Awkward

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing:

KevinLi_Kris

JHjjang

luhaanne95

EEXOtics

Ahneecahkim

MsAthena1992


 

You know what usually happened in the dramas? When on the most crucial timing someone had to and spoiled the moment completely and you felt like wanting to kick away the intruder?

Because that was precisely what I felt when I saw this annoying guy who stood in front of us, completely unaware of what he just ruined. He shifted his gaze from Sehun with a bit hint of surprise when he noticed me.

“Coffee girl! You are here too?”

_____

If you expected I would bark ‘I have a name’ to him, well, you were wrong because it most probably would ruin my image in front of Sehun. Not now. Not when I need him so bad.

So I turned my head lazily from him after giving a tiny smile. Kai smiled back before shifting his gaze back to Sehun.

“Did you see Jihoon? I don’ see him anywhere.” he asked Sehun with a disappointed frown. Sehun shrugged with not less disappointment from being ed just a moment ago.

“Have you tried calling him?” he asked at last, to which Kai responded with a nod.

“He turned off his phone.” he said. “Hey,” he called out, turning his attention to me. “So you attend this school?”

Of course. You saw me with my uniform the first time we met, idiot.

“Yes.” I half-lied. Well, practically I will be back to this school as soon as I get Sehun to kiss me. It shouldn’t take long.

“Do you know, er- who was their name again? Jessica, or Hyoyeon?” he threw a mischievous glance to Sehun while mentioning the last name, referring to the fact that Hyoyeon claimed to be the best friend of Sehun’s crush.

“Yes, Hyoyeon is my best friend.” I replied, emphasizing the last three words. Now if he got just a tiny bit of brain he would run off from the scene immediately to give me and Sehun more space. “And I’m friend with Jessica.” I added again, casually. But Kai wasn’t listening to my last sentence. It seemed like he was busy digesting my first statement. He stared at me seriously, and then to Sehun, and then examined my face again, and at last his mouth created an ‘o’ shape.

Finally, took a while.

“Well, you do resemble Jihoon very much.” he grinned, glancing meaningfully to Sehun.

“I’m sorry. Jihoon who?” I asked politely, pretending to be oblivious. Kai shook his head, still grinning.

“Just a friend of us.” he replied shortly. “Now, I shouldn’t bug you two for so long. Just continue with what you two were doing, okay?” he patted Sehun’s shoulder with a very-very naughty smirk.

“And tell Jihoon I look for him if you see him!” he shouted while walking backward, waving his hands at us. Sehun simply nodded as an answer. Kai grinned again, turning back, and then left from our sight.

I was left with Sehun, and again, it was quiet between us.

The party started to become livelier with more couples getting down to the dance floor. The girls wore pretty dresses and more make up than usual, and the boys dressed very carefully. They looked happy no matter how terrible their partner danced. There was lot of laugh and the cheerful atmosphere spread through the air. I had to admit it looked like they were having a lot fun.

And sadly, I also had to admit it was the total opposite with me and Sehun. The longer we dragged the silent between us, I could sense the more we became timid and uncomfortable with each other.

I can’t keep it going like this.

I was just swinging my head towards him and about to blurt anything to start the conversation when Sehun beat me to it.

“Should I get you a drink?” he asked. I closed my mouth again with disappointment. More drink meant more silent time between us.

“Yes, please.” I answered tiredly. Sehun made a timid smile before leaving to get drink for me, or maybe the both of us, I don’t know. I leaned to the wall alone like some wall decoration, completely regretting my decision to come there. If I knew it was going to turn out like this, I would rather just sleep in my room instead.

“Jihye?” someone said, and I gazed up again for the third time that day to see my new ‘companion’. My lips were raised up into a happy smile when I found out who it was.

“Hyoyeon!” I yelled in joy. We were jumping like little kids for a while, celebrating our reunion, completely ignoring the strange look people gave us.

“How dare you not telling me that you will come here.” Hyoyeon preached after the joy faded. I kept my happy grin though. I was so close to die from boredom if she hadn’t showed up.

“Sorry. I forgot.” I answered honestly. Hyoyeon bulged her eyes at me.

“Forgot? Wow. Just, wow.” she replied in disbelief while I grinned sheepishly.

“Sorry.” I said again, and this time succeeded on earning her smile.

“Er, Jihye, here’s your drink.” Sehun had stood awkwardly beside Hyoyeon. I received the drink awkwardly, mumbling thank you while I knew Hyoyeon was putting an extremely happy face looking at me and Sehun.

“Hi! Oh Sehun, right?” Hyoyeon greeted cheerfully with sparkling eyes. She then shifted her attention to me with a meaningful smile.

“So you were together?”she grinned. Me and Sehun shook our heads shyly in unison, making Hyoyeon laugh.

“If not, so why would you get her a drink? Silly.” she teased. Sehun could only smile weakly.

“Looks like you got a company. I should go, then.” he mumbled. Hyoyeon widened her eyes in surprise and quickly shook her head.

“No, no! I was about to go.” he ensured Sehun, but Sehun insisted.

“No. I got something else to do.” he said, and then shifted his gaze at me, this time smiling sincerely. “It was really nice meeting you. I hope we will meet again someday.” he blurted fast and then practically ran off from the scene before I even managed to say anything.

“So,” Hyoyeon glanced at me slowly with a teasing tone. “Not really anti-boys lately, I see?”

I laughed and shrugged ignorantly at her question.

“Who knows?” I answered, smiling. “Probably.”

_____

 

I ran as far as I could back to the dorm, still wearing my gown. It was already two in the morning and Hoya warned me specifically to be back before twelve. Meh. Who did he think I was? Cinderella?

Anyway, he definitely would rage and it would be scary.

If only Hyoyeon would let me go earlier. Never mind, I hope Hoya would be sleeping already.

I entered the dorm’s gate sneakily, careful to not let anyone saw me. The dorm was drop dead silent. Maybe they are all sleeping already, thank God. I fastened my pace and arrived in my building in no time. Still, no one was in sight.

“What are you doing here?” said a voice behind me and my heart literally stopped breathing. I swung my head to see who caught me and saw Taemin in a human form wearing yellow shirt and dark colored jeans. His grin reached his ears seeing my reaction.

“Boo.” he teased, and I was this close to smack that grin off his face.

“Taemin, you scared me to death!” I hissed. “And what are you doing in that form anyway?”

“I was observing you in the party.” he pouted. “And you and Sehun were terrible. Both of you practically haven’t made any progress. What are you doing being out for four hours?”

“Well, I was with him for barely thirty minutes and with Hyoyeon for the rest.” I replied. “Don’t blame me. That guy could barely see me in the eyes.” I continued defensively.

“Like you are any better.” Taemin scoffed. “Sehun has kept his one sided love for two years. Being shy is expected from him. And you? You are in dire need to get a lover now yet you couldn’t even create a conversation with him.” he shook his head annoyingly.

“It’s supposed to be his job.” I pouted. Really, this cupid has never been in my side, has he? “And whatever, it’s not like he needs to kiss me. It’s Jihoon he needs to kiss.” I shrugged, continued walking through the hallway. There was no reply from Taemin and I glanced to him in confusion only to find that he was already gone.

“Great. Just leave. I don’t need you.” I grumbled to myself and attempted to open my room’s door. It wasn’t locked.

Bad news. Hoya is awake.

On second thought, it might be better if Taemin was still here. Damn.

I contemplated in front of the door, scared. What should I do now? Should I just wait in my own house until morning? Nah, he would be angrier that way.

Should I just face him? But he is scary.

While I was standing there, there were voices of guys’ murmurs approaching and I quickly opened the door without second thought and flung myself inside.

If only I knew that it was too late and four pairs of eyes already witnessed that Jihye just entered Jihoon’s room.

 

_____

 

I woke up the next morning with deep dark circles under my eyes. Damn that Hoya, does he need to preach that much? Geez. Rubbing my eyes, I opened the door to face Sehun’s cold face and the unusually awkward Kai.

“Come on, Sehun. This is unnecessary.” Kai urged, but quickly shut up when he saw me. I raised an eyebrow. What’s happening here?

“Jihoon, you like Hyoyeon, don’t you?” Sehun asked me with cold tone, his eyes scarily pierced into mine. I raised my brows higher. What is this? Is he turning to Hyoyeon from me?

“Very much. But if you like her too-” I tried to answer but never managed to finish my words because right after I said that, Sehun swung his fist and crushed me onto the floor.