The Strawberry Key Chain History

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing:

oeoe12

Bibihwaiting

jungjinyoungie990918

Ava-lulu


 

A week had passed since the incident with Sehun and Hoya left. Sadly, not only I was nowhere near kissing Sehun; heck, we didn’t even talk with each other, but also the final exam would come in three months, which meant I was in an even more rush to go back to my own school and study normally. That, if I really wanted to graduate highschool. I can’t have high school diploma from a boys school, can I?

If only this cupid cares just a little bit.

“Taemin, please help me just this time!” I said again for the tenth time that day. Taemin took his eyes off the romantic manga he was reading, frowning by the interruption.

“What now? I already said I would help you out, Jihye, just find a good plan to  kiss him. I’ll be there.” he answered lazily, shifting his eyes back to the book.

“Can’t you like- use your power or something. Make him kiss me, use illusion, whatever. You used illusion too the principal didn’t you? Come on, Taemin. You have the power.” I persuaded again. He glanced at me sulkily.

“No way. I’ll be punished if I do that.” he refused firmly, not even a bit hesitated.

“What punishment exactly?” I asked at last, annoyed. If you ask me, this irresponsible cupid does need punishment a little. Who turned me into a guy? Him.

“I will be stripped off from my cupid power for a year.” he explained. “And that automatically means I would have to repeat another year for my great test.”

“But wouldn’t that be amazing?” I asked, surprised. “You can have a holiday for one year. Duty-free.”

“Not for cupid.” Taemin shook his head, shivering. “It’s our whole existence, what we are doing now. We love it, I can’t even imagine not being a cupid for even a day, not to mention the whole year. Sorry, Jihye. But you need to work alone in that.” he ended, leaving me in my desperate state. What should I do now?

_____

 

“Jihoon, this is ridiculous. You need to speak to him.” Kai exclaimed exasperatedly. “Do you plan to ignore him forever? You act like a sulky girl now.”

I glared at Kai. What did he mean by ‘a sulky girl’? Is that a bad thing?

“It’s not only about him punching me, okay?” I narrowed my eyes to Sehun who was sitting a few tables away from us. “Hoya was expelled because Sehun suddenly decided to be a jealous idiot.”

“What is this about Hoya? Since when did you care so much about him?” Kai frowned.

Because he is my cousin. Duh.

“And seriously, Hoya is naturally brutal. He was going to be expelled sooner or later anyway.” Kai continued again, shrugging ignorantly.

No one talk bad about my cousin, okay? Especially the likes of this guy. Only me entitled to do that.

“Hoya hasn’t doing anything bad since the first time we met, don’t speak that way about him.” I said coldly. “And if you have forgotten, he only hit Sehun because Sehun hit me. Don’t try to blame Hoya’s so-called-brutal nature on this.”

Kai sighed, noticing my raising temper.

“I know, so don’t get mad at me too, okay?” he said tiredly. I was about to open my mouth to reply back when I noticed Sehun had stood behind Kai.

“I’m really sorry, Jihoon. Come on, can you stop being mad already? Please?” he added the last word seeing my unpleasant expression. “I truly am sorry about what happened.”

“Tell that to Hoya.” I grumbled, refusing to look his way, knowing exactly that I acted nowhere like a guy that moment but I couldn’t care less.

“I did.” he said seriously, succeding to grab my attention. “I apologized to him first before you. You know, the day he left. Right after I exited the principal room, they explained to me about the situation.” he tilted his head to Kai. “I immediately searched to apologize to you, but met Hoya outside. He was scary, you know. Warning me to not ever bother you anymore. By the way he talked, I would say that he was talking about a girlfriend.” Sehun chuckled awkwardly. Kai stiffened up a bit and we both shifted our attention to him.

“What?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Nothing.” he quickly answered, turning his gaze away. I raised my brows at him before looking at Sehun again.

“What did he say then?” I asked curiously.

“He said he beat me up quite fairly to make him expelled.” Sehun shrugged. “Right after I met him I apologized to you but you said no.” Sehun stared seriously at me. “I see the bruise has healed. Can you forgive me now?” he attempted a grin, a very awkward one, I had to try really hard not to laugh.

“Don’t even dare acting stubborn like that next time.” I said grumpily, and Sehun’s face immediately lit up.

“Guaranteed.” he grinned. “We are good now, then?”

“Yeah.” I replied hesitantly.

“Finally!” Kai exclaimed happily. “You two are unbelievable. One week for a punch.” he shook his head, pretending to be embarassed.

“Will you be okay immediately if I punch you right now then?” I said smoothly, earning Sehun’s still awkward laugh.

“Hey, how about going to café after school, to celebrate Jihoon’s rare better mood?” he grinned.

“I’m okay with that.” I shrugged.

_____

 

You two go together. I have other things to do.

I read the message from Kai with pouting lips. It’s Saturday, and he has something else to do? Of course. Back to his old ways I see.

“You got the same message?” Sehun asked, peeking through my phone. I showed him the message, shrugging.

“Yes. Maybe he has a date or something.” I replied. Right at that moment, another message came from Kai.

“You got a new message too?” I asked Sehun, but he shook his head after taking a look at his own phone.

“Really?” I frowned, checking the message, and quickly closed it again before Sehun could see.

Use this opportunity to get rid of your awkwardness. You two . Plus a lot of laughing symbols.

And he really thought this would help us to not being awkward anymore? Imagine how awkward would it be if Sehun read the message. This guy really needs a brain check, honestly speaking.

“Is it Kai?” Sehun asked, and I quickly shook my head.

“Let’s just… go now, okay?” I muttered weakly.

_____

 

I threw my gaze around the cake shop happily. It was mine and Hyoyeon’s favorite place to hang out after school, when I have spare monthly money to waste from my uncle. And it so happened to be the place when I first met these guys. Kai, Sehun, Kyungsoo, Suho, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. They were the six guys who pissed me off so much that day. Fate is funny, isn’t it?

But no. According to Sehun it wasn’t the first time I met him. So, when ?

“You met her once here, right? Kai told me.” I lied, and Sehun nodded while smiling, stirring his ice tea with the straw.

“Yes.” he chuckled. “And she looked really angry. Imagine how shocked I was. And Kyungsoo’ face was just…” he shook his head, laughing.

“But you still like her even after seeing that?” I asked again, curious. How could he still like me when I acted like that? Sehun’s eyes softened up when he answered.

“You might not understand.” he said. “I saw her sitting with another guy. I really thought he was her boyfriend you know, imagine how terrible I felt. In the contrary to be honest, I felt relieved that she dumped that guy. Felt bad for that guy of course, but still, relieved.” he smiled. “And that guy waited for her for nearly an hour, maybe expecting her to be back or something.”

Great. Now I feel bad.

“Sounded like a bad girl to me.” I shrugged while examining his expression carefully.

“I expected that from her.” Sehun said. “Considering how we met the first time.”

Sehun took my attention completely with that. I’ve never thought before on how the first time he met me. Because clearly, I’ve never known him until I saw him and Kai outside the DVD rental.

“How did you meet her?” I asked, waiting patiently for Sehun to sip his tea before he answered.

“I’ve heard of her before I met her.” he began; his eyes twinkled when he wandered with the memories. “Heard one guy talked about her when I just entered high school, saying he got rejected by this one girl. Pretty with long hair and has fierce eyes. Park Jihye, he said her name. Telling his friend that this cold girl would never pay any attention to any guy. Such a waste, he said again. At that time that conversation just crossed my mind. I never thought about this girl again after that.” he stopped, taking his breath. I put my face on my palms, completely absorbed by his story.

“And?” I encouraged him to continue. Sehun took another sip and continued again.

“I didn’t know how long time had passed after that conversation I coincidentally heard. Was it two weeks? No, probably more. It was the beginning of autumn. And I saw this girl, just exited the girl school’s gate. She has long, flowing hair. Her eyes were pretty but fierce. Some guys were checking on her but she kept her eyes straight to the front, not minding them at all. The wind blew and the leaves fallen from the trees, one of which stuck to her hair. She picked it off and smiled. I really couldn’t forget that smile.” Sehun began smiling warmly at the memory.

“It’s like a dejavu.” he chuckled. “I’ve never seen her before but I was really sure it was her. I knew it was the girl those guys talked about. Right at that moment, when I froze in place staring at her, a girl approached her. It’s Hyoyeon." he grinned at me at the mention of Hyoyeon's name, still thinking that I have a crush on Hyoyeon.

“She called her name. Jihye.” Sehun’s voice was really soft when he mentioned my name and I felt this tingling sensation in my stomach. “Jihye smiled happily at the sight of her friend and began walking away, not even once paying attention to me when she walked pass me. Her strawberry key chain fell from her bag and I picked it up, keeping it for two years. I didn't know how it happened, but she has always stays in my mind after that time. Silly, I know. I don't even know her that well.” he chuckled bitterly.

“And that was it.” Sehun said, getting me back from my daze. I stared at him, startled. I was too absorbed that I didn’t even realize that he had ended his story. “Now you understand, right? Why I got foolishly mad at you? I thought you took advantage of Jihye when you actually liked her own best friend.” he continued, taking this advantage to defense himself. I ignored the last sentence. Remembering about the incident made me want to smack something.

“I actually know Jihye quite well.” I began. Sehun almost choked on his tea hearing that.

“Seriously? But how?” he asked, completely shocked.

“Well, I’m roommate with Hoya.” I smoothly began the lie. “And he introduced me to his cousin. Met her several times before, but I never knew she was your crush.” I continued. Sehun’s eyes were sparkling with hope. Wow, never realized I was this smooth liar before. He sat straight on his seat, really interested to hear about anything I was about to say. The tips of my lips were threatening to rise up into an amused smile, but I managed to keep a straight face.

“If you want, I can arrange so that you can meet with her-” I began but before I could end my sentence Sehun had already replied- no, shouted his answer.

“Anytime!” he enthusiastically said. This time I couldn’t help the smile before answering again.

“I’ll talk to her, then.”