rental store.

I traced my fingers on the rows of horror movies and immediately found Ju-On. At the last second, I took Shutter too to freshen up my memory of that awesome horror movie, and was about to give the DVDs to the counter when I kicked something.

A strawberry key chain.

Smiling, I picked it up and examined it. It was pretty. The color was bright red and it was made of glass, giving a slightly transparent feel.

And that key chain looked strangely familiar.

I examined it carefully, but then shrugged it off. There were thousands of that kind of key chain around. No wonder I would feel like seeing that thing before.

It was here all the time and they didn’t able to find it. Boys, really.

Without meaning to, my gaze caught the sign on the rack. It was the adult movies section.

Figured. List number 2: erted. No wonder he lost the key chain. He was too occupied with his, uh, movies.

After paying for the DVDs, I searched for those two guys. They were across the road, looking carefully down as they walked.

“Hey, is this yours?” I shouted, and they both gazed at me. The guy named Kai immediately ran to me with a lit up face while his friend followed behind with an unreadable expression.

“Yeah, it is. Where did you found it?” Kai beamed when I handed the key chain to him.

“The adult section.” I answered flatly. Kai smirked, didn’t look embarrassed at all.

“Here, Sehun. I won’t borrow it again. Keep it safe.” he said while giving the key chain to his friend. Then, he shifted his gaze back on me.

“Thank you. He was really mad at me when he knew I lost it.” Kai told me, rolling his eyes. “If he got that much of energy to be mad at me, you would think he got some courage to give it back to the girl. But no, he kept it for two years.” he said teasingly, earning a glare from Sehun.

“You sure talk too much.” he growled. Kai just smirked at him.

“Anyway, thank you! See you later, coffee girl.” he said to me, and then walked away, motioning his friend to follow. I was tempted to shout to him that I got a name. But, no. It would just lead to him asking my name, and I don't need that. Besides, I didn't intend to meet him again.

I shifted my gaze away from Kai and found his friend was still standing in front of me, looking slightly confused. Awkward. Should I say something to him now?

“It’s pretty. I would want it back if I was the girl.” I said nicely, encouraging him. He gazed up at me, and gave me a weird expression.

Okay, got it. I talked too much. Just trying to be nice there. Geez.

“Well, then. Bye.” I turned around, but the guy grabbed my hand, and put something in it.

I gazed to my hand, startled. It was the key chain.

“You keep it then. It’s yours.” he said with a low voice, and without waiting for my reaction, went to catch on with Kai.

 


 

Thank you for reading.

Your feedback would be much appreciated. ^^