February 14

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing:

lunaluna

mahirah1999

AyoWaddupKrease

huntergurl0212

orange-bubbly

jaejoong

4everELFazn

panthas898


 

“Now our genius plan maker. Would you be kind enough and tell us your next plan? I mean ‘real plan’ on kissing Sehun?” Taemin flew up and down right in front of my face, folding her arms with a disapproving look. Hoya sat on the bed, his eyes pierced at me with full intensity. Scary, seriously. I looked away nervously and had my eyes fixed on Taemin instead, a way easier target.

“Hey, blame yourself for not increasing my height. I would have totally succeeded on kissing him if you were generous enough with my height actually.” I folded my arms too and slanted my eyes defensively. Taemin let out a mocking laugh.

“It wouldn’t be a problem if you really have a legit plan to kiss him. But no, you just had to create a drama scene and fell on top of him instead.” he said with a seriously annoying expression.

“There wouldn’t be any problem if you didn’t decide to be an idiot and let me stay as a girl instead.” I struck back, glaring at him. The useless cupid flew away from my reach with a pout, maybe sensing dangerous from my obvious rising temper.

“Stop with that.” Hoya said with a flat bored tone. I shifted my glare to him instead. Who is he to order me around anyway?

But of course I still didn’t have the courage to voice my though out. I was still a dude which meant he would be likely treating me as dude. No. I shall be careful around him.

And speaking of that, why is he here anyway? Last time I remember he wasn’t the type to bear being in the dorm. Now he stayed in dorm every single night since he found out about my real identity. Seriously, is he really that determined to turn my life into an even more hell?

I seriously need to turn back into a girl now. As soon as possible. That if I really want to keep my sanity, of course.

“Don’t you have any other plan, Jihye?” he frowned a bit when calling my name and I almost smiled. It must be awkward addressing me as Jihye when it was a guy standing in front of him. “I mean, the last plan was really lame.” he continued, and my almost smile automatically turned into a pout. No one call my plan lame, okay? Especially you, my-not-so-dear-cousin.

“I don’t know. Do you have any better plan?” I blinked innocently, knowing exactly what the answer would be.

“No- I mean- hey, why should I be concerned over this? It’s your problem.” he snarled after getting confused for a moment.

Exactly. My problem. So why are you here discussing it with me? Just leave me alone. Taemin is already a major pain in the to be honest.

“I will think of a way.” I shrugged.  Taemin looked greatly disappointed while Hoya just scoffed and turned away from us. I frowned and turned to face the table, messing up my bag just to have something to do. I pulled out a crumpled paper and straightened it out. My last note as a girl; my though on why I disliked boys. My eyes traveled on the paper approvingly, sadly reminiscing the good days when I had the choice to avoid this lame creature named boys.

Although to be fair, they turned out to be not that terrible as I though them to be. But still, not that worthy either.

I thought of Sehun and examined the paper back. Smiling, I crossed out several numbers from the list.

  1. They’re dirty. Most of them are dirty, smell, and gross.
  2. Most of them are erted.
  3. Most of them are brainless.
  4. They only care about your appearance. They would never be satisfied with your body and keep ogling at other girls.
  5. Most of them are crude and ill-tempered. We, women, would end up either verbally abused or even physically.
  6. Women could do perfectly fine without them, yet we’re the one getting discriminated.
  7. Most of them don’t know how to speak logic. They would just blurt nonsense. And they said we, women, were the one with no logic. Bleh.
  8. Most of them are unfaithful jerk. Ask my dad. He was a pro in this section. You need to be able to communicate with the dead, though.
  9. They’re either worthless jerk, workaholic, or the not-so-attractive working man with no ambition whatsoever. It would be hard finding the charming one to marry. If not impossible.
  10. Most of them are dangerous. No, I’m not being ist. Most of the are male. So it would be better if I keep the safe space from this dangerous creature.
  11. Most of them got overwhelming ego, and women always have to be understanding everytime. They are the mix of self-obsessed and boasting-lover creature. And I was already being nice by putting the 'most of them' infront.
  12. If you earn less than them, you are a mooch. If you earn more, they would get intimidated.
  13. If you’re smarter than them, it means you’re nerd. But if you’re dumber, then that means you’re idiot. That’s their logic.
  14. Most of them

“What is that?” Hoya suddenly asked and I abruptly hid the paper inside a notebook.

“Nothing.” I absentmindedly replied, and Hoya got his attention off me with a little frown. You might want to stop doing that, cousin. You will get wrinkles faster if you keep doing that, just saying.

I shifted my glance to the notebook with the paper inside again and made a tiny smile. If it’s Sehun, maybe, just maybe, I would be able to cross out all thirteen numbers. There seemed to be a chance of that if it was him.

_____

 

“Are you sure you aren’t going with us?” Kai asked from the doorway, throwing careful glances to Hoya who was lying on his bed, like usual, with a dark expression.

“No. You go first. I’ll catch up.” I answered shortly before shoving him away from the room. Hoya watched me as I busily prepared to go while once in a while checking the time. It was 9 p.m. The ball must have had started already. I rushed to the door until I realized Hoya was standing behind me.

“What?” I asked him, confused. “You are going to the ball?”

“As if I would.” he rolled his eyes, and then continued again, answering my unasked question. “You are going to your home, aren’t you? I’ll accompany you there. It’s dangerous for girls to walk alone at night.” he awkwardly explained. I raised an eyebrow with my mouth slightly opened. Wow. Who knows he could be quite a gentleman?

“Er, thanks. But if you hadn’t noticed, people will see me as a guy, don’t worry.” I said, but Hoya threw me a look.

“You will be a girl when you go to the ball, won’t you?” it was his turn to raise an eyebrow.

Oh, right. Stupid me.

I didn’t say anything, but apparently, Hoya read my expression.

“Let’s go.” he said shortly, getting ahead of me exiting the door.

_____

 

The loud music could be heard even before I entered the hall. I tidied up my purple knee-length dress nervously while walking towards the front door. The girl who was on duty to check the invitation frowned a little, clearly not recognizing me as her schoolmate. Maybe she was in junior year or something, I couldn’t recall her either. I gave her the simple pink-colored invitation with a smile.

“I’m the plus one.” I said, explaining why I have an invitation which supposed to be from the boys’ school.  She gave me a dirty look before letting me in. I wouldn’t blame her though, because this ball or party or whatever was supposed to be the secret mission to find a lover. A plus one was surely not appreciated.

It was hard to pace between the crowd, and not to mention under the dim light. But I couldn’t stay in one place for too long. I needed to find Sehun before any of my girl friends from my old school find me first instead.

To my surprise, and very rare luckiness, Sehun was leaning against the wall across the front door. He was wearing a simple white shirt with khaki colored pants. He held a glass of drink and looked like he was trying to be unnoticed; a major fail actually since his very pale skin combined with a white shirt made him stood out quite well between the crowds under the dim light. He threw his gaze around with a hopeful look and I immediately felt a little flattered when I realized he might be looking for me.

I approached his place, close enough to make sure he noticed me. This guy better notice me fast because I’m dying to go home and leave this crowded flirting place.

Before I realized it, someone was already standing in front of me and I gazed up to meet Sehun’s eyes. His lips parted slightly with awe, his intent gaze never once left my face, as if he couldn’t believe that it was really me he was staring at.

“Park Jihye?” he asked with a whispering sound. My body tensed a bit by the closeness and his voice and I moved backward to widen the gap until my back touched the wall.

“Hi.” I replied lamely, couldn’t bring myself to gaze back to him or even look at his face. Seriously, what’s wrong with me? Get hold of yourself, Jihye. He’s just a guy. Don’t embarrass yourself by acting like a scaredy cat.

Apparently, contrary with my raising confidence, Sehun started to lose his because he shifted his gaze from my eyes when he spoke again.

“I didn’t expect to see you here.” he said, moving to lean on the wall right behind me. It took me all my effort to not inch away from him. Keep the distance, boy, pretty please.

“I didn’t expect to ever come here either.” I shrugged. He didn’t say a word; and for a moment we just stood there, side by side, looking as if we were staring at the crowd when in fact nothing was more visible for us than the presence of each other by our sides.

“The last time we met,” Sehun began, and I gave my attention to him fully, expecting the continuation of his sentence. Is he going to say what I’m thinking right now? “When I gave you the key chain,” he continued and stopped again, obviously having the difficulty to arrange his words. I stared at him, starting to lose my patience.

“Yes?” I asked, encouraging him to continue. Sehun cleared his throat, looking really embarrassed but determined at the same time.

“I mean, when I give you back your key chain, you know what it meant, right?” he asked, finally able to gaze into my eyes for the first time since the last time he did it when he approached me.

Of course I know. But there’s no way I’m making it easier for you.

“I’m not sure what you were talking about.” I smiled sweetly. Sehun’s face blushed with a shade of pink and he shifted his eyes from me again.

Honestly, I started to think that it might take him forever before he could deliver his intention and I might turn back into a guy in front of him while waiting, and then he would be off the love line officially. Not saying that I would be greatly disappointed though seeing how he acted right now.

And he started off so well and actually made my heart beat faster. Guys, really. They couldn’t help to disappoint you, could they?

Fortunately, Sehun decided to speak again because I was so in verge of leaving him if he continued being half mute like that.

“The thing is,” he scratched his head, the shade of pink was still left on his cheeks, “I- to you, since two years ago-”

“Hey, Sehun!” someone approached us and Sehun immediately stopped talking and glanced to face the intruder.

You know what usually happened in the dramas? When on the most crucial timing someone had to and spoiled the moment completely and you felt like wanting to kick away the intruder?

Because that was precisely what I felt when I saw this annoying guy who stood in front of us, completely unaware of what he just ruined. He shifted his gaze from Sehun with a bit hint of surprise when he noticed me.

“Coffee girl! You are here too?”