The Chosen One

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing:

gwakhyeyeon

camerielai

NanaBunanaaaaa

Asianns

Phir316

godchildParkSooMin


 

“Have you heard? It’s almost valentine.” Kai approached me joyously; his eyes were glistening with enthusiasm.

“I don’t hear about valentine. I see it on the calendar.” I said flatly. As expected, this guy ignored me.

“Whatever. So this time, like the previous years, we would celebrate it together with that girl school. You know, the one those girls we met up yesterday came from.” he informed me happily. I gave him a horror look. That stupid ball? So the boy school our school celebrates valentine with is this school.

I didn’t lose anything for skipping the ball before, then.

Being an all boy school and all girl school located considerably near, the student committee came up with this silly idea having both schools celebrating valentine together. The reason they came up with was to give students a time to relax and socialize with students from other school, maintaining the friendship between school with the same vision, etc.

But I know the only reason behind it was the committee trying to find boyfriend or girlfriend through the ball. Humph. It was so obvious. I didn’t give a damn before because I simply didn’t care.

But I have the reason to care now.

“Will you go there?” I asked Sehun curiously.

“He came every year,” like usual, Kai answered for him instead, “only to be disappointed because this Park Jihye was not there.” he added mischievously. Sehun threw him a lazy gaze but said nothing. I kept quiet for a while. Maybe I did miss something for not coming.

“Will you go this year?” I asked him again. Kai nodded enthusiastically without being asked, but I ignored him, keeping  my gaze solely to Sehun.

“There’s nothing to lose.” he shrugged.

I stared at him unsurely. Jihye is for sure will not be there. What if this guy decided to give up on Jihye? I mean, on me?

What if I stuck as Jihoon forever?

No way.

“Are you sure you will come? There’s not much to see there.” I said, feigning ignorance.

“What do you mean? There’s not much to see? That school is like a heaven for pretty girls.” Kai said in awe.

Screw you, Kai.

“But this girl, Jihye. She might not come. She didn’t come two years in a row. Why would she come now?” I argued again stubbornly.

“Yeah, Sehun. Jihoon is right. You shouldn’t come for her. You know, I know many girls there. I will introduce you to some. That girl might got a boyfriend already.” Kai butted in again.

Seriously, Kai. Go away.

Sehun cleared his throat and I automatically swung my head to him hopefully. Come on, Sehun. You stayed devoted to me for two years without me knowing. Don’t say you will give up on me when I need you the most.

“I will go.” he said, making my hope collapsed. I was busy giving Kai a sulky glare when he continued. “But no, thanks, Kai. I’m still hoping for her to come.” he added with a shy smile.

This guy couldn’t be more adorable than this, could he? And please note that I just called a guy adorable. So different from this ugly virus named Kai here. But I shouldn’t let my guard down just like that. I had to make sure that Sehun would be girl-free all night.

“Which time the party is, Kai?” I asked, still giving Kai a slightly sulky look.

“It’s usually at night. I don’t know about this year.” he shrugged. “Why? Planning to come? I thought you weren’t interested.” he grinned.

“Says who?” I asked back calmly. “I will come for sure. Maybe Hyoyeon will be there.” I added again, partly honest.

“You really like this girl, don’t you?” Sehun smiled. I grinned hearing that. That was really true except for the intention the question was asked for.

“Probably my most favorite girl in the world.” I said confidently, grinning wider.

_____

 

“I’ve been thinking about it for a while, and I think we should have a talk with this cupid. What was his name, you said? Taemin?” Hoya said, frowning. I applied my face cream calmly in front of the mirror. Three days after knowing that I’m actually a girl and that was all he came up with? Bravo, cousin.

But of course, I didn’t say that. I mean, did you know how big his arms were? He might think that since I was half a guy it would be okay to punch me. Hell, no.

So I gave him the sweetest smile I could afford, and rejected his suggestion.

“Yes, it’s Taemin. But I don’t think it would work. This selfish cupid doesn’t show up unless he wants to, so…”

“But we should give it a shot. Hey! Taemin! Taemin!” he started shouting with a loud imperious tone.

There’s no way Taemin would show up being called like that.

“Hoya-” I started, but he gave me a look, frowning.

“You are a girl now. Where’s your manner?” he demanded.

“Howon Oppa then, if you want it that bad.” I rolled my eyes.

Geez, just three days ago he was the one suggesting that I call him by the name Hoya. He still looked grumbly when he continued calling Taemin’s name. I stared at him helplessly. If he kept that up, people would start rushing here thinking there was a ruckus or something. Besides, would Taemin showed up in front of him? He never showed up in front of other people before.

“Taeby?” I called, dabbling. Just a second later, he popped out in the room; far away from Hoya. I wouldn’t blame him. Hoya’s face darkened at the sight of him and he actually looked scary. What else would a cowardy cupid like Taemin do in that situation?

“Er… I see that you revealed your identity.” he said, giving nervous glances to Hoya whose eyes still fixed on him with furrowing brows.

“Taemin, I am confused. You didn’t tell me to keep about this secret to myself, so that means I am allowed to tell people about my condition now?”

“Sure.” Taemin nodded. “Whether they would believe you or not, it would be your own risk. Besides, it’s not good for you. Girls would be fine, but if a guy found out the real situation, he would officially be off the loveline for you.” he explained.

“But why?” I protested.

“Because we would need someone who would love you for merely your personality, despised all the outer things you got.” Taemin shrugged. Hoya grew more and more impatient hearing his explanation.

“You better explain the situation now. When would you change her back to normal?” he tilted his head to me, still frowning as if I was some smelly dirt in his room. I threw a disagree look to him, but he ignored me. Figured.

“But I told her already!” he exclaimed, pointing his finger towards me. Remind me to keep a knife in my room next time, okay? I need to chop off that finger really bad.

“I already told you the situation too.” I replied to Hoya, trying to blame the lack of information to his ignorant mind. Hoya waved his hand as if my explanation before was totally ridiculous and shouldn’t even been considered.

“I mean, other solution.” he frowned deeper. “Because the so called quest of true love is plain ridiculous.” he added firmly. Taemin looked really offended, and I actually started to enjoy the situation. Way to go, Oppa! I mean, Hoya. Oh, whatever.

“I told her already. There’s none.” he stated ignorantly. “She needs to find her true love. In fact, she should have found it by now. It’s been a long time already. Have you decided the guy, Jihye?” he threw the question to me. For a moment, I was speechless while the two guys looking at me impatiently as if I was some kid having trouble to find the answer for two plus two.

“Um, well. I’ve searched around.” I admitted, feeling extremely awkward discussing this kind of thing with my cousin.  He paid attention to me closely, and I continued.

“You know this guy; Sehun?” I asked the both of them. Taemin immediately made a wide smile, while Hoya, on the contrary, frowning really deep.

“Sehun? Sehun who?” he asked.

Cousin, if you don’t know a guy whom is your classmate and also live just next door, you are retarded.

“You know, Oh Sehun. I hang with him a lot. His room is just next to ours.” I explained sweetly. “And he’s really handsome.” I added unnecessarily. Hoya’s face darkened and Taemin shot him a strange look. The cupid’s mouth formed an o shape and gradually, a smirk found its way to his face. Hoya caught his expression and glared.

“What?” he barked. Taemin quickly flew further away, still smirking.

“Nothing.” he replied with a singing tone, carefully keeping the distance from my fierce cousin.

Seriously, grow up you two. And this cupid is useless. If I got his power I would be able to use it for something more useful, preferably changing Hoya into a dwarf so that he would not intimidate people anymore.

Or maybe I would change him into a pet for a day; or two. Shouldn’t be the agressive one like cat or dog. Maybe a rat, a white one so that he wouldn’t be too scary. I could hang him by the tail on the ceiling or trapped him in a small cage, and...

Focus, Jihye.

“Anyways, as I said, I have looked around, and considering that there’s not much guy worthy enough here,” Hoye threw me a glare hearing this but I continued bravely, “I had narrowed it down into only Sehun. I choose him. It’s him for me.”