One New Buddy, One Lost Friend

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing:

Yeahokieval

hobopabo

Stories4u

happytaemint

BaeYR19

fallenwish12

 

And thank you so much for the votes! ^^

 


 

“Now tell me, Baekhyun, what is wrong with you?” Chanyeol asked with a half hurt-half concerned tone after Baekhyun offered to take my meal for me. They were already looking strangely at him when he pulled a chair for me to seat. Apparently, his closest friend couldn’t hold it in anymore at the second extremely weird nice gesture.

“What?” he asked defensively, throwing a look to the creeper before leaving to take the chicken and fries I ordered. Chanyeol frowned with slightly pouting lips. No wonder. Baekhyun wouldn’t even get him a single candy, and now he offered me a seat and a full course of meal.

“Seriously, did you get something on him?” Kyungsoo asked; his lips were curved into a mischievous smirk. Beside me I could hear Suho’s amused chuckle, as if he was dealing with some immature kids. The remaining two, however, didn’t put a single reaction. Sehun was focusing on his food, carefully not looking my way. I wouldn’t blame him though, considering that I kissed him just the day before. I was already surprised that he was willing to seat at the same table with me, to be honest.

But I couldn’t say the same thing about Kai. I frowned at him stirring the chocolate shake just across of my seat; his eyes dazed at the glass, watching the swirling movement. This guy hadn’t said a word to me since the morning at class. How rude. I didn’t ask him to peep on me kissing Sehun, so why wouldn’t he act a little bit mature and just pretend that he didn’t see anything? The others didn’t find difficulty pretended that way. And honestly, so what if I really was a gay? What a narrow-minded-homophobia-loser. And he said he was my friend. Meh. Whatever. Do whatever you want, manwhore. I don’t need you, anyway.

Baekhyun arrived beside me with my order and gently put the tray right at my table. Chanyeol’s expression was darkened even more when his ‘lover’ accepted my gratitude with a wink. Seriously, a wink.

This guy is an idiot.

Much to his surprise, I replied his disgusting attempt to flirt with a murderous glare, before casually saying the magic words.

“I think I need to call Taemin tonight.” I casually said. Contrary with my casual tone, the effect was extremely dramatic. I watched with a satisfied smile as the blood slowly leaving Baekhyun’s face and his eyes widened ridiculously until they almost matched Kyungsoo’s size. He got up from his seat as if he was sitting on an electric chair and quickly threw a horror expression at me.

“I’ll get you a strawberry shake.” he shrieked.

“Make it chocolate.” I cheerfully added to his retreating panicked figure. My gaze fell at Kai’s drink and I immediately changed my mind. There’s no way I’m having the same drink as him. “I want cola, Baekhyun!” I shouted to match his distance. Baekhyun quickly nodded without even glancing back. And he didn’t even ask me for the money.

Interesting. I would have let him known long time before if I knew it would be this fun.

_____

 

The night before.

 

“Park Jihye?” he asked, unsure. After all he only met me at the cake shop months ago and briefly when I entered this room after the ball. But he threw his gaze at the t-shirt again, thinking hard. “It’s Jihoon’s t-shirt, right? I remember. I folded it myself. So, how come-”

He gazed at me again, frowning, desperate to put the pieces of puzzle together. His eyes fell to the key in my hand, and that was when his eyes widened more with realization.

“The list.” he suddenly said. “You wrote them. But that means..”

I sighed exasperatedly. This night just couldn’t be any worse, could it?

“Let’s just go inside, okay?” I commanded him. Baekhyun didn’t protest at the command. He didn’t react at the too much familiarity in my tone. He didn’t even react to the fact that I, Park Jihye, just offered him an access to the supposedly Jihoon’s room with a key in my possession. In fact, he didn’t show much reaction at all instead of gaping stupidly while following me into the room.

I sat on the bed, and Baekhyun, followed by my warning stare, chose a seat on the study table instead. He stared at me with a confused expression, demanding an explanation on the absurd situation.

“I did make the list. And I live in this room. I’m Park Jihoon.” I said without a pause, hoping to decrease the possibility of him getting a shock like Hoya did. It would be too much of a bother to take care of his body if he suddenly got a heart attack in my room when he was alone with me. However, Baekhyun didn’t show too much hint of surprise. He accepted it rather calmly, even. He still sat there, gawking foolishly at my statement.

“You are Jihoon?” he asked, pointing at me.

Have I said that I hate people pointing at me? I have, right?

“Haven’t I said so?” I snarled, momentarily forgetting that I was in a girl form, hence I supposed to act like a true girl. Baekhyun wasn’t seem to be offended though. Maybe I snarled at him too often before.

“But, you disguised as a guy everyday? But that can’t be. Jihoon is definitely a guy. His feature..” he stopped, scanning at my body in doubt. I had to resist the urge to throw a pillow at him so bad. What was he thinking anyway? Staring openly at a girl’s body?

“You are fooling me, right? Jihoon is planning this with you because we accused him as a girl!” he accused, pointing his finger again at me. Don’t-point-your-finger-at-me-idiot. Guys seriously have no manner at all.

I examined Baekhyun’s doubtful expression, sighing. This is going to take all day to tell this slow-minded guy the truth.

“Taeby?” I called out at last. “Taeby, I need to talk to you.”

My eyes scanned the entire room, searching for any hint of his presence. For the first time, Baekhyun seemed anxious. He threw a jittery gaze at me and shifted on his chair, trying to take as much space as possible from me.

“What are you doing? Who are you calling?” he bombarded, following me scanning the room. I ignored him and kept calling.

“Taeby? Seriously, this is urgent.” I called out again desperately. For a moment, we sat still there in the silence, waiting. Baekhyun gazed at me as if I was crazy, ready to leave the room for his own safety. And that was when Taemin kindly decided to show his presence.

“Seriously Jihye, you need to stop revealing your secret, or else you won’t find any guys left in the world suited to be your soulmate.” he nagged. Baekhyun let out a creepy shriek; abruptly trying to get up and ended up falling on the floor. I wouldn’t blame him though. That insensitive cupid just had to decide to show up on the desk, right beside the poor guy. Taemin stared at him with pity, offering his little hand to help him get up. But Baekhyun ignored him. In fact, it seemed like he had lost all his ability to react to anything.

“There’s no problem. I don’t have any plan to be with him anyway.” I replied casually, still staring at the speechless Baekhyun on the floor. Meanwhile, Taemin had stopped his effort to help Baekhyun got up and just let him sat on the floor instead.

“But he could tell people. And there goes your chance to be with Kai. This one has a big mouth.” Taemin protested, completely ignoring that the one he talked about was listening and now glaring at him with all the remnant courage he had.

“Stop talking about Kai.” I said lazily to the pouting cupid. “And Baekhyun wouldn’t tell anyone, would he? He knew that if he tell anyone you wouldn’t have a chance unless to change him into an animal. Right, Baekhyun?” I made sure to him, smiling sweetly. It seemed like all the blood had left Baekhyun’s face. He stared at me with a terrified expression and trembling lips, struggling to arrange his words.

“Change me into what?” he managed to ask; his voice rose up by one octave. I hid my triumphant smile and stared back at him with a feigned serious expression.

“Into an animal.” I repeated. “It’s forbidden to reveal a cupid’s secret. Oh, and he is a cupid. Taemin.” I said, and Taemin waved cheerfully from his spot, causing Baekhyun to shiver pitifully. “The form of animal is varied, depends on the person itself. The last person turned into an ant, and he died immediately, being stepped by his own friend. I wonder what you would turn into.” I pretended to ponder while eyeing him critically. “Maybe a rabbit.” I commented, putting my hand on my chin.

“No, a pig suits him more.” Taemin laughed. “And then he could end up as bacon.” he added again, grinning. Baekhyun’s face had turned completely white at that rate. He stared at me pleadingly, as if I was the one suggesting turning him into a food.

“Please. I won’t tell anyone.” he sat on his knees; his hands clasped together. Taemin and I were silent for a moment, until Taemin broke it with his smirk. I could tell that he was enjoying the situation. After all, it wasn’t often that someone would actually be scared of him.

“Then you better keep your mouth shut.” he said, smiling angelically. “And we will tell you the entire story.”

_____

 

As I see Baekhyun pacing back to the table, bringing my cola, I could see that telling the whole story to Baekhyun was indeed a good idea. Maybe I could actually use him to help me find a new guy. All Hoya actually did was nagging at me without actually helping, no offence. Now that I had Baekhyun in my hand, I should decide between Suho or Kyungsoo. Or maybe I should try fixing my eyes on other guys in other schools. Because this school only contained of worthless guys, it seemed.

“I swear you have something on him. It’s not the usual Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said with a sour face, bringing me back from my daze. I simply shrugged. There was no use to argue with a jealous boy. I would gain nothing from that. So I calmly sipped the cola under his unpleasant stare, with Baekhyun tagging closely beside me.

“Hey, how about watching movies together? What do you think Jihy-, I mean Jihoon?” he quickly corrected himself under my burning stare. Too late. Sehun’s head jerked up towards us hearing his last sentence, furrowing. I stared back at him bravely, challenging him to ask anything, but he decided to shift his gaze away from us without saying any words.  

“So, who wants to watch this Saturday?” Baekhyun asked again awkwardly. I still gave him a murderous glare. Telling him was indeed fun and all, but I was an idiot for thinking he would actually be helping. I should have known, this guy never used his brain. He even tried to suggest me to kiss him as soon as he recovered from his shock after meeting Taemin. So you see what I mean, right? Brainless.

“I’m in.” Chanyeol quickly said.

“So, me, Jihoon, and Chanyeol. Anyone else?” Baekhyun counted. Excuse me, who ever said anything about me going with you and the creeper?

“I’ll pass.” Kai suddenly decided to kindly sounding off his voice. The others ignored him, being used to him always unavailable every Saturday. But I gazed at him fiercely.

“And why is that?” I said, trying to sound as calm as possible. Kai shrugged casually; obviously also tried, and failed, to be like his usual self. His usual safe wouldn’t shrug. He would brag about him being in a date, or say that he would tag along while swinging his arm around my shoulders.

But this Kai just shrugged with an unapparent smile. “I have something to do.” he claimed before giving his attention back to his chocolate shake.

I frowned at him, unsatisfied.

“And what is that?” I demanded again. Kai chuckled lightly, and for a moment I had thought that he already changed back to normal. I even almost smiled at him.

“What is this? An interrogation?” he asked back, successfully wiping off the smile from my face. Grumbling, I shifted my attention from him without answering him at all to Suho who just declared that he couldn’t go.

“So just the three of us?” Baekhyun asked lazily. “You just made yourself a third-wheel , Yeol!” he laughed at his friend. The five guys shot him a what-the-hell look and he quickly faked a cough, flustered by his own stupidity.

Grow some brain, Baekhyun. Please.

“You aren’t coming too?” I asked Sehun bravely on the walk back to the dorm. The others were walking in front, and I had deliberately walked slower to match his pace.

“Yeah.” Sehun said shortly. I sighed. This is going to be awkward.

“Is it because of me? I’m really sorry, Sehun. I was out of line yesterday. I would understand if you were mad. But I’m truly sorry.” I apologized sincerely.

Sehun didn’t answer directly. He kept walking with his face facing forward; but he still walked by my side, so I guess that was a good sign.

“It’s okay.” he said finally. “I’m not saying that I wasn’t exasperated by- that. I still am. I won’t question why you did that. I don’t even want to know myself. But you’re still my friend. So if we both pretended yesterday didn’t happen I guess we’re good.” he added, unsure.

“It won’t happen again.” I promised him. “And I don’t want to bring the matter up again too.” I quickly added. Hell no. I’d rather kill myself than having a heart to heart talk on why I would kiss someone from the same gender. Sehun chuckled softly hearing my rushed answer.

“To be honest, I even almost forget about it last night.” he said. “Something really consumed my mind. I was rejected by her.” he smiled sadly.

“Jihye is really sorry. She really is, trust me.” I ensured him. Sehun frowned at my confident remark.

“And how could you know about that?” he asked. I stuttered at his question. I just can’t stop my big mouth, can I? Maybe being with the likes of Taemin and Baekhyun had its own effect on me.

“She told me.” I said nervously. “We are close, remember?”

Sehun didn’t reply. Instead, he kept his gaze at my face, making me extremely nervous. To my relief, he took off his gaze and mumbled.

“Really?” he said. I enthusiastically nodded, and Sehun didn’t say anything again after that. We walked in silent until we reached Sehun’s room, in where the others were gathering while Suho searched for his key.

“I think I’ll just go back to my room.” I said to Sehun and walked back to my own room. From the corner of my eyes I caught Kai glancing at us with a frown. He smoothened his forehead quickly when he noticed my gaze and entered Sehun and Suho’s room ahead of the others without giving me a second glance.