Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

“Jihoon! What are you doing? Run faster!” Mr.Song, the PE teacher, blew his whistle my way while freaking yelling for me to run faster.

I tried, okay? I ran as hard as I could, but don’t blame me if I couldn’t compete with those savage creatures whose body created for this kind of hard physical exercise. My body was designed for unicorn, lollipop, and other sweet things, even if it looked ugly like those creatures running ahead of me.

And by the way, I could hear someone ran really close from behind, which meant someone had done one lap faster than I did.

Okay, embarrassing. Run faster, Jihye!

“Need help Jihoon?” Kai suddenly was already beside me, fast-walking while following my pace. It was clear that he mocked me for running so slow that his walking could be faster than me.

Screw him.

“Go away.” I muttered through gritted teeth.

“Why don’t you try to get rid of me then? Run faster.” he blinked his eyes several times, feigning innocence.

Taemin won this time. This guy clearly took the spot of the most annoying person for me at the moment.

“Go away, Kai.” I groaned. He laughed and patted my back.

“Okay, okay. Quit being hysteric.” he winked before running like lighting away from me. I bulged my eyes at him a little too late.

“I’m not hysteric, okay?” I shouted as hard as I could between the panting. Soon after, Mr.Song blew his whistle again.

“Park Jihoon!  What are you doing? Just run!” he commanded. I threw a discreet glance at him which I hoped he didn’t notice because it might earn me another lap. This teacher is so biased. Didn’t he see that guy mocking me first?

Focus, Jihye, you can do this. Just two more laps. One, two, one two…

“Are you alright?” a concerned voice was heard from beside me and I glanced to find Sehun was looking at me.

“Fabulous.” I smiled lazily. Sehun chuckled.

“Don’t push yourself. Just walk if you can’t run anymore.” he told me nicely. I looked at him in disbelief.

“And have that mad teacher blow his whistle on my ear? No way.” I shook my head, frightened by the thought. He chuckled again hearing that.

“Have it your way then. Good luck!” he smiled before dashing ahead of me. I stared at his distant figure, wondering. This guy is good looking, good at sports, and good at study. Plus he liked me.

He is a good candidate.

And the most important thing is he is nice. Unlike that guy, Kai. Huh.

“Hi, Jihoon! Sleepwalking?” I heard that annoying voice from behind me and saw Kai had been in front of me a second later, smirking. Mr.Song blew his whistle madly this time.

“Park Jihoon! Run! Will you? Kai had passed you two times!” he shouted out loud, earning some chuckles from the boys.

No way.

_____

 

Three. Four. Two. Ugh, doesn’t count. Two. Five. Eight.

“What are you doing?” Kai’s face suddenly blocked my view. Did I grade him as eight? No, scratch that. I wasn’t thinking straight. He is a zero. Big round zero.

“Standing.” I answered flatly. Three. Four. Does this school not have any decent guy at all?

“I can see that. But why are you giving those guys creepy stares? They looked frightened.” Kai chuckled. I glared at him. What creepy stares? I was merely observing.

It had been two weeks since that irresponsible cupid had given me a mission to find  a guy and (I tried hard to not thinking this part) kiss them, and I had determined to just follow his command and end this madness. My first step was standing on the hallway, observing the guys to find one which decent enough to be my lucky other half, after the nightmare PE class.

And this Kai guy just had to stand on my way.

“I didn’t.” I replied shortly, kept observing the guys. Five. Two. Ugh, no. Oh, that guy is not bad. Six. Two. Nine…

“What are you guys doing?” Sehun stood in front of me, joining Kai.

I unconsciously stared at his face. I just gave him a nine and I didn’t regret it. Good step.

“This Jihoon here was giving the guys creepy stares, and I was asking him what he was doing.” Kai answered for me annoyingly.

“I said I didn’t, Kai.” I rolled my eyes.

“Let’s go to the cafetaria. The others are there already.” Kai announced, motioning for me and Sehun to follow him. I got off from the wall I leaned on lazily. Maybe this is no use. I had been observing for almost one week, and the only decent guys I found were the one I hang out with often. Minus Kai, of course. Because he was only good in outer appearance. And maybe Chanyeol and Baekhyun too, since I didn’t need some childish prankster guy to be my boyfriend no matter how good looking they were. Hell no.

So it left Sehun, Suho, and D.O. Nine, eight, and eight.

Except the last two don’t even know that Jihye exists and not even really close with Jihoon so maybe they are off the list.

So that left me with Sehun.

I discreetly glanced at his handsome feature, his ignorance look, his tall body.

For some strange reasons, I didn’t mind at all.

_____

 

It had been two weeks, and Howon Oppa paid this room no visit at all. It was true that he showed up in class after his continuous absence on my first days, but we didn’t interact at all, and I still had this room all for myself.

I don’t mind at all. No. It’s just strange.

And speaking of no visit, I was reminded of Taemin who really kept his word and paid me no visit at all after announcing that I wouldn’t need him except if I already decided the guy I had interest on.

Basically, he forbade me to call him if it wasn’t to tell him my choice.

As if I really want to call him. Meh.

The only thing I need from him was turning me back into a girl which he was still unable to do. So I don’t need you, Taemin. Not at all.

Grumbling, I climbed to my bed, preparing to call Hyoyeon before going to bed.

Suddenly, there were knocks on the door.

“Who is it?” I called out, frowning. I rarely had visit this time of night. I rarely had visit at all actually, since it was also Howon Oppa’s room and everyone was frightened with that so called scoundrel Hoya.

There was silence following my question. I stared at the door, hesitated. Is Kai or the two pranksters playing with me again? They should have known better rather than replaying the same prank on me.

There were knocks again, and I rolled my eyes.

It must be one of the three guys, or the three of them together.

“Okay, stop it, Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, whoever you are. It’s not funny, and I’m sleepy now. Go away.” I groaned.

The knocks made a move to the window.

This is seriously not funny.

I climbed down from my bed and rushed to the window angrily.

“Baekhyun, if you do it again I would throw a worm at you!” I yelled out while opening the curtain. Exposed to me was the big tree, looking scary on the night darkness, but there were no sign of anyone at all. I quickly pulled the curtain closed again, frightened. This school is seriously no good for my heart health.

I turned around to go to bed again, but there was someone sitting on Howon Oppas’ bed and my heart nearly stopped.

It was a girl, with pale face, long hair, and red dress.

God, please just take my life away now. I don’t need my life taken by some scary ghost.

“Shush, don’t scream.” she said, putting her finger to her pale lips. Her voice sounded strange, as if it was echoed.

She didn’t need to say that. I literally lost all my ability to speak.

The girl stood up and took one step toward me, and I took three steps backward. She stared at me, amused, and then let out a creepy laugh. Let me tell you, it was real creepy.

“A scaredy cat, aren’t you?” she said, her eyes twinkled with something red.

God, help me.