The Male Hater

16 Hours a Day Being a Guy

Thank you for subscribing:

Dianakim15

Ehyoee

eunmi203

Gyu_428


 

I’m so not going to believe Kim Hyoyeon anymore. First, she acted like all lonely and all gloomy and wanting to get me accompanying her to this new fabulous cake shop near our school to make her feel better.

Being a good friend I am, of course I agreed to go there with her. And I would never say no to sweets.

But the next moment, I was sitting at the cake shop with this over baby-faced guy named Dongho who looked at least four years younger than me, and Hyoyeon was nowhere to be found after declaring that she needs to go to the restroom to fix her makeup.

I should have known something was off. I mean, Hyoyeon. Fixing make-up. It somehow didn’t match. But there I was being a stupid friend thinking she might be in her serious period of puberty.

And ended up being deceived. Again.

I’m sure this guy is the 7th one. Or 8th? I lost count already. I love my friend for caring so much to me, but I hope she would at least have a decency to set me up with a guy near my age. Or better, don’t set me up at all.

“Um...” this Dongho kid finally decided to talk after being quiet for at least ten minutes. “I sent you a letter already few days ago, Noona. So I’m sure you know my feeling. But you didn’t respond to my letter so I asked Hyoyeon Noona a favor to set you up with me. I’m really sorry for this inconvenience, but I really want to know your answer.” he blurted fast; his face was burning red.

No, sorry. I didn’t read your letter. And you should have already known the answer by not getting any respond. I mean, wasn’t it clear? No respond means no.

But of course I wouldn’t say that to him. I don’t want to hurt this kid’s feeling. He’s still a kid.

And he actually looked cute. I would like him more if I was four years younger.

“How did you know Hyoyeon?” I asked, trying to extend the time before rejecting him. I still needed to figure out a way of doing it nicely.

“She was my sunbae in dancing club while we were in middle school.” he replied.

“Wait. So you’re in high school now?” I said without thinking.

Crap. What did I do there? It’s the same like telling him that he looked like a kid, which he is. But it would sound like an insult. Except if he was the type that loves to be called young. I examined his expression hopefully.

He looked down.

Okay. He didn’t like it. I need to figure a way out now. Can I say that I thought he was a college student? Nah, it would be too fake. He looked nowhere near a college student.

While I was busy with my thought, a group of guy passing by our table and one of them bumped into my seat and spilled his hot coffee on me. May I emphasize? A hot coffee. On me.

I jumped up, and glared to the guy who did it. Stood in front of me were 6 guys around my age, and one of them widened his eyes, looked terrified.

“I’m really sorry.” said the guy with the wide eyes, attempting to wipe my uniform. I automatically yanked away from him. No touch allowed boys. Hands off.

He looked startled by my rejection but managed to force an apologetic smile. His friends stood uneasily behind him.

“I’m really sorry.” he repeated. “Please let me pay for the laundry bill.” he added again nicely. One of his friends snorted on this.

“Dude, you are just trying to get her number.” he commented with an amused tone. I shifted my glance to him with a displeased look. He was a handsome tall guy with a flirty expression. I might not favor boys, but I’m objective. This one is hot.

Except with the flirty part. He is off the list.

His friend, the one with the wide eyes frowned at him. Seriously, I thought he widened his eyes because of shock for spilling his coffee. But now it looked like he always put the-widened-eyes-expression on. Interesting.

“Shut up, Kai.” he told his friend, and then shifted his gaze back on me. “Please don’t mind him. I was just trying to pay for the damage I’ve caused.” he said.

I was ready to spill to him that he could keep his money and just try to be more careful instead, when I realized this was my chance.

“It’s okay.” I smiled to him, and then shifted my gaze away to Dongho who meanwhile looked totally lost of what to do. “I’m really sorry. I have to go now. I’m allergic to hot coffee. Good bye!” I blurted out and with that fled from the scene.

Kai chuckled and then shifted his glance on Dongho, who was still in shock.

“I think you just got dumped.” he sneered before walking to his table, followed by his friends.

She’s helpless. I heard a voice near me when I exited the cake shop. I quickly threw my glance around, bewildered. Who dared calling me helpless?

No one was looking at me. In fact, no one was standing anywhere near me. And that voice sounded very near. I frowned, but automatically shrugged it off in a split second. Maybe it was my own thought about Hyoyeon. Because she really was helpless. Which reminded me, I needed to find her now to say one thing, or two, about setting me up with these random guys.

Off to Hyoyeon.

_____

“Kim Hyoyeon! You’re so dead! Again?” I shouted as soon as I spotted her in the dance club practice room. I knew I would be able to find her there. She practically spent most of her life practicing. Hyoyeon stopped dancing and grinned at me.

“How was it?” she asked.

“Ooh. Very good. We were already planning our marriage.” I said sarcastically. Hyoyeon pouted.

“Why can’t you give them a chance? You always said you dislike boys, so I gave you a favor and selected the cute one that doesn’t give too much boyish aura. But it’s a no? Again?” she grumbled. I rolled my eyes.

“Then give me a favor and stop selecting guys for me. I can find my own boyfriend, Hyoyeon.” I protested.

“If it was up to you Park Jihye, you would end up single for the rest of your life.” she replied flatly.

“Better single than end up with a wrong and unworthy guy.” I shrugged. Hyoyeon frowned.

“So what kind of guy is the worthy one for you? It’s not like you’re getting married, Jihye. Geez. Going out with one or two boys wouldn’t hurt. That way you would know whether they really were unworthy or not.” she preached, like she did yesterday. And the day before. And the day before.

I practically got this same kind of preach every single day.

“There will be the one. I just don’t meet him yet, and I don’t want to waste my time with boys if they weren’t the one.” I said ignorantly. “Seriously, Hyoyeon. Why did you think I pick an all-girl school? That’s because I didn’t want an unnecessary encounter with boys. Having to pick one to marry is already a pain in the , but it’s for me to worry later. Don’t ruin my youth.” I added firmly. Hyoyeon could only sigh.

“Seriously, why do you hate boys so much?” she commented.

“I don’t. I just don’t favor them.” I said defensively. Hyoyeon gave me a look, muttering something that sounded like ‘ist’ and then turned the music back on. Clearly, the conversation was already over.

_____

Hyoyeon’s words kept ringing in my mind. Why do I dislike boys?

Suddenly getting an idea, I took a paper and started listing my thought.

Why I dislike boys:

  1. They’re dirty.

I stared at it for a few second and then shook my head. I wasn’t being fair there. I scratched what I wrote and started writing again.

Why I dislike boys:

  1. They’re dirty. Most of them are dirty, smell, and gross.
  2. Most of them are erted.
  3. Most of them are brainless.
  4. They only care about your appearance. They would never be satisfied with your body and keep ogling at other girls instead.
  5. Most of them are crude and ill-tempered. We, women, would end up either verbally abused or even physically.
  6. Women could do perfectly fine without them, yet we’re the one getting discriminated.
  7. Most of them don’t know how to speak logic. They would just blurt nonsense. And they said we, women, were the one with no logic. Bleh.
  8. Most of them are unfaithful jerk. Ask my dad. He was a pro in this section. You need to be able to communicate with the dead, though.
  9. They’re either worthless jerk, workaholic, or the not-so-attractive working man with no ambition whatsoever. It would be hard finding the charming one to marry. If not impossible.
  10. Most of them are dangerous. No, I’m not being ist. Most of the rapists are male. So it would be better if I keep the safe space from this dangerous creature.
  11. Most of them got overwhelming ego, and women always have to be understanding everytime. They are the mix of self-obsessed and boasting-lover creature. And I was already being nice by putting the 'most of them' in front.
  12. If you earn less than them, you are a mooch. If you earn more, they would get intimidated.
  13. If you’re smarter than them, it means you’re nerd. But if you’re dumber, then that means you’re idiot. That’s their logic.
  14. Most of them

I stopped for a while to stare at my work and nodded, satisfied. These are so true.

I was searching for more reasons when I heard a voice behind me.

“Wow, you are seriously a helpless ist.” it said.

I quickly flung my head and suddenly had been face to face with a flying fairy.

 


 

Thank you for reading.

Your feedback would be much appreciated. ^^