Caught

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing:

danyugroup

mcaaaa

djputitbackon

MinHwa


 

“Jihye?” a voice was heard from behind me and I swung my heard really hard to face the extremely shocked guy. We were just keep staring for a while, both were feeling really terrified. I saw his pale face and my biggest fear was just proven.

He saw me turning back into a girl, didn’t he?

_____

 

Howon Oppa looked like he had lost all the ability to speak. His pale face looked really terrified, a really rare expression on his face; and if it wasn’t for the really serious situation, it actually was quite funny.

“Why are you here? And why are you-” he finally found his voice back, but failed to finish his sentence. He just kept pointing on my guy’s clothing instead, trying to deliver his question. I stared at him, hesitating to speak, hoping that there was still a little hope, a really little hope, that he actually didn’t see any crucial thing.

“Did you just turn into a girl- I mean, you are a girl so that didn’t make sense, but-” he stuttered.

Okay, he did see it. Think, Jihye, think!

He looked like he had a big trouble arranging his words that I actually pitied him. I approached him carefully, examining his reaction. His leg looked like he wanted to take a step backward, but he managed to stay on his place instead.

“Calm down, Oppa. I can explain.” I said very slowly. He looked at me with a still terrified expression, but to my relief, he sat on the edge of his bed, still looking at me.

“I am Jihye.” I began.

“Yeah, I knew that.” he cut me. I nodded patiently. I didn’t like having someone cut my sentence but this guy here was on the verge of a breakdown, so I should let him get away with it.

“And I am also Jihoon. Your roommate.” I continued again carefully, examining his expression.

“Yeah, I saw that.” he said again, this time with a lot more hoarse and low voice.

I held my breath and started to tell him the story like I did one week ago to the ghost. He was extremely quiet while he heard my explanation. When I finished my story with the quest of true love Taemin instructed me to find, he sighed.

“I feel like I’m going to go crazy.” he said, shaking his head.

Yeah, welcome to my world.

“I felt like that too the first time.” I nodded. “But I got used to it after a while. You would too.” I added again nicely. He stared at me with an unreadable expression before shaking his head again.

“Such courage you have; a girl entering an all-boys school. Do you know how dangerous it is?” he frowned. I restrained myself from glaring at him. Does it seem like I have any other choice?

“Well, they all think I’m a dude.” I shrugged.

“You’re right.” he mumbled, and then made an unreadable expression again, as if he was really deep in thought.

“So we are good? You won’t tell uncle about this? Or anyone?” I asked with a pleading tone. For the first time this night, he threw me a sulky look.

“And having people think I’m crazy?” he raised an eyebrow. Great, back to the-annoying-cousin-mode. He stopped for a while, looking like he wanted to say something but failed to find any sentence to deliver his intention. At last he gazed at me.

“We should talk about it later. For now, let’s just go to sleep.” he sighed. I nodded, didn’t voice out my opinion. Do we have any other thing to talk about?

“And you might want to call me Hoya in this school.” he added again. For the second time, I nodded.

“I know about that.” I mumbled. He shook his head again and reached to a t-shirt. He was halfway on taking off the t-shirt he wore when he caught my gaze. Realizing there was a girl in his room; he grabbed the t-shirt and without another word went out to change.

_____

 

The class was crowded when I reached it that morning with Howon Oppa, or should I call: Hoya. There was sound of murmurs when people started to realize my presence with him. From the crowd I could see Sehun’s interested eyes and Kai’s half smirk half laugh. Hoya gave me a nod before going to his own chair. I could just sit for a second before Kai approached me.

“How was last night?” he grinned, putting his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged his hand off, frowning. Did he know how misleading his question was?

“Chilly.” I replied shortly.

“You know I didn’t mean that. You spent a night with him!” he whispered with a scandalous tone. “Are you alright? Did he beat you up?” he asked again with mischievous glistening eyes.

“He might beat you up, if you don’t shut up.” I hissed. Kai laughed, and then approached Sehun to bug him instead. Sehun threw a gaze at me and made a tiny smile before shifting his gaze away, ignoring the chatty Kai completely.

After school ended, Hoya threw me a look, looked like in doubt whether he should approach me or not. Before he could make any decision though, Kai had approached me first and he, frowning a little, left the class without a second glance. I raised an eyebrow at Kai. What is it he wants this time?

“What?” I asked before he could say anything. Sehun stood behind Kai, looking extremely hesitated.

“We want to meet some girls. Can you tag along? We are kinda short in number.” he grinned. I shot him a look. What’s with the girl he met just the night before?

“I’m busy.” I rejected him firmly and motioned to leave, but Kai blocked my way.

“Come on. There would be five people from them. It would be awkward if there are only four of us.” he pleaded. “And they are pretty, guaranteed. They came from that all girl school near here. You know that school, right?” he persuaded again with an enthusiastic tone. I stared at him, hesitated. My school?

“You will go too?” I asked Sehun, unsure. It was not like him to go to that kind of match up meeting.

“He didn’t want to at first.” Kai grinned. “But after I said the girls would come from his crush’s school he instantly changed his mind.” he added, laughing. Sehun sent him a glare.

“I might still change my mind.” he threatened Kai. Kai shook his head firmly, didn’t seem threatened at all.

“No, you come with me. Jihoon hasn’t even agreed to come with us, and you decided to act up?” he glared at his friend. “Come on, Jihoon. Kyungsoo and Suho couldn’t come. Only me, Sehun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol could go. Just consider it as supporting your friend. Baekhyun like this girl, Hyoyeon from that school, and he said that girl would come.” he continued again with persuading tone. I gave him a full attention after he mentioned Hyoyeon’s name. Hyoyeon will be there? I miss her so much.

“Okay then.” I said slowly. Kai made a bright smile and without another word practically dragged me and Sehun to go with him to the meet up.

_____

 

Hyoyeon smiled from across the table, sitting with my other four friends. I smiled back at her affectionately. How I miss this girl. Beside me, I could sense Sehun stiffened up. If he was really hoping that I would be here, he was disappointed, and clearly trapped in the situation. I could care less though. My friend. My precious girl friends from school sat in front of me, just across the table. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

“This is Taeyeon, Jessica, Seohyun, and Sunny. I’m Hyoyeon by the way.” she began, pointing to each of our friends while mentioning their names. I stared at the four girls too happily. It was already a while since the last time I hang out with them.

Kai introduced all of us, including the stiff Sehun. I kept my eyes on Hyoyeon when Kai mentioned my name, trying to deliver the message. It’s me, Hyoyeon. Can’t you recognize me? I’m stuck in this horrible guy form, but I’m still your lovable friend, Jihye.

I delivered all that with an obvious intense stare, which, unfortunately, being caught by the others instead. The girls let out an awkward laugh, and the guys gave me a ‘what-the-hell’ look. Baekhyun looked really sulky, but I ignored them all. I miss my best friend, okay?

Hyoyeon eyes widened a bit with recognition and the tip of my lip curved up into a happy smile.

“Oh, you look really alike with my friend, Jihye!” she clapped. Sehun swung his head really hard towards Hyoyeon while the latter was already busy exchanging ‘I know, right?’ with the other girls.

“Park Jihye? You know her?” he said with a low voice. His friends gave him an interested look; even Baekhyun stripped off his sulky face. Sehun ignored them all this time, keeping his gaze to Hyoyeon, waiting for her reaction.

“Of course! I’m her best friend.” she replied with a slightly red face. Okay, I love my best friend and all, but she really need to maintain a normal color on her face in front of a considerably good looking guy. Should she be red all the time? Gosh, if she were me and being trapped in my situation, the red shade would stay on her face forever. Although, considering about it again, Hyoyeon would never be stuck in my situation since her love life is extremely fine. In fact, I’m surprised she attends this match up session. What happened to that guy, Hyukjae or something?

Anyways, despised all that, there was a proud tone in her voice while declaring that I was her best friend, and I loved her even more.

“Why are you asking? You know her?” Hyoyeon’s red face was shifted with a curious one. Of course, since she knew for sure that I had no male acquaintance except my uncle and cousin.

“N-nothing.” Sehun stuttered, knowing exactly the mischievous knowing look his friends gave him.

Sehun turned extremely quiet for the rest of the meeting. He matched really well with his ‘partner’, Seohyun. They might as well just go home since they didn’t even exchange any word aside from ‘hi’. Kai was with Jessica, and I could tell that Jessica obviously wasn’t interested. Good for you, girl. Sunny was looking really happy with Chanyeol. I might give her a call and make preach about some creepy guy. Baekhyun partnered up with Taeyeon and so far I didn’t see him minding at all; so much for him liking Hyoyeon. Whatever, though. I was partnered up with Hyoyeon, and that was all I could care about at that moment.

The chatting up went for an hour before we decided to separate. Seohyun and Sehun, as expected, didn’t continue and went straight back instead. So did Jessica and Kai, and I could spot Kai’s disappointed face. Ha! Eat that, Mr.Playboy. Not every girl wants you. Sunny and Taeyeon, quite disappointing, continued with the duo pranksters. As I bid them goodbye, I couldn’t help to pray sincerely for their safety. I mean, my two innocent and cute friends (okay, they are not that innocence, especially Taeyeon, but I shall say no further about that) being alone with that two evil pranksters.

If anything happened to those adorable girls, Baekhyun and Chanyeol would definitely have to answer to me.

“It’s really nice hanging out with you.” Hyoyeon smiled to me three hours later when we were about to part. I smiled sincerely back at her.

“I know. It’s like we have been friends for a while.” I chuckled, glancing secretly at her. Did she catch my message? I couldn’t afford having my best friend has a crush on Jihoon. Definitely no. She would kill me if she found out later that Jihoon is actually me.

To my relief, Hyoyeon made a wide smile.

“Exactly my thought!” she beamed. “You remind me a lot to my best friend, Jihye that I mentioned earlier. It’s been a while since I met her so I was really happy to meet you.”

I could see her sad eyes when she mentioned me. I knew that she missed me too. I’m so going to call her tonight. I’ve been a bad, bad friend.

“Hyoyeon.” I stopped, hesitated. Should I risk telling her the truth? Taemin didn’t say anything about telling people the truth, right?

“Yes?” she replied, still smiling. I quickly collected myself and shook my head while smiling. No. She would not believe me. Not in this guy body. I should handle my problems by myself instead of giving her the headache.

“We should keep in touch.” I said at last.

_____

 

“You spent quite much time with her.” Kai commented, giving me an investigating look. Baekhyun messaged me to gather at Sehun's and Suho’s room when I came back, and when I arrived, all of them was there so I guess I was the last.

I spotted Hoya (should familiarize myself calling him that) walking back to our room on the way to Sehun and Suho’s. He made a stiff face and right after I assumed he was going to ignore me, he nodded a little. I smiled generously. Looked like I was going to spend the night with him again. So awkward.

Back to Kai. He was looking at me, waiting for my answer. There was something off with his expression that I couldn’t read. What is it? Is it pure curiosity?

“Don’t be too obvious when you like a girl; she wouldn’t appreciate it.” he made a smirk and I gave him a disgusted look. What? He thinks girls don’t deserve attention?

“I really really really like that girl. Got a problem with that?” I stated defiantly. The smirk subsided from Kai’s face and I smiled triumphantly. Hah! Hear that? I don’t need your advice at all.

“Wow. Saying that in front of me.” Baekhyun grumbled and I shifted my gaze to him.

“You seemed quite happy with Taeyeon though.” I raised an eyebrow. He smirked hearing that.

“Well, true.  And we got something today, right? Sehun’s crush’s name.” he added, giving a sly gaze to Sehun whose face instantly turned red. If I didn’t pity him, I would laugh seeing that.

“Really, who?” Suho asked, interested with the news. Kyungsoo widened his eyes behind him. Stop. Widening. Your. Eyes. Kyungsoo. It’s wide already.

“It’s Park Jihye.” Baekhyun smirked. “And her friends said she looks really alike with our Jihoon.” Suho and Kyungsoo shifted their gaze at me in unison.

“Makes me doubting that she is pretty.” Chanyeol added, earning a smack of pillow from me.

“Are you guys done?” Sehun finally able to speak. “Because I want to rest here.” he grumbled. As expected, his friends ignored him completely and continued with their teasing.

I, in the other hand, was examining his face, judging. His shy reaction when it came to me, his honest red face, his sincerity. This guy seems to like me for sure.

A strange warmness suddenly filled my heart, and unconsciously, my lips curved up into a happy smile.