Farewell, Hoya

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing:

NeoNarang


 

“Jihoon, you like Hyoyeon, don’t you?” he asked me with cold tone, his eyes scarily pierced into mine. I raised my brows higher. What is this? Is he turning to Hyoyeon from me?

“Very much. But if you like her too-” I tried to answer but never managed to finish my words because right after I said that, Sehun swung his fist and crushed me onto the floor.

_____

 

I froze on the floor, pressing my right hand to my aching cheek. My eyes widened in shock in the sight of Sehun, still looking at me with angry eyes, and Kai, trying to hold Sehun back.

This isn’t happening.

He didn’t just do it. Somebody tell me he didn’t.

Did my chosen guy just punch me right in the face?

“What did you just do, Sehun? Are you crazy?” Kai barked angrily at his friend, trying to grab Sehun when it seemed like he was going to approach me again. But even before Sehun could say anything or Kai able to hold him back, someone grabbed him first and the next second, Sehun was already on the floor; his lips bled.

My mouth hung opened at the sight of Hoya, standing in front of me as if he was trying to protect me. He looked down on Sehun who was in the floor and grabbed his shirt to raise him up. Sehun got up, wiping his bleeding lips, but not for so long as Hoya swung another punch and Sehun hit the wall with a loud sound.

“Hey!” Kai shouted angrily, trying to get between Hoya and Sehun, but Hoya was too strong for him. He shoved Kai away and tried to reach to Sehun again. The latter glared, ready to get it on with Hoya. Both of them stood there, face to face, fists raised high in threatening manner.

“Jihoon, help me here!” Kai shouted desperately, and that was when I got my sense back. I quickly got up, ignoring the pain on my cheek and quickly walked to them.

“Both of you, stop it. Please stop, Hoya.” I begged, focusing my eyes to him. Hoya glanced at me and hesitantly put his fist down but Sehun just shoved me away, and it did it.

Hoya growled and pushed Sehun to the ground, swinging a handful fist, and another. Me and Kai tried desperately to separate them while they battled it up. The ructions caught the students’ ears and soon the people were crowded there, watching. Suho, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol broke through the crowd in panic and teamed up with me and Kai to stop the fight. In the end, me, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol stood in one side, clutching tight to Hoya who panted hard, staring dangerously at Sehun. Sehun was held by Kai and Suho. Baekhyun stood in the middle, preventing them to get into each other again.

A teacher came with one of the student. He took one glance to the commotion, Sehun’s bleeding lips and Hoya’s fierce expression, and then shook his head.

“Lee Howon, Oh Sehun. Principal office, now.”

_____

 

“What would happen to them now?” I asked Kai, standing with the five anxious boys, waiting for the two of them to exit the principal office. Suho, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol were standing near the door, trying to eavesdrop, while me and Kai leaned on the wall beside the door. Kai shook his head bitterly.

“I’m pretty sure Sehun would be fine. He always has been a model student before this incident. As for Hoya, I don’t know. His record is not that good either.” he replied. I sighed hearing that. If anything bad happened to Hoya that would be my fault.

“Why would Sehun punch me anyway?” I asked him again sulkily. If he didn’t hit me, Hoya wouldn’t be in this situation. Not that I favor him that much, but he was trying to protect me. Kai made a bitter smile, throwing his eyes to the other four boys who stood really close to the door, trying desperately to hear what was happening inside.

“Now let me ask you.” Kai took his back off the wall, suddenly staring seriously at me. “What would Sehun’s crush do in your room at two in the morning?” he demanded. I stared back at him, confused. Did he saw?

“What do you mean?” I frowned, pretending to be oblivious. Kai sighed, leaning again on the wall beside me.

“Sehun’s crush.” he said again with a heavy tone. “The one they said looking like you. We- I mean, me, Sehun, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun, saw her entering your room last night. Sehun was raging. He thought you were playing with that girl since you repeatedly said before that you liked Hyoyeon.” explained Kai. I gaped in shock hearing it. Is that what made him angry?

“It doesn’t give him the right to hit me, by the way.” I said, starting to get more irritated, if it even possible. I mean, I got hit because of a silly misunderstanding. I got every right to be sulky, okay?

“I know, I didn’t say Sehun was right. He was being stubborn, we all know that.” Kai sighed. “But please try to understand his perspective. You said it yourself that you liked Hyoyeon. But he saw his two years crush, a girl,  entered your room at night. What do you think would he think about it? He thought you were playing with her only to get a one night stand. I would be mad too if I was him.” he shook his head. “But of course, still doesn’t give him a right to hit you.” Kai quickly added when I showed every hint to object to his explanation.

“But honestly speaking, was Sehun right? Did you really do it with her?” he whispered scandalously. I gave him a disgusted look. Wow, to be asked something like that by the likes of Kai, I feel extremely insulted.

“Are you and idiot?” I glared. Kai shrugged, ignoring my anger.

“Well, what else would you do with a girl, in a closed room, at night?” he challenge.

Does this guy really not have any other thing in mind other than erted stuffs?

“Then you all are idiot.” I slandered angrily. “And that includes the both of you two, and of course the punching kid inside.” I shot a look to both Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Both of them threw me a shocked look by my sudden anger towards them.

“What did we do?” they protested in unison.

“If only any of you had the brain to know that there was Hoya too last night, this morning incident wouldn’t happen.” I grumbled.

“Well, don’t blame us.” Chanyeol mumbled. “I heard he was never in the dorm. So I assumed he wouldn’t be in the dorm especially at night after the party.”

“And it still doesn’t explain why would she enter your room at that hour!” accused Baekhyun.

I laughed sarcastically. Guys are seriously dumb, don’t they?

“She is Hoya’s cousin.” I explained with a triumphant smile. “She just came to visit her cousin, not me. And if only you would stay long enough outside my door, you would know that Hoya took her home not long after that.” I lied smoothly. Well, that was half true anyway. I really am Hoya’s cousin. “And how the hell would I know that she was Sehun’s crush? It’s not like Sehun ever told me.” I continued again, back to the grumbling mode.

The four guys who were listening to me diligently now stood there, dumbfounded by the ‘truth’.

“So she is Hoya’s cousin?” Kyungsoo asked with his signature widened eyes. I shifted my eyes to him lazily.

“Yeah.” I mumbled.

“I feel bad for Sehun. He just fought with the cousin of his big crush. Thing will be rough for him from now on.” Suho sighed sympathetically.

“I know, right? It’s not like he had any hope with the girl, now he also punched his cousin.” Baekhyun butted in, shaking his head.

“By the way, do you remember that girl? He was the one at the coffee shop, right? You spilled the coffee on her, Kyungsoo, remember?” Chanyeol suddenly said.

“I would never guess that it was the girl. He didn’t show at all that she was the one he always liked. Imagine how bad I feel now, I even made fun about his crush in front of that girl one day.” Kai frowned, reminiscing about his fault to his friend.

“Poor guy.” Kyungsoo concluded, followed by agreeing nods by his friends.

I stared at all of them in disbelief. Are they being serious right now? I have no pity at all to that guy at the moment to be brutally honest. My cheek is still sore like hell.

“Hello? I’m the one unjustly being punched when I’m actually innocent. No sympathy for me?” I protested.

“Come one, Jihoon. It’s just one punch.” Chanyeol laughed. I frowned at him. Was that supposed to calm me down? What did I say, guys are ferocious creatures. How about I punch you and see how you would react?

At that time, Sehun and Hoya came out from the room and all the boys automatically crowded around Sehun, excluding me who stared at Hoya with a worried expression.

“How is it?” I asked anxiously. Hoya made a lazy smile and started walking ahead of me towards our room. I threw a glance to Sehun’s crowd and notice that he was gazing at me. I slanted my eyes at him before throwing my gaze away and ran towards Hoya instead.

“Seriously, Hoya, how is it? Will you be punished?” I put my hand on his shoulder, trying to stop him. Hoya slowed up his pace and gave me an unreadable expression.

“W-what?” I asked nervously under his stare.

“I’m expelled.” he said finally and entered the room, leaving me standing there, extremely shocked.

“They can’t do that!” I shouted without thinking, entering the room after him. Hoya chuckled and got his bag, started to insert his things inside.

“Yes, they can. I made too many troubles before. I can tell that they couldn’t wait to get rid of me.” he replied calmly.

“What are you doing? You are going now?” I asked again after failing to find any answer to his last statement.

“Do you think I would wait before they ask my parents to pick me up here? No, I’d better tell them myself. I’m going home, Jihye.” he said, zipping his bag.

“But uncle will be really angry at you.” I whispered. Hoya made a sinister smile.

“Of course he will. He gets mad at a lot of things which doesn’t suit his expectations. But don’t worry. Disappointment will be a good therapy for him. And he won’t stay angry too long to his son.” he answered ignorantly.

“But how about you?” I asked with a low voice. Hoya really smiled this time.

“Me? My dad will find me a new good school in no time, guaranteed. He has the money for that. In fact,” he said, standing up and stared at me with a sudden serious expression.

“I’m more worried about you.” he admitted.

“Me? What about me?” I laughed awkwardly.

“Well, you will be alone with this bunch of guys. One of them just punched you. Stay away from him, understood?” he threatened fiercely.

“Wow, you actually care?” I tried to joke around. But to my surprise, Hoya didn’t ignore me. He didn’t even snap back like he usually did. Instead, he smiled warmly, a smile I’ve never seen in his face since a long time ago.

“Idiot,” he said, “I’ve always been care since a long time.” he replied shortly. He hesitated for a while before pulling me into an awkward hug.

“Take care, okay?” he whispered. A sudden memory struck me; a long time ago, at my Dad’s funeral.  My uncle refused to come, so I thought I would be alone. But Hoya has always been beside me since the beginning. He didn’t say much, but he stayed there, accompanying me through my hardest time.

Hoya quickly released me after a brief hug, snapping me out from the memory. “Would be a lot better if you are in your girl form.” he commented in an awkward laugh, walking towards the door. His hand was already on the door’s handle when I called him.

“I’m really sorry, Howon Oppa.” I said. Hoya glanced at me and I continued. “And thank you so much. For these days. And for that day in the funeral. I’ve never thanked you before.” I said sincerely. Hoya looked a bit surprised hearing that. Clearly, he didn’t expect to hear those words from me.

For a moment, we just stood in our place, feeling awkward with each other by the sudden burst of the rare honesty between us. Hoya stared at me with an unreadable expression again, looking as if in struggle to say something. I stood there, waiting; but in the end Hoya simply smiled.

“See you, Jihye.” he whispered and left the room, leaving me standing there, all alone again.