Meeting the Cupid

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you so much for subscribing: ^^

jasminejane

hana2u

Meeru_lee

unknown009

hightower

aileen93

MissA_Infinite

Su_Juh

Makihae

Taemin-lover


 

“You keep it then. It’s yours.” he said with a low voice, and without waiting for my reaction went to catch on with Kai.

I stared at the strawberry key chain in my hand.

So this is really mine? No wonder I got a familiar feeling with this thing. I kept track with my things. I mean, I use money to buy them.

But wait. That means, that was a confession?

I’m his crush? For two years?

I stared at his distant figure for a while, slightly flattered, but soon shrugged it off.

What can I say? I’m gorgeous like that. And the most important thing is I got my key chain back. This thing was quite expensive if I’m not mistaken.

“Thank you!” I shouted towards him, not really bothered whether he would really hear me or not. I turned around happily and then started to walk towards my house with a renewed energy. But that was before the weird dragonfly blocked my way.

“You would let the confession passed just like that? From that cool guy?” it scolded me, putting its hands on its hips.

No, Jihye. Collect yourself. It’s a dragonfly. It would not put its hands on the hips. It doesn’t even have hips. And it surely can’t talk, let alone scolding you. You’re hearing things because you watched too much horror movies.

I inhaled, and then managed to pass the weird dragonfly coolly. And no, I’m not going to stop calling it dragonfly. Because it is. Fairies don’t exist. End of discussion.

“Great. Now you’re going to ignore me. Hello, someone is speaking here.” it shouted. Its wings fluttered fast, making a ringing sound on my ears. I glanced around. No one was looking at me and this thing. Okay, I’ll give up calling it dragonfly. Because it surely is not.

Oh my God, do I need help of psychiatrist? But it costs a lot.

I fastened my pace, looking straight forward, completely ignoring that illusion of mine. Although it was quite hard to do, since it kept talking non-stop beside me.

“Slow down. We really need to talk. Or else I would curse you to fall in love with a frog.” it threatened me. I ran instead, and not stopping until I reached my house. I didn’t even check whether it was still following me.

I locked my room door, panted hard.

Relax, Jihye. You’re in your room now. You’re safe. Go to sleep, and tomorrow is another day.

I managed to breathe slowly, still caressing my chest.

“You don’t really think you could avoid me by locking that door, right?” it popped out right in front of my eyes, folding its arms.

I screamed to my heart extent, and almost immediately searched for my racket. The thing caught my gaze and pointed its hand towards the table. The next moment my racket had vanished into thin air.

“Hey! It’s expensive!” I shouted, temporarily forgot that I was freaked out by this weird creature. It shook its head, waving his fingers to me.

“No dangerous thing while we have our peaceful talk.” it said bossily.

Okay, I’ll accept my fate. I’m officially crazy.

I stared at the creature helplessly. “What do you want?” I asked. It quickly brightened up when it seemed like I was willing to cooperate.

“May we sit first?” it chirped. I sat on my bed without saying anything, and it sat on the edge of my table.

Now after I calmed myself down a bit, I started to examine the thing more carefully. It was actually a boy in a size of a pixie. It gave off fairy feeling, except while fairies got wings like butterflies or dragonflies, this thing has angel wings. The white angel wings we usually see in stories.

He got a cute face with childish expression, blonde hair, and modern looking clothes.

He actually was something to look at.

Especially when you have accepted the fact that you’re officially crazy and admitted that mythical creature does exist.

He got up from the table and floated about ten centimeters above it.

“Let me introduce myself. Cupid Taeby on your service.” he bowed down opera-style, and then looked at me with an expectant wide smile.

I stared at him blankly.

He frowned at me, clearly disappointed.

“I guess it’s the time for you to have a reaction.” he folded his arms again while sitting back on the table.

“What kind of reaction exactly?” I asked, still staring at him with a flat expression.

“Maybe squealed and said: ‘Oh My God, please help me to find the boy of my dream’?” he suggested, staring at me expectantly.

No way will I do that. Not even in your dream.

He snorted, reading my expression correctly.

“Or maybe you could started asking me boring questions about whether I am really a cupid.” he said, rolling his eyes.

“Er, okay. Are you really a cupid?” I asked him.

Please tell me you’re not. You are just a strange illusion of mine which I would forget the next morning I woke up.

“Of course I am.” he pouted. And there goes my last hope.

“But I thought cupid is a kid with curly hair and arrows, shooting on people.” I commented. He waved his hand, as if the image had polluted his mind.

“Curly hair is no longer in. And we no longer use bows and arrows. Too many accidents. Don’t get me started about the tragedy of this poor princess named Fiona falling madly in love with this beast name Shrek. Anyway, it wasn’t handy, so we use magical power instead.” he explained. I didn’t say anything, still busy trying hard to digest it all. He examined my expression.

“But if you like the image of cupid, I could totally help you with that.” he offered, and straightly got up. The image of him plopped in my mind, and I shivered.

“No. No need! I like this form better.” I quickly stopped him and he sat back, smiling widely.

“Of course you would! Key Hyung told me that this outfit is in this season. And I like this tiny body better. Easier to move and it makes me look cuter.” he said proudly.

Great, a self-obsessed cupid.

I stared at him with serious expression, ignoring the information about this key or whatever it was.

“So your name is Taeby?” I asked him.

“Well, it actually is Taemin. But my last client loved to call me Taeby. You know, Taemin-Baby. Taeby. I liked that name so I keep it.”he said cheerfully. “She was a difficult client, but I managed to find her her soulmate, which reminded me...” he fixed his gaze on me, suddenly gotten serious.

“Reminded you what?” I asked, suspicious.

"My mission to get you a boyfriend." he squealed, as if it was clear already. "You know, you are sitting in my list for years with no improvement whatsoever. Not even a crush. It made my portfolio looked bad on our annual qualification test: 'Great Cupids'. I practically failed every single year because you stained my portfolio." he accused me.

What portfolio? Cupids have portfolio?

I seriously couldn't digest anymore of this nonsense.

Taemin kept complaining, ignoring my hopeless state.

“You need to get a boyfriend soon, or I would fail my “Great Cupids” test again.” he pouted and folded his arms, flying up and down in front of my face.

His movements made me dizzy. I shook my head, trying to regain the little sanity left in me, if there was even any.

“Look here, er, Taeby.” I said with what I thought a convincing tone. He gazed at me happily hearing me addressing him the way he wanted. I had no choice. I need to make him happy even though I hate calling him Taeby. Taeby is too lame. Taemin-Baby. Taeby. Bleh.

“I wouldn’t have any improvement if you stay here and distract me. So how about going to another target, leave me alone, and voila, when you came back I already had a boyfriend, and you won’t even need to work hard for it. How perfect is that?” I tempted him. He narrowed his eyes on me, didn’t look tempted at all.

Screw me and my so-called-convincing-tone.

“I don’t believe you at all.” he said, pointing his finger on me.

Really, cupid has no manner at all. You don’t go around pointing your finger on people, stupid crazy cupid.

Hey, that was rhymed. I like it. Stupid-crazy-cupid. I shall use it again someday if he pissed me off.

“Then you have no other choice.” I said, folding my arms like he did, and lifting my chin as a bonus. “Bring me a guy with Won Bin’s look, IQ minimum of 160, a body like Rain’s, wealthy, and nice. Then we’re good.” Taemin threw me a disgusted look.

“You think a guy like that would want you?” he exclaimed.

Now that was an insult.

“Then prepare yourself on failing another test.” I said, shrugging. Taemin sighed, and I stared at him happily. Has he given up?

“You really left me with no choice.” he said. And with that, he lifted his right hand and pointed it on me while muttering some weird words. I couldn’t help to feel frightened. Is he cursing me? Does pissing a cupid off really dangerous?

Suddenly, a shot-like voice rang up, and my eyes struck with a very bright light. I shut my eyes hard, waiting for something big to happen. But the next moment, everything stopped as fast as it began.

Taemin stared at me apologetically.

“I’m really sorry.” he said, staring at me.

Sorry for what? For startling me?

He was still staring at me in an awe manner. Okay, something is definitely off here.

Following my instinct, I went to check myself up on the mirror.

Except, it’s not me I saw on the reflection.

But it must be me, I mean the guy was wearing my clothes.

But I said it, a guy. So it’s definitely not me. I mean, I’m a girl, right?

Okay, sanity, please be nice and stay with me. I need you very bad right now.

 I sighed, and the guy in the mirror did the same.

Stop imitating me, you creeper!

A scary realization struck me right there, and I, holding my breath, pulled my pants a little and peeked inside.

Holy crap.

What was it I saw down there?

 


 

Thank you for reading.

Your feedback would be much appreciated. ^^