The Red-Dressed Girl

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you so much for subscribing: ^^

Roseclear

Alice_loveNiel

FeiLunHaiLuver

courtneydav

Kyeonhae


 

It was 9 o’clock when I heard the knock on the door. I jerked up my head. Is it Howon Oppa? Nah. He wouldn’t knock. He would barge inside. It’s his room anyway.

Hesitating, I got up from my bed and headed to the door. I opened the door to find a chilly wind blowing inside the room, but no one was in sight. I closed the door again, grumbling. Was that just a sound of the wind that caused the sound of knocking? It was a windy night and it happened a lot before. The door was just so unladed that any kind of voice would be really soundly from inside.

I climbed up to my space of bed again. My wig was already put on my head perfectly.  I had to admit, Taemin did a good job choosing the wig. If only he would show up again after dropping me on this school, I would have given him more point. But no, he left me in this terrible place and completely vanished from my life. It’s been three days and he paid me not one visit. That irresponsible cupid.

“Taemin?” I tried, whispering. Only doing it made me feel really stupid. Good thing Suho was right and Howon Oppa really never set his foot on this room again. I rarely even saw him in class. Basically, I had this room all for myself.

“Taemin, I need to talk.” I tried again. The sound of the wind blowing outside the window answered me instead. I sighed. This is no use. If he really wanted to come he would come right away. He always did that before.

Pouted, I glanced at the clock. It was 9.10 pm. For these past three days, I would always try to call Hyoyeon after 10 pm but being the sleepy head she was, her phone was always dead at that time. I stared at the phone, hesitated. Should I just try to just message her instead? But that felt not right. Besides, she might try to call me after receiving the message and I wouldn’t be able to answer the call because of my guy voice.

Sighing, I put down the phone again, and just right at the moment, someone pulled the door handle and I stared at the door, expecting to see Howon Oppa coming in. But whoever it was outside released the door handle and the door was still again.

I felt shiver ran down my body. It’s getting a little bit scary.

Holding my breath, I walked slowly to the door and opened it slightly. I waited for a moment as if waiting for something big to happen and then peeked outside. It was just an empty corridor and no one was there. Not even one single person walked on the corridor. Guess everyone chose to be under their blankets on this chilly night.

I glanced to the clock again. It was 9.15 pm. I hesitated. Is it worth the risk, checking on the situation when about 45 minutes again I would turn back into a girl?

Slowly, I dragged my feet back into the room and was about to close the door again when there was a voice of footsteps approaching. I instantly froze, and my hand stopped halfway from closing the door. The footsteps sounded nearer, but somehow it didn’t sound normal. It was more like... dragged. As if anyone out there walking here has a different way of walking.

I watched wide varieties of horror movies before. It’s like my habit watching them at least once a week. So, when I heard that kind of sound, my mind was suddenly formed an image of a very creative form of creature dragging her body towards me, and I, shuddered, slammed the door closed and practically ran to the safety under my blanket, trembling.

_____

 

“It’s the red-dressed girl.” Kai said seriously when I told him about the incident the night before. I was just asking Sehun if he heard anything weird last night when Kai butted in and forced me to give him the full story. I raised an eyebrow hearing his response.

“Who is that?” I asked skeptically. I had a pretty perfect picture of what he was going to tell me. The name itself was kinda obvious.

“She was a girlfriend of a student here.” he explained with a horror tone. “Rumor said she had done everything. And by that, I mean, giving anything, to her boyfriend.” he added with a meaningful look.  Without meaning to, I glanced at him anxiously.

“You mean...”

“She had been seen going in and out from the boy’s room numerous times.” Kai nodded, confirming my thought.

“What happened, then?” I asked again. Kai shrugged.

“You might have predicted it. The boy cheated and broken up with her. She, couldn’t let go of him, decided to commit suicide by jumping out from the window of the boy’s dorm. She died instantly with a terrible condition. Her bones were dislocated here and there, and her white dress which she wore the day he jumped had soaked completely red with blood. Since then, students said she showed up many times, dragging her body with her creepy way to walk along the corridor at night.” Kai ended.

“And you believe that stupid rumor?” I looked at him with contempt. “Good story by the way. I’ve seen it on horror movies many times.” I smirked, and started to walk to my seat, losing my interest. The red-dressed girl? Seriously? If she really existed then nobody would be left in that dorm anymore.

“You don’t believe me?” Kai gaped.

Obviously. You are the last person I would believe. After Taemin.

“It sounds like a horror story which always exists in every school.” I shrugged.

“Suit yourself then.” he grinned. “Because I was about to tell you that her ex used to live in your room. I’m relieved you aren’t terrified.” he ended before walking back to his seat, whistling.

I gave him a disturbed look. Seriously, I might look like a guy, but my brain still works like girls’. There’s no way I would believe that kind of story. Especially a story being told by a guy like Kai. Meh.

By that time, the teacher entered the class, and soon the class began. I automatically glanced at Howon Oppa’s empty desk. He’s absent again.

_____

 

I walked back from the bathroom after washing my face. It was a chilly windy night again. Some guys walked passed, chatting heartily, before disappeared into their own room. I left alone again, on that long corridor.

Kai’s story rang on my ear and I fastened my pace, suddenly feeling the shiver. I got angrier by every step I took.  That dumb guy. Making me being paranoid like this. I’m sure it was his intention. It must be a prank or something.

I slowed my pace again, comforting myself. List number 7, guys have no logic. They might believe that kind of old story but I would not fall for that. Even a guy like Sehun seemed undisturbed by Kai’s story, so why should I?

Getting my confidence regained, I walked normally again, relaxively drying my face with the small towel I brought. I was just reaching Sehun and Suho’s door when I took off the towel from my face, and by the time I did that, a glimpse of something red was moving at the end of the corridor. I stopped instantly, reorganizing my mind. What was that? It seemed like a red fabric.

The red-dressed girl.

I mentally facepalmed myself for thinking about Kai’s story again, and then feigning calm, walked to my own room and closed the door with a slightly trembling hand. I panted hard, and then shifted my gaze to Howon Oppa’s empty bed. For the first time I had hoped he was always available in the dorm, but no. He was rarely in sight.

9.20 p.m. I wore the wig and adjusted it perfectly on my head. Still feeling a little bit paranoid, I turned away from the mirror and faced the suddenly looking extra big room. My gaze turned to the window and I trembled slightly. Was that the window the girl fell from or was it another window?

At the realization I mentally facepalmed myself again. What was I doing, falling on that guy’s trap? Ghosts don’t exist. The overflowing ego cupid is already too much too handle. The ghosts could rest in peace.

Nodding bravely on my own logic, I approached my bed to get a good night sleep. But suddenly the door handle was being pulled roughly and the door flung open, allowing the wind to enter the room.

I froze in my place, about two meters away from the door. Slowly, I approached the door and slammed it closed. It must be my own fault for not locking the door and the wind was just being crazy and flung it open. Yeah, that must be it. There’s no other explanation.

At that very moment there was a creepy sound of laugh outside the window and I froze again, this time more helplessly. It couldn’t be a laugh. I’m on second floor. It must be the wind or the tree’s branch scraping the window’s glass or something.

The laugh sound came again and I literally ran out from my room and went straight to Sehun and Suho’s room and knocked on it abruptly.

Sehun opened the door, looking annoyed.

“What is it?” he asked, frowning. But I didn’t bother to answer him and just ran to the safety of the room instead with Suho watching, gaping at me.

“Did you hear that?” I asked nervously.

“Hear what?” Suho frowned.

“The laugh.” I shuddered and then shifted my gaze to Sehun. “You know, I think Kai was right. She’s haunting on me these two days.” I said helplessly. Sehun chuckled, extremely amused.

“Come on, Jihoon. You believe him?” he raised an eyebrow while Suho snickered on his bed.

“So can you explain that voice I was hearing? And my door was opened by itself for God’s sake.” I almost screamed. The two guys were just looking at me very amusedly and just then there was a shriek outside the window.

“You heard that?” I said, more excited than scared for being able to proof my story. Without words Suho opened the window to check and an angry voice was heard from outside.

“Baekhyun! Chanyeol! What are you doing at this hour climbing the tree and making noise like that!” a teacher shouted and I joined Suho and Sehun watching in disbelief as Baekhyun and Chanyeol climbed down the tree, grumbling, nudging each other.

Sehun shifted his glance at me while Suho was still engaged in watching the show below, snickering.

“I think they were your ghost.” he chuckled.