First Date

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing:

miyako1747

shinyiuhan

4evaLocket

MariaAvellana

yumi_yeol

philyeol

areej13

baby_exotic

IAmAKPopLover


 

Another peaceful morning in that dorm. Taemin was acting like his usual self: nowhere to be found. Ever since Hoya left the room, the boys shamelessly started to intrude my room and came here whenever they feel like it just because they claimed I have larger space since I live there alone and far cleaner room so it would be cozier.

For why don’t they just clean their own rooms to make it more humane; I had no idea.

So this morning, the supposedly amazing Saturday morning when I supposed to leisurely have my heavenly alone time in my room, these guys suddenly had been there, laying around my room. I just got back to my room from bathing and found Kai laying on Hoya’s bed while reading something, Baekhyun on my bed, on my bed, screw him; and Suho, Kyungsoo, Sehun, and Chanyeol just scattered on the floor, doing whatever they were doing.

So now they don’t even bother to ask for permission, don’t they? They just simply barged into my room.

“Baekhyun, get off from my bed!” I shouted. First thing first. My bed shouldn’t have a guy’s smell on it. Ew.

“A few more minutes.” he muttered, rolling on my bed while hugging my bolster.

Ew. Ew. Double ew. No, triple. You, smelly creature, get off my bed. Now.

“No! Come down here this second!” I shouted again. Baekhyun got up lazily, grumbling, and then descended the stairs with messy hair. I welcomed him with bulging eyes and hands on my hips. He scratch the back of his head, making his hair looked even messier than before; his eyes only landed on me for a second with a lazy gaze before shifted to the bed Kai was laying on with hungry stare. Clearly, he didn’t see that I was extremely annoyed. Or he just simply didn’t care. Typical him.

“No one sleeps on my bed, understand?” I warned him before shifting my eyes to the other guys, silently warning them to do the same.

“What’s the big deal?” Chanyeol laughed. Now that I actually paid attention to him, I realized that he was actually making some paper planes and ships, just like what a kid would do. Great, an oversized creepy kid just laughed at something-not-funny I said. Don’t you dare laughing on me, idiot! Haven’t you ever heard something called personal space?

“My room, my rules. Don’t like it, get out.” I simply replied, hoping they would be offended and left my room right away. But of course they didn’t. Kai continued reading after chuckling at my remark. Baekhyun pushed Kai to the wall so that he could get enough space to lie beside him. Suho and Kyungsoo continued chatting after giving me a mere grin. Sehun lay on the floor, playing the cubic game, and Chanyeol was on the edge of the bed, bothering Baekhyun so that he would wake up; the papers with random shapes he just played with were left on the floor even though the trash-bin was just right beside them.

Good bye to my nice Saturday, I guess.

“Er, Jihoon.” Sehun suddenly had left his game and was looking at me hesitantly instead.

“What?” I asked, turning my attention to him. He got up from his position on the floor and sat with his legs crossed, completely facing my way. His hands both were on his laps, as if he was on some kind of formal occasion, except with the part of the crossed legs, of course.

“When will you get me to meet Park Jihye?” he demanded. The other boys started to make ugly wolf sounds. Really, I live in a zoo. Kai took his attention from the manga with erted grin. Even Chanyeol stopped bothering Baekhyun, because the latter had gotten up by himself, laying on one side with one hand supported his head while he was staring at the both of us, grinning.

“She can’t meet you before ten at night though. Will that be okay?” I asked carefully, preparing to answer endless question about how a girl could only meet at night. But unlike my expectation, Sehun just nodded without any contemplation at all.

“That’s fine with me.” he eagerly said.

“Sehun will go at any time she asked him.” Suho chuckled, teasing his friend.

“But after ten? I’m wondering what she had in mind.” Kai slyly commented, succeeding on making the others continuously teasing the poor Sehun. Sehun could only laugh shyly, his face burning red.

Seriously, Kai just couldn’t help to turn anything into something erted, could he?

“If the time is okay with you, then tonight is fine.” I raised my voice, trying to overcome the disgusting noises those guys made. Miraculously, Sehun managed to hear me and nodded again with a grateful smile.

“Thank you, Jihoon.” he beamed.

_____

 

“Thank you so much for agreeing to meet me, Jihye. I really appreciate it.” Sehun quickly said as soon as I sat down at the cake shop he chose for us. It was the same cake shop I first met him and also the place I had small talk with him as Jihoon. Considering that we met at such late hour, we really didn’t have many choices on how we got to spend time except for simple tea and cake.

I liked it better that way. We could get to know each other better compared than watching movies or going to amusement park. Cake is a much better choice.

And now we wouldn’t need to spend time with each other too long. I’m still really awkward with him, too be honest.

I arrived several minutes late from the appointed time as a girl should do (Hyoyeon told me that and I had no idea why a girl should look like they have a bad time management. But I’m sure Hyoyeon must has known better). Sehun had waited at a table, looking casual with a plaid shirt and blue jeans. He had ordered two slices of strawberry shortcakes and two cups of teas for us.

I looked down on the strawberry shortcake in front of me and my smile slowly faded.

“I ordered it for you because I thought you would like strawberry since you had strawberry keychain with you. You like it, right?” he asked with a hopeful look, probably expecting me to praise his initiative.

Actually, no. I don’t like strawberries. They’re plain sour for me. I only buy strawberry shaped stuffs simply because they are pretty.

But how could I tell him that now?

Sehun was still looking at me hopefully and I managed to force a tiny smile.

“Yes, thank you so much.” I said. Damn, that chocolate cake that girl eating looks really delicious. Why didn’t he order it for me?

“Hey, do you know that personality stuff? About when do you eat your strawberry on the shortcakes?” he randomly asked. I hesitantly took my gaze from the delicious looking chocolate cake to him when he continued. “Which type are you? Do you eat your strawberries first or after the shortcakes?”

Neither. I toss the strawberry aside and only eat the cake.

“I eat them later, I guess.” I said at last. Sehun smiled happily hearing my answer.

“Oh, we are the same type. I do that too. I like eating strawberries so much that I save them for later.” he said. Wow, never knew this guy could talk that much. But of course, that was only one hit miracle. After uttering that considerably long sentence for his standard, Sehun became rather quiet again. And that was when I realized my chance.

“So you really like strawberries?” I made sure. Sehun nodded, eating his cake slowly.

“I really like them.” Sehun repeated after swallowing a spoonful of cake. Right after hearing his answer, I took my strawberry and placed it on Sehun’s dish.

“It’s for you, then.” I said, pretending to be generous. Sehun looked really startled and quickly refused.

“No, no. Don’t you like strawberries too?” he said, panicking for no reason. Seriously Sehun, just do me a favor and accept that sour thing.

“It’s rude to reject it after I gave it to you, you know?” I said with a playful offended tone. Sehun looked even more panicked as the result, and without saying anything he ate the strawberry I gave him at once.

“Thank you, then.” he managed to say after struggling to swallow the big strawberry.

“Don’t you eat your strawberries after the shortcake?” I chuckled, amused by his reaction. Sehun sipped the tea to freshen his throat before answering, this time with a cute eye- smile.

“Well, you gave it to me. I couldn’t wait to taste it.” he grinned.

There was a pleasant feeling in my chest hearing that last statement. I couldn’t even describe it properly for myself. It wasn’t happiness, nor was that it gratitude. I kept my eyes on his quickly reddened face after saying something rather flirty as I pondered, trying hard to analyze my own feeling.

It wasn’t special; it was rather cheesy to be honest, not exactly my cup of tea. If I was to choose, maybe I would want a guy in front of me to have a smart and witty comeback like ‘I was afraid you would take it back’ or something like that. Something a guy like Kai might say.

Sehun eyes were on his cake, unaware of my stare; or maybe he was aware and avoiding it intentionally. And he was smiling; a very tiny smile. And just then, I realized what it was I like about his last statement. He sounded sincere.

And I was touched by it.

_____

 

“What it was that so important that I have to go to your room?” I demanded. It was extremely quiet on the other line and I could only imagine that Kai was busy shushing the other guys while covering the speaker or something.

“Just come here, Jihoon. We have a reward for you for helping Sehun out to meet his crush last night. You won’t regret it, I promise.” he promoted; not assuring at all considering that it came from someone like Kai. I frowned, if he was with Baekhyun or Chanyeol or both, it would most probably be a prank.

“Who else is there?” I asked at last, because I knew for sure he was not alone in his room. There was some significant noise from his line when he began the call.

“They are all here.” he answered after a short pause, making me slanting my eyes suspiciously at the phone. Is he trying to trick me right now? But before I even had time to decide whether I should believe him or not Kai talked again, this time more urgently.

“Seriously, Jihoon. You might want to come here, quickly. You would regret it if you don’t.” he stated confidently, and curiosity immediately got the best of me. I hung up the call after murmuring “okay, then,” to him, and quickly went to his room, full of expectations. What it was that they get me? Surely it wouldn’t be something really awesome coming from guys like them. Maybe it was food? Maybe they bought some snacks and regarded it as a treat. Yeah, food would be nice. I wouldn’t mind food.

It’s better not be something weird, though.

I knocked on his door and almost immediately, Kai opened the door for me with a wide smile. He threw a suspicious glance to the corridor as if he was trying to check the surroundings before hurriedly ushering me in. The first thing which caught my sense was that it was almost pitch black in the room, except for the light coming from the TV. Kai had turned off the light and closed the curtains. Second, I realized that there was only three heads there excluding mine and Kai which meant this guy, as expected, was lying to me on the phone. And third, there was a weird sound coming from the TV. They kept the volume low, though, so I couldn’t really identify what it was. All I could register was they might not want to get caught watching DVD since I wasn’t even sure they were allowed to have a DVD player in their rooms.

Is it horror movie? Do they know that I like it?

I approached the three heads with Kai enthusiastically. From closer I could identify them as Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo. They had their eyes fixated on the screen, not even minding me at all. Kai grinned at me before walking across the TV with his upper body bent down, trying to not bother the audiences. Three heads moved uncomfortably avoiding his body to get a better look on the screen until Kai found a comfortable seat beside Baekhyun. I simply sat at the closest place, beside Kyungsoo. He shifted a little to give me more space without shifting his eyes from the screen, and I, smiling gratefully, fixed my eyes on the screen for the first time to join the rest of them. What I saw was enough to give me the biggest shock for the rest of my life.

It was a- well, I even felt embarrassed only by mentioning it. Anyways, the sound that I thought was a sound effect from a horror movie turned out to be the of the girl.

I instantly got up as if I was sitting on a needle and quickly headed to the door. But before my short legs could even reach it, two pair of long legs were already standing in front of me and I looked up to see Kai’s very mischievous face.

“Where are you going?” he grinned.

“My room.” I managed to mumble between my concentrations to keep my face from turning to red shade. I mean, me: a girl, in a dark room with four healthy guys with that kind of video as the backsound. Yes, any girl in their right minds would be extremely embarrassed. “Not in the mood with the, um, video.” I added again to give explanation before he even asked.

“Sure. Not in the mood.” I could hear Chanyeol’s teasing voice behind me, and I almost lose all the remnant strength to keep my expression as straight as possible. Kai- seriously not helping- was still standing in front of me, blocking my way.

“Yes.” I almost screamed. “Now if you would excuse me.” I exclaimed before shoving Kai and practically ran out of the scene, and then went straight towards my room without a second glance behind me.