Side Story -Sehun- The Stranger

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Oh Sehun is what you call an ordinary guy with extraordinary look. Smart, with handsome face and a somewhat ignorant look, one would easily look at him with awe- to say the least. Now if only he could arrange more than three words for a stranger and see a girl right in her face, he would be perfect.

He is a freshman in high school and lucky to bump his way with someone loud like Kai and a happy virus whose name he later find as Chanyeol. Sehun can’t afford a close friend with his personality alone; one would feel that he is not interested being friends or just boring, one of those two. But the result remains; Sehun will be left alone; not that he minds at all. Sehun is contented the way he is now with few close friends in his high school life.

Girls aren’t in his agenda. He is not planning on caring about girls at all while there are far more important things to get his attention. Not now; not in the near future. And that’s the main reason he enters all-boy-school. Girls sometimes can be irritating; they are noisy and some can be really clingy. Kai might really favor girls as if he couldn’t live without one. He can say literally the same thing with most of the guys he knows to be honest; but Sehun begs to differ.

And thus, falling in love is something he least expects. Something he would prefer to avoid if he could.

_____

 

“Hey, cheer up.” Sehun can hear the guy seating behind him at the cafeteria says to his friend. “There are many other girls.”

Sehun isn’t one to eavesdrop, and not like he is interested to do it at all. But he is alone in that table; waiting for Kai who claims that he is on the way. And so the conversation is easily heard by him, being someone who doesn’t have something to distract his mind except by playing with his phone. And that isn’t his favorite thing to do.

Thus he hears everything.

“I know.” he hears the friend answers with a sad tone. “And it’s not like I didn’t predict it anyway. I tell you, the girl will never fall in love to anyone. Such a waste.” the guy clucks his tongue. His friend laughs at his words and the obvious disappointment in his tone as he said it.

“Is he pretty?” he then asks. The guy tilts his head to his friend like he is just woken up from a daze. A smile appears on his face as he answers.

“Park Jihye? Very pretty.” he says with wandering eyes, reminiscing about his sweetheart. “She has long, straight hair and very fierce eyes; and those all make her look even more attractive.” he sighs. His friend is quiet for a while; and when he finally speaks again, Sehun can hear an amused tone in his voice even though he seems to try really hard to suppress it.

“Man, you’re totally bewitched!” he comments to the guy who seems even more depressed by the time. “Let’s go! I’ll introduce you to other girls!”

And Sehun watches as the guys walk pass him; one of them looks really out of spirit, why the other looks rather amused. The conversation about the girl just stays in his mind for a second before Kai suddenly arrives, running lightly with a huge grin; and Sehun is completely distracted, never remembers about the girls and that conversation he hears again for a quite long time.

Until that day comes.

_____

 

Sehun stands still, enjoying the leaves which are falling down on his body and the breeze which him. He thought coming to that place to accompany Kai hunting down a new girl was a bad idea, but it turns out to be not so much as such. Except for one or two glances he receives, no one is bothering him. He is free in his own little world under the autumn trees, and he loves it. He wonders why he never found such beautiful place before.

And then, at the place he admires so much, he sees her.  A girl is walking outside the gate, admiring the beautiful scenery like he does. Her dark hair flows along with the soft breeze and she tucks them behind her ear, giving Sehun more access to see her face. She has dark, fierce eyes, which are fixated on her above, where the leaves are falling from.  Some male passer-by are checking on her, but she seems to not notice, or she simply doesn’t care; one of those two.

She has long, straight hair and very fierce eyes; and those all make her look even more attractive

Just out of nowhere the conversation from the long time ago crosses his mind, and he narrows his eyes to get a better sight, seeing the girl is now picking one leaf from her shoulder, examining it as if it is some rare thing.

Sehun keeps watching, can’t help but think that the girl looks funnily familiar with the description he heard before. He frowns a bit when he tries to remember her name. Was it Park Jihye?

“Jihye!” suddenly he hears a shout, and the girl glances his way, making Sehun’s heart unintentionally skip a beat. It takes him some time before he notices that the girl is not looking at him, but rather to his back, where the sound was coming from.

Someone bumps to his shoulder, and Sehun can barely hear the muted apologize sound that someone utters, as he sees the wide, beautiful smile on the girl’s face as the one who called her comes closer.

It is as if the world stops. It is like he is bewitched; enchanted that he can’t even take his gaze away. Like a déjà vu that he ridiculously believes, that the girl standing there who brings him to his state now is the Park Jihye those guys once talked about. He doesn’t know but he is sure of it; how can that be?

“What took you so long?” the girl complains to her friend, but her wide smile remains on her face. A guy whistles at her, and she merely gives him a disgusted look before completely ignores the flirt. Sehun finds it funny, if not ridiculous, at how he suddenly becomes panicked when the girl, linking arms with her friend, walks his way. He searches right and left for something to do to be an alibi that he wasn’t watching her just a second ago but can’t find anything. His hands hung awkwardly at both sides and he heaves a sigh, completely sure that he appears like a mockery to the first girl who catches his eyes. Sehun can smell a nice scent of lavender from her hair as she passes by, but her eyes are not casted at him; as if he doesn’t exist, as if she doesn’t see him there at all.

And suddenly, it feels hurt.

Something loosens from her bag and falls on the floor without her noticing. Sehun casts a quick glance at her and then to the thing on the floor. A keychain; a strawberry keychain. He picks it up, his mouth is already open to call her and gives her the keychain back, but his pathetic gut somehow forces him to stay mute, while the girl is already quite far away. The girl keeps walking, lengthening the distance between both of them and Sehun watches from afar; the keychain is still in his hand, to the back side of the girl; Park Jihye. And just then his heart is already filled with hope; his mind is occupied with wonder.

Will he ever meet her again?

_____

 

Sehun puts the wig he just found back in Jihoon’s luggage while the other hand is still holding the strawberry keychain he found just before. His head feels dizzy with the discoveries. True, he has been pondering for a while about the similarity; no, the identicality of Jihoon and Jihye’s handwriting. But he never actually thinks, at least not seriously, that both of them are the same person. Because that doesn’t make sense. Jihoon is physically a guy; that much is obvious.

He locks the luggage and put it back on its original place hastily. For the keychain; he stares on it for a while, reminiscing the sweet memories, before putting it back; this time with a heavy heart.

The jingle sound of the keychain when it hits the bottom of the drawer gives him back his sense, and Sehun straightens his back, making up his mind.

He has to talk to Jihoon about this. He can’t keep wondering forever.

With that renewed determination, he walks out from the room and paces through the corridor, wondering where Jihoon might have gone. He decides to check outside and walks through the lawn until he hears someone mention his name indistinctly. He glances towards his left and sees Kai and Jihoon sitting not too far away; their faces look really serious, and without him even pondering on how inappropriate his action is, he already sneaks behind the bushes to have a clearer listen.

“It might seem like a joke back then when I kept saying that you were a girl, but I sincerely wished that way. I really wish-”

A tear escapes Kai’s eyes as he utters the words with a cracked voice and Sehun instantly feels bad; this isn’t something that he should know. Kai wouldn’t want him to know. What right does he have to hide there, listening to their secret conversation?

He curses himself, deliberating on what to do. Should he just leave and risk getting caught while doing so? Or should he just stay, pretending that he doesn’t hear anything and wait until both of them leave before going safely back to his room?

Both Jihoon and Kai’s faces are wet with tears now, and just when Sehun decides to just go, Kai has leaned towards Jihoon’s face and presses their lips together. Sehun widens his eyes in surprise, mentally warning himself to not make any noise. But after that, something which is even more unbelievable happen.

A very bright light suddenly covers Jihoon’s body, and Sehun feels like his eyes are blinded. He raises his hand to cover his eyes, and when he finally brings the hand down; his crush, his first love, Park Jihye is standing in front of Kai instead of Jihoon.

The strength leaves his feet and Sehun falls onto the floor, his gaze can’t leave the nonsense scene in front of his very eyes. Kai is now pulling her into a tight embrace, and the tears of happiness shines on her cheeks.

And just then, as unbelievable as it might seem, everything clicks.

The resemblance, the handwriting, the strawberry keychain in Jihoon’s drawer.

Are you by any chance related to Park Jihye?

His voice from several months ago suddenly crosses his head, and he smiles at the irony. Everything feels like a dream. No, it really is a dream; a fantasy.

Sehun glances to the couple which is still hugging each other. His gaze lands on Jihye, the beautiful stranger; the girl she has loved for over two years.

The girl who finally has someone to melt her heart. Someone who isn’t him.

But strangely, it doesn’t hurt that bad.

 


 

Second side story dedicated for Sehun! I'm wondering if you guys have forgotten about this fic. lol.
 

Anyways, thanks for reading and giving feedback. I really appreciate it. xD