A Visit at Night

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you so much for subscribing:

iiBubbleTeaxD

meetha_k

blindedbydaylight

Exo_WeAreOne


 

“P-please leave me alone.” I stuttered with a cracked voice after a while. She pouted hearing that.

“Well, that was rude. I’m just curious on how a girl could be in a guy’s dorm, and-” she checked me up and down. A shiver automatically ran through my body by her stare. “-in a guy’s body.” she continued.

Despised my fear, she caught my attention.

“You knew?” I asked curiously, still maintaining a safe distance from her. She laughed that creepy laugh again. Oh, how I wish she would stop laughing.

“Of course I knew. I’ve been around for decades, you know. I could see you guys, anytime, anywhere, and you didn’t need to know.” her eyes twinkled red again, and I thought I was going to pee on the spot.

“If I tell you, would you please leave?” I asked hopefully.

“That’s up to me.” she shrugged. I noticed that her head looked weird when she did that. As if it was going to fall off.

Broken neck.

A bonus shiver ran down through my body again. I promise if I could make it alive I would search for my guy more seriously. I might even be nicer to Taemin if he acts nicer too. And that was a big if.

“But.” she continued with her creepy echoed voice. “I for sure wouldn’t leave if you don’t tell me.” she threatened with a relaxed manner.

What is it with my life? Why do I need to be surrounded by a bunch of bullies? Taemin, Kai, and now this- this creepy ghost.

I held my breath and started to tell her the whole story from my first encounter with Taemin until now, and the quest he gave me to find someone with mutual attraction with me.

The whole time, Ms.Ghost was listening to me seriously. And she freaking looked scary when she acted serious like that. I’m on my edge now.

“But it would be easy for you, right?” she commented, shrugging. Her head made the weird move as if it would fall off again. Please. Just. Stop. Shrugging.

“What do you mean?” I asked slowly, succeeding on not stuttering.

“Well, you got three guys here attracted to you.” she said matter-of-factly. I stared at her with pure surprise. Wow, three guys? I’m Miss Popular.

“Who are they?” I asked, interested. For a moment, all my fear left me, replaced by a full curiosity.

“It would be no fun telling you, isn’t it?” her eyes twinkled red again. “All I can tell you is that two of them like you for you, and one of them thought he does, but he actually doesn’t.” she made a creepy smile.

“Now I give you a new quest. Find that three guys, and makes it easier for you.” she winked, and looked like she was going to leave.

Despised my original will, I stopped her.

“May I know why you killed yourself?” I asked her. She stopped, and glanced at me slowly. It took me all my strength to not back away a few steps.

“I know the circulated rumor about it.” she said. “And it’s funny how the truth could be so different from the rumor.” For the first time, she looked really sad. If I wasn’t scared out of my wit I would approach her to give a little comfort.

“My boyfriend was the nicest guy one could find.” she began the story. “He loved me to death, literally. But I took her love for granted. I had been around, flirting with many guys, and in the end, slept with one.”

I was completely shut off by the story. And I could just watch as a transparent drop of water fell from her eyes.

“You know how guys are.” she smiled bitterly. “They brag. And this thing somehow caught his ear. My boyfriend was never a tough guy. He always doubted my love for him. Didn’t have the courage to confront me about the truth, he took the easiest way. He killed himself.” Another drop fell from her eyes. Unconsciously, I reached out to caress her shoulder, but my hand met empty air instead, emerging from her body.

“You’re very nice, but you can’t touch me.” she informed, wiping her tears with a faint smile.

“I’m really sorry.” I said with a low voice. She shook her head, motioning me to not feeling that way.

“And another false rumor.” she continued with a feigned cheerfulness. “I didn’t throw myself out the window. This is not blood.” she caressed her red dress. “He always loved to see me wearing something red, so I hung myself wearing his favorite dress of mine, attempting to follow him, right in this room.” she added with a mischievous grin. I automatically threw  my gaze around, attempting to search for any spot that she might had use to hang herself.

“I kidded.” she laughed, seeing my fear. “It’s not in this room. And it’s better for you to not know about it.” another twinkled red eyes.

I kept quiet, so she continued.

“You know what I really want you to know? You are really skeptical of guys, judging them, hating them, but what you should know is it’s not a guy’s nature. It’s human’s. Some are good. Some are bad. Girls could be a jerk too. You are seeing one right now.” she smiled, and started to fade. A moment later, I was staring into the empty room, without any sign of her.

_____

 

It has been one week after my encounter with Ms Ghost, and despised my original will, I started to see the guys in a more different way. I always had a good impression of Suho, but Chanyeol and Baekhyun in my point of view now was way different than it was before. They were childish and pranksters indeed, but they also always brighten up the mood and I could not dislike their presence once I get used to it. D.O or whom I prefer to call Kyungsoo, was a quite mature and nice guy. Kai, as hard as it was for me to say this, was a fun person and very friendly. Sehun was the best amongst them; at one look I saw him only as an ignorance and quiet guy, but once I hang out more with him I realized that he had his own way to be caring over his friends although he didn’t show it much.

I would love to know more about my own cousin after my brighter way of seeing guys but I still didn’t see him in my room and really rarely at class.

Never mind, it’s not like he is a boyfriend candidate. I shall care no more about him.

“Jihoon, it’s your turn!” Suho voiced suddenly rang and I was brought back from my thought.

“Oh, sorry.” I said, and quickly took out a card from Kai’s hand. Kai smirked triumphantly and I glanced at the card. The joker. Crap.

We were in the middle of a game card at Suho and Sehun’s room, where everyone was given the same amount of cards and we would keep taking the other’s card until there was one person left with the joker as the loser.

Kai narrowed his eyes on the two cards on my hand, as if he could see it transparently that way. I covered the card further, being paranoid. He took one breath and then took out my beautiful queen of diamond.

I groaned as Kai saw the card and combined it with his own queen card, cheering madly. The other guys laughed and the three first winner; Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Sehun approached me enthusiastically. Baekhyun had a very bright smile on his face; a bright red lipstick was on his hand.

“Can’t we just do other punishment?” I whined. Baekhyun shook his head firmly and put both of his hands on my cheeks, keeping my head from moving. I couldn’t help but flinch at the touch. I might have been able to see them in a brighter way, but that didn’t make me got used to their touch.

“We agreed.” he stated, keeping his hands on my cheeks despised my clear objection. A smirk emblazoned his face as he took out one hand from my cheek and used it to draw something around my eyes. The guys had a great laugh and I automatically moved to check myself up on the mirror until Kyungsoo grabbed my hand and flung me back.

“My turn, Jihoon.” he said; a rare mischievous expression was on his face. He kept a while doodling on my face until it was Sehun’s turn. He made a serious face, deciding on what to do with my face. After a while, I sensed a circular motion of the lipstick on my cheek. Sehun smiled satisfiedly and I snapped my hand off from Kyungsoo who hold it for Sehun, and went to the mirror.

Staring at me was the Jihoon guy; I mean, me; with glasses drawn with a lipstick around my eyes, a pair of perfectly identical moustache above my lips, and lastly the drawing on my cheek, made me look like a jigsaw doll with heavy moustache and silly glasses.

“Actually, that looks good on you, Jihoon!” Chanyeol said annoyingly. I shot him a glare. Did I say that I like their presence? I might have lost my mind completely. I was still busy giving Chanyeol a sulky look when someone suddenly blocked my view to him and then there was a bright light and a snap sound.

“Got it! Jihoon’s hilarious face.” Kai cheered, waving his handphone which he used to take my photo. I gave him a contempt look. Really? That was really funny for him? Boys. really. Meh.

“Should we have another round?” Suho suggested. I was ready to voice out my objection because it was like half hour to 10 p.m., but Kai beat me to it.

“Sorry. I have a date.” he grinned and bid us goodbye. Baekhyun laughed after Kai left the room.

“Really? Another girl already? Wow.” he shook his head.

“You are just jealous.” Chanyeol said, mocking him.

I stared at them, displeased. No one seemed to be disturbed by the fact that Kai had a different girlfriend like every end of the week. And Kai was just disgusting. The exact kind of guy I hated. I could totally see Dad’s future in him.

And I thought these guys were pretty decent.

“You might want to learn from him a little, Sehun, rather than sticking to your unnamed-strawberry-key-chain-girl.” Chanyeol added, teasing Sehun. The latter tried to keep his straight face although a faint blush of red had crept up onto his cheeks.

“And what is her name anyway?” Suho asked, interested.

“Come on. It’s been a while since you talked about her. And you don’t even have the keychain anymore.” Baekhyun butted in.

“Did you throw it away?” Kyungsoo asked, unnecessarily widening his eyes.

I glanced at the watch warily. As much as I wanted to stay and hear Sehun’s response, the clock was ticking and it was nearing 10 p.m. I got up, still feeling hesitated.

“Sorry, but I got to go.” I said. The guys bid me goodbye before shifting their attention back to Sehun. I threw a last glance at Sehun regretfully before leaving the room.

I practically ran to my room and then to the bathroom to wash my face which was still doodled by lipstick. Pretty soon it would be 10 p.m., and I ran back to my room with a still wet face. Three minutes before 10 p.m., I went inside the safety of my room successfully, heart still beating very fast because of the running. After calming my heart down a bit, I grabbed the towel and went to the mirror.

I stared at Jihoon on the mirror, reminiscing to the chat a while back. Sehun looked extremely shy. A nice feeling filled my heart. Does he still like me?
Trying to erase the quite idiotic smile I had on at the thought, I dried my face using the towel. When I did so, the weird sensation was felt in my body, alarming me that I was a girl again.

“Jihye?” a voice was heard from behind me and I swung my heard really hard to face the extremely shocked guy. We were just keep staring for a while, both were feeling really terrified. I saw his pale face and my biggest fear was just proven.

He saw me turning back into a girl, didn’t he?