Jihoon; the Girly Guy

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing:

TrollDerpyUnicorns

Eminspirit

shinix

hunhoney

gdlovesme

Sheyla_S

Lildevilxoxo

 

And this might be late, but thanks for those who voted. I really appreaciate it. ^^


 

Baekyun made his way to Sehun’s and Suho’s room  hurriedly, knowing that the other guys would gather there after being hushed by Jihoon. He entered the room dramatically; Jihoon’s book was in his hand.

“Hey, guys. I found something weird.” he announced, almost exclaiming. The guys were late to react as they have learned to not take Baekhyun too seriously, but Baekhyun apparently wasn’t waiting for their reaction either. He approached them closer and practically dragged Suho down from his own bed to make him gather around his new discovery.

“And what is this about?” Kyungsoo asked, annoyed. Baekhyun just turned his laptop off because Kyungsoo refused to listen to him. Now, thanks to Baekhyun’s effort, all six guys were sitting in a circle with him as the centre of attention.

“I borrowed Jihoon’s book, and-” he began, but got cut off by Chanyeol.

“So you’ve turned to Jihoon now? What’s in my notebook that you find unsatisfying?” Chanyeol said, feigning hurt. Baekhyun threw him a dirty look, completely annoyed being cut off during his important news.

“A neat handwriting, that is. I can hardly read yours.” he insulted, earning a smack of pillow from the taller guy. Baekhyun simply shoved away the pillow, and then made a serious face again.

“That wasn’t the point. Anyways, guess what I found in his book?” he exclaimed scandalously.

“Something related to erted stuff?” Kyungsoo guessed, grinning. Baekhyun shook his head and groaned, clearly irritated that the conversation wasn’t going the way he had planned.

“No, I wasn’t talking about Kai. See it for yourself.” he said at last, taking out the note he found from the book to display it to the curious five eyes. They were silent when they read the list, until Kai broke it with his laughter.

“Who in the world would have made this ridiculous list? This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen and I friend with Baekhyun and Chanyeol.” he laughed, scanning through the list with an amused expression.

“Number two speaks for you, Kai.” Chanyeol replied calmly.

“And the rest suits you the best.” Kai attacked back, smirking.

“And who wouldn’t care about appearance. This girl who wrote this is being hypocritical.” Kyungsoo jeered at the list.

“Yeah, she is helpless. Men are dangerous? I can give you a full list of girl’s names who can give a brand new definition of the word dangerous.” Kai mocked.

“But she crossed some of the numbers. Seems like she had a change of heart lately.” Sehun smiled.

“I don’t know. I’m stuck with her saying that men are crude. Very offensive.” Suho chuckled, shaking his head on the list.

“It’s not a she though.” Baekhyun said, satisfied with the response he got; or better said, the list got. His friends turned their heads towards him, frowning.

“Meaning?” Kai was the first to ask. Baekhyun put Jihoon’s notebook to the middle for his friends to see. “It’s Jihoon. See the handwriting. It’s the same.”

The silence which followed Baekhyun’s statement was so intense that it was almost ridiculous the amount of contrast compared to the situation before.

“But why would he do that?” Kyungsoo whispered, as if worried that somebody might hear their conversation. His wide eyes widened even more whilst he compared the handwriting in the list and in the notebook. He couldn’t find anything to oppose that the writer of guy-hating list was Jihoon. The handwriting was identical; it couldn’t be two different people having the same handwriting.

A silence followed Kyungsoo’s question. No one was able to offer their theory to explain the situation. Because which guy would take the hardship to list his own version of the bad side of guys in such condescending way?

“Hey, I know it sounds ridiculous, but,” Kai began, his eyes clearly showed his nervousness, “don’t you think it’s possible that Jihoon is actually a girl?”

Kai waited to his friends’ awing expression, waiting for their reaction to the thing that had bugged him quite long now. The initial reaction, however, was quite the opposite of what he had expected.

“Yes, it is ridiculous.” Suho laughed.

“Come on, Kai. Jihoon would be fuming if he heard that. Of course, sometimes he has a little girlish temper and attitude, has a quite feminine feature, but he is a guy for sure. This is a guy’s school Kai. What did you expect? A girl being here?” he shook his head.

“But it might not be impossible as well, though. You know, there are many stories about a girl faking themselves as a guy and enter guy’s territory, be it school or whatever. It’s not totally impossible!” Baekhyun said excitedly.

“Yes, not impossible. In dramas.” Sehun commented flatly, furrowed by his friends’ outrageous idea.

“And he was being weird just a moment ago, right? In the game.” Chanyeol suddenly said, as if he just thought of it. “He said to you, you are the guy. That totally implied as if he was not one.”

“Yeah, and just a moment ago, all of us were generous enough to accept that as a joke.” Suho quickly replied.

“And he is extremely bad in sport.” Kai butted in.

“Well since when that being bad in sport equals being a girl? What do you take Kyungsoo for?” this time Baekhyun opposed Kai’s idea, earning death glare from Kyungsoo who was staying silent despised the heated argument.

“Why drag me into this? I haven’t even said anything.” he said grumpily. “You know, I think right now we are forcing things to relate to Jihoon being a girl just because of a list, and it’s plain silly.” he continued wisely. “But again if it wasn’t him being a girl, I couldn’t find any reason on why he would write that list.”

“It could be for hundreds reasons we would never know unless we ask.” Sehun frowned. “And that won’t include him being a girl. Seriously, grow some sense you all. Jihoon is a girl just because he made that list? Seriously?” he cocked an eyebrow, and then got up, clearly deeming that the argument was done.

“The list is weird, but it might be nothing. Don’t think about it too much. Just ask him. This note could have been a joke. Who knows?” Suho chuckled lightly, following Sehun heading to his own bed. The four guys who was left threw glances at each other, wasn’t convinced yet.

“What kind of joke it would be? I for sure wouldn’t make a list to insult my own kind even for a joke. If I wanted to joke, I would list girls’ bad side instead.” Chanyeol said, pouted.

“Why don’t we ask him directly? Hey, Baekyun, why didn’t you ask him when you found that list?” Kai sulked, throwing his glance to Baekhyun who opened his mouth in a defensive way.

“Would you do that if you were me? The first thing which came to mind after I saw the list was smuggling it out of his room without him noticing.” he replied, pouting at Kai’s partly blaming tone.

“We can still ask him now. You know, pretend that it was ridiculous or something and ask him lightly as if it was nothing.” Kyungsoo suggested when Kai was ready to open his mouth to answer Baekhyun. Kai shifted his head towards Kyungsoo after hearing his suggestion, his expression was bitter.

“We can’t, tonight. I bet he locked his room already. He always does that when it is nearing bed time. I tried entering his room several times before after ten but the door was locked. He wouldn’t even answer when I tried calling him. This,” Kai glanced at the clock on the wall, “is almost ten. He won’t open the door for us.”

“He sleeps fast.” Chanyeol commented after hearing the story.

“Or has something to hide.” Baekyun said slyly; and to this the boys were silent again. The only audible sound was the voice of Sehun’s light breathing. He was asleep already. Suho had earphones on his ear, oblivious of what his friends was discussing about.

“So why don’t we find it out ourselves?” came Kai’s suggestion, and all three heads turned towards him, grinning.

_____

 

Something is totally off today. I know it is. Since when does Kai not immediately approach me every time there wasn’t any teacher in class? He didn’t even ask me to have lunch together during lunch. In fact, he hadn’t talked to me at all. Not that I’m complaining, surely not. It was just- weird. And it just became even weirder when after the school ended, Kai practically dashed off the class, leaving me with Sehun, and then I found Kyungsoo standing in front of my class, stealing me from Sehun , claiming that he needs me to accompany him somewhere.

Something off is going on here.

I threw my glance to the guy who was walking casually beside me, not bothering to explain on where we are heading at all. I wasn’t even that close with Kyungsoo. Sure, we spent many time together, but that was as a group. Individually, I was mostly with Kai; or Sehun because he was my classmate; or even the duo pranksters Baekhyun and Chanyeol. With Kyungsoo- not really, even though I quite liked him. He might even be my third favorite after Sehun and Suho, but that was before I found him in the room with Kai and the others, watching that disgusting movie. My opinion of him just dropped, significantly.

So, no, I don’t spend time with him.

We were nearing the gate when I finally lost my patience.

“So where are we heading, Kyungsoo?” I asked, but he kept his gaze in front when answering, as if avoiding my gaze. Super suspicious.

“Er, I have something to buy.” he scratched his head.

“So why do you need me with you?” I frowned. Now Kyungsoo was totally looking at anything beside me.

“Because I just need a company.” he answered lamely, and I almost scoffed. Seriously? He is a guy for God’s sake. He doesn’t need me to him to a department store faraway. I’m sorry, but my time is limited. If I didn’t use it for catching up with my study or creating a plan to kiss Sehun, I’d rather spend it for my own quality time. Certainly not for shopping with you.

I stopped walking and gave him a questioning look.

“So where is this place you are shopping to? Is it far?” I tried to be nice and gave him a chance. If it only ten minutes away I might be generous about it and just accompany him.

“Er, one hour with bus?” he answered. The second I heard him I instantly turned my step around. Has he turned mad? One hour with bus meant two hours only for the journey. Not to mention the time we would spend waiting. And then the time we would spend there. No, Kyungsoo. My time is precious.

“I can’t go with you.” I stated firmly, walking back towards the dorm building. Kyungsoo followed behind me desperately, trying to convince me again.

“Why not?” I’ll treat you for a drink.” he persuaded.

Drink? You think I’m that cheap?

“Just ask Kai, or whoever. He is your roommate.” I opened the dorm’s door, shoving him out of the way when he tried to block me. Kyungsoo groaned and took out his phone, trying to call someone desperately. I shrugged and walked faster, leaving him way behind. Maybe finally he got his sense and would ask someone else to accompany him; anyone but me.

Just when I opened my room’s door, Kyungsoo caught up behind me, panting. He stared at me with a panicked expression and then to the room. And I finally got what made him react that way.

I nearly dropped my jaw myself.

My room which previously left neat and clean, was a total mess. Baekhyun was trying to fix my bed back after whatever he did up there; Chanyeol was desperately shoving my clothes back to the cupboard, unfolded; and Kai was arranging my books’ back in the drawer.

They caught me staring and Chanyeol stopped from his struggle to insert my clothes back; a huge pile of clothes dropped from the cupboard when Chanyeol no longer supported it with his hands. And that was when I screamed.

What are you guys doing in my room?” I hollered, stomping in with Kyungsoo tailing behind me. Kai closed the drawer with an ugly smile; from my side I could hear Baekhyun descending the stair quietly. But my gaze was fixated with Chanyeol and his mess.

“You!” I pointed my finger with a cursing tone and saw Chanyeol unconsciously took two steps backward. “What were you doing with my clothes?” I seized my own hair frustatedly. A red shade color of shame crept up to Chanyeol’s face.

“Eh, the thing is-” he scratched his head; seconds passed but he still couldn’t find a word to answer my question. Finally, he shook his head and pointed to Baekhyun instead. “He shall explain.” he murmured. Baekhyun threw a panicked gaze to him, scared to bear the responsibility alone. Finally, under my intense stare, he sighed and started talking.

“It’s not me alone, okay? We are together in this.” he began, throwing a threatening look to the other three as if daring them to say otherwise. “I found this.” he handed out a piece of paper to me. My eyes widened when I realized what the paper was. Without meaning to, my expression changed from fury to a panicked one when I scanned each of their expressions. They wouldn’t guess, would they?

Fortunately, Baekhyun didn’t catch my silence as weird because he simply continued explaining. “So Kai came up with this thought-”

“And we all agreed.” Kai quickly added, glaring at Baekhyun.

“Okay, okay. We all agreed. But the idea came from him.” he continued, ignoring Kai’s deathly glare. “I know that this would sound extremely ridiculous, but you have to understand us. Not to mention that the list is extremely weird, and it’s totally understandable for us to-” he babbled, and I quickly cut him off, slanting my eyes.

“Came up with what thought, Baekhyun? I narrowed my eyes dangerously. Baekhyun shrank a little under my stare and sighed.

“We thought you might be a girl.” he whispered apologetically. I could almost feel the blood disappeared from my face, but luckily again; the boys took my state was because of how outrageous the accusation sounded for me, not because they were right.

“Silly, I know.” he admitted weakly. “And we didn’t find anything, so yeah, that was an empty suspicion. But still, that doesn’t explain the list. Why would you write that list?” he dared himself to stare at me questioningly.

My gaze fell to the suitcase I placed at the corner of my room, filled with my girl stuffs; underwear, wig, and other stuffs; still unopened. I sighed with relief before shifting my gaze back to Baekhyun.

“I don’t need to explain to you.” I hissed, throwing my gaze to the four guys contemptuously. “And I want my room clean in an hour. After that, don’t go near my room ever again.” I ended dramatically and turn around, slamming the door behind me.

The four guys left with widened eyes, slightly awed.

“You all better help me with this.” Chanyeol grumbled, trying, and failed, to fold a t-shirt. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo approached him with a chuckle while Kai was still struggling to make the drawer tidier.

“He seemed really mad.” Baekhyun needlessly commented.

“Can’t blame him.” Kyungsoo said, folding a pair of jeans neatly and placed it on the bottom place of cupboard. The two guys stared at his work and started to shove more pile of clothes his way silently.

“But you guys saw, right? His temper? That was extremely girlish.” Kai tried again and met with three dirty looks from his friends.

“Shut up, Kai. This was all thanks to you.” Chanyeol groaned, finally succeeding on folding his first piece of clothes.

“Hey, you guys agreed.” Kai complained. The three ignored him, absorbed with their works. Kai pouted, and then his gaze fell to the locked suitcase at the corner.

“You know, I think that suitcase is seriously suspicious. Maybe we could find something there, and-” he immediately got cut off by Kyungsoo.

“Listen, Kai. I don’t know why you would want him to be a girl so much-”

“I don’t!” Kai quickly exclaimed; his cheeks tinted pink. “I mean, why would I-?” he stuttered.

“Yeah, whatever. The thing is we are through with that idea.” Kyungsoo calmly continued despised Kai’s protest. “Now just shut up and help us with these.”

“But maybe if we peeked at him in the toilet. He always uses the cubicle; it’s quite suspicious-” Kai wasn’t able to finish his sentence again because this time three voices yelled in unison, sinking the rest of his sentence.

“Seriously Kai, shut up!”