Sehun's Love Jar

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing:

Bakkori

ilovepikwangie24

PinKcOttonCandy

AikoMds

 

And thank you so much for the votes! ^^


 

Can we meet? Came the message from Sehun. I should have known I should not give my number to that guy. But he asked me after that one ‘date’ at the cake shop and I thought it would be rude to reject him, especially since he took the effort to accompany me back to my home. I had to wait for him to go before skulking back to the door, using my wig but still a girl’s body. The cake shop was way nearer to the dorm than my house. So no, not helping actually; but the good intention was all that mattered.

And he stayed true to his words; only messaging me after ten. After he got my number, he began messaging me regularly, one in two or three days. The content was almost always the same: Are you asleep already? or How are you? This guy totally needs Kai’s help on his way to hit on a girl. That guy is a pro.

But this time the message was totally different. An invitation to meet again. I stared at the phone, unsure. It was too much of a hassle last time I decided to meet him as a girl. I had to sneak away before the promised time and went to change in my own house. And while the curfew was midnight (praise the loose rules in that boys school), and we would part half an hour before twelve (not that Sehun mind to break the curfew; I did), because Sehun would insist to take me home, it took me more time to come back to the dorm again. Last time we met I was late by thirty minutes and it was extremely difficult to sneak back to school with a girl’s body after curfew, I tell you.

Thinking back about it, I was an idiot for not simply staying at my house instead rather than taking the risk getting caught at school. I’d rather getting caught and punished for not showing up in the dorm after curfew. It was Saturday after all, and the day after was Sunday and we had no class.

But this time was different. It wasn’t weekend. I wouldn’t be able to avoid going back to dorm.

What for? I sent back. The answer came really quick. I could imagine Sehun in the room next door sitting up while typing the message as fast as he could.

I have something to say. Please?

I sighed. Obviously, you would need something to say to ask to meet me, Sehun. But what is it that you couldn’t say via message? Or call? I’m just a phone call away.

Do you have to say it in person? Can you just message or call me? I replied. An obvious rejection. I couldn’t pretend that I was interested, really. I had no intention to meet him again unless he kissed me. And then we could meet anytime.

This time, the reply took a while. Obviously, Sehun also took my last reply as a hesitation. His own reply came after several minutes, and it was a long one.

No, I can’t say it through phone. I really need to meet you, Jihye. Can you please spare some time? It wouldn’t take long, I promise. And I would agree on whatever time you decided for us to meet. It can be after my dorm’s curfew; I’m fine with it. Just please, can we meet? It’s important for me.

I stared at the message in hesitation for a while before answering.

Fine. Tomorrow, like usual, 10.30 p.m. Where do you want to meet?

The reply from him came almost immediately.

Wherever you want. The cake shop would be fine. Or your home, since it’s night, if you wouldn’t mind me coming to your home in such a late hour.

I considered his suggestion, still slightly awed on how fast he could type that considerably long message. At last, I typed a short reply.

Okay, my home it is.

Thank you! I read his last message before turning off the phone and switched the SIM card back to Jihoon’s. I really hope I wouldn’t regret agreeing to meet him.

_____

 

The clock struck ten. I could sense my body turning back into a girl, and the t-shirt I wore started to become loose. I didn’t waste any more time and headed straightly to my cupboard, picking clothes. Casual one but not too ugly. Something that would make it seems like I was expecting a guest in my own home.

I took out one big size white T-shirt and a pair of dusty blue leggings. Satisfied with my choice, I immediately headed to the mirror and lifted my hair up to create a bun. Securing the bun with a metal butterfly pin, I checked myself up in the mirror, fixing my bang a little bit. Done; the usual Jihye in her own home.

Fifteen minutes before the promised time. I threw my gaze around. This home would not impress anyone. I called it a home while it actually only had tiny two rooms; the bigger one I used as my bedroom, where it has a bathroom in it, and the other had the function of living room and kitchen all at once. I had managed to squeeze one middle-sized sofa and a tiny sofa in, a set with a simple glass table. My uncle had offered me a better house; not with him of course, but I had insisted to continue living where I used to with my Mom for years after my Dad left us.

But the thought that someone aside of Hyoyeon would visit it, someone significant at that, I unconsciously felt nervous. Should I have asked to meet him at the cake shop instead?

Just when the thought struck me, there was a ringing bell sound from in front. I stole a glance at the clock. Early by ten minutes, I see.

The door opened to reveal Sehun standing timidly. Different with the first time we met, and quite contrary with me indeed, I could tell that he had dressed up with more effort. Outside the plain white shirt he was wearing, was a baby blue cardigan; giving a clean whole effect to his appearance. He paired the outfit with dark colored pants, and his whole appearance would seem perfect if not for his blue backpack. Does he seriously bring his school bag to meet me?

Sehun made a shy smile when I opened the door for him. His gaze instantly fell to me with an admiring gaze before he forcefully took it back to my face to maintain his manner.

“Hi.” was the first thing he said. He took a peek to the inside of my house without much difficulty since he towered above my head, and then shifted his stare back to me. “Your parents?” he asked with questioning eyes.

“I live alone.” I answered briefly without explanation. If Sehun was shocked or confused with my answer, he didn’t show it. He simply nodded and scanned the tiny living room again, as if analyzing it.

Honestly, I started to become annoyed. Is he coming here to judge my house? Well, sorry to disappoint you, then.

We were still standing there; me, hesitated and unwilling to invite him inside; him, still scanning the room. At last we spoke in unison.

“Do you want to come inside?” I asked.

“Can I borrow your restroom?” he blurted.

“Excuse me?” I asked again, unsure if I heard it right.

“I’m really sorry, can I borrow your restroom?” he repeated his question with a shy grimace. I quickly collected myself and moved away to let him in.

“Sure, it’s in my room.” I answered, showing him my bedroom’s door. Sehun nodded with a simple thank you before disappearing into my room.

Wow, what a weird guy.

Sehun took long inside, and not before fifteen minutes after he entered that he exited the room to meet me, already feeling more annoyed by the seconds.

“Sorry again, Jihye. But it seems like your room’s light is broken.” he said, much to my surprise. It was fine just a moment ago before he arrived. I immediately turned to enter my room when he stopped me, handing a tiny glass jar filled with some heart-shaped cookies. I took a glance at the jar, unsure of what to do.

“Take it, please. I came to give you this.” he said. “I made it myself.” he added again, there was a hint of proud when he said that, and I, still confused, took the jar from him.

“Thank you.” I managed to say. Sehun smiled sincerely.

“I’ll take my leave then.” he said and left without I even had a chance to react. I closed the door, puzzled. He came just to give me this jar?

What a waste of time, the ungrateful and most honest side of me commented.

I sighed, and headed to my room which according to Sehun’s words was out of light. The room was pitch black when I first opened the door, and right after my eyes adjusted to the darkness, some dim colorful lights decorate the room. I almost dropped the jar when I realized what it was.

Sehun had decorated the wall next to my bed with colorful glow-in-the-dark wall stickers which formed letter I, heart shape, and letter U. I love you. I slowly put the jar on the bed, still gawking at the sight. Taking a closer look, I realized that the sticker was actually consisted of many heart shaped colorful stickers which were arranged to form the letters. I tried to switch on the room’s light, and suddenly a bright light from the lamp blinded my eyes. Sehun lied, the lamp was totally fine.

Now I know what was in his backpack.

Chuckling lightly I opened the jar and took a bite of the cookie. The bitter taste stung my mouth and I had to resist the urge to throw up. Sehun is no baker for sure. I chew the cookie until my teeth bit on something hard. Slowly, I pulled out a piece of paper from the cookie. It read ‘be’.

Without a word, I broke the remaining cookies and gathered four more papers; ‘you’, ‘would’, ‘my’, and ‘girlfriend?’.

Would you be my girlfriend?

I stoned there, kept reading the words over and over. Finally, without me knowing exactly why I did that, I ran in front and opened the door. Sehun was still standing there; his hands were in his pocket. The shade of night was unable to hide the pink blush on his cheeks when he asked.

“I’ve liked you for over two years. Would you be my girlfriend, Park Jihye?”

____

 

Tomorrow, I’ll give you the answer tomorrow night.

My answer to Sehun kept ringing in my head the next morning. The honest answer was a ‘yes’, it was positive; but I couldn’t say it unless I had sure. And to be sure, I need to prove it.

I need to kiss him immediately.

Sehun, can we meet after school? I sent a message to Sehun’s number as Jihoon. Discreetly stealing glances behind, I saw Sehun checked Mr. Song before opening his phone, and then glanced back at me. I nodded, and not long after came the answer from him.

Okay.

The treatment for Jihoon and Jihye is obviously different. Jihye gets more long-ish messages.

 Mr. Song drew a cube with many complex lines and started explaining how to calculate the length of the lines. That lesson was the only Math lesson I wasn’t fond of, but I unwisely didn’t pay attention to him at all. His explanation on how to draw a line to an imaginary dot outside the cube passed through my ear fadely, and soon I couldn’t even catch what he was saying at all.

I was nervous.

Relax, Jihye, I told myself. You have to do it. You can’t drag it forever.

Vaguely, I heard Mr.Song ended the lesson with the instruction to do the question in page 116 as homework. He was just reaching the door when I stood up with hundreds of butterfly in my stomach. Sehun approached me with questioning look.

“What is it?” he asked, raising his brows.

“Not here. Let’s go somewhere else.” I told him, ignoring Kai who was standing beside Sehun, throwing glances at both of us alternately; looking extremely confused. I started walking with Sehun tailing behind, and Kai finally called us out.

“Hey, where are you going?”

I waved my hand as a result, kept on walking. Sehun was the one to answer him.

“Just a minute, Kai. We’ll meet you later in the cafeteria.” he said. Kai just stood there, his brows furrowed. At last, he took out his phone and started texting.

_____

 

“So? What is it that you want to talk about so discreetly?” Sehun asked; his hands were in his pocket like usual.

I had dragged him to the more desolate corner of school lawn. The place I met Kai before. That place was the most quiet spot of the school, and I was sure no one would be there to overheard our conversation; or witness anything.

However, I still threw my gaze around, being extremely cautious. From the corner of my eyes, I spotted something moving and saw Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun back to behind the bushes. I couldn’t even decide whether I should be laughing or annoyed.

So they followed us after all.

Well, they can watch with their own risks.

Sehun was still standing with his hands on his pocket, totally unalert. With one swift movement, I grabbed his collar and made one quick pull. Sehun was too shocked to do anything; or to defend himself. The last thing I caught was his widened eyes and a loud gasp from behind the bushes before our lips pressed together.