Chapter 38

Big Bang

Chapter 38

 

Seungri just stared at the song that G Dragon just gave him. Apparently, he only just had to sing one line in that song “Bingle Bingle”. He had expected himself to sing more than one line in the song since he is a singer.

Seungri scanned through the song lyrics in detail once more, hoping that his eyes were not playing a trick on him. Apparently, no matter how hard he searched through the lyrics, he only just had one line in this song.

“G Dragon hyung” Seungri asked, still looking doubtfully at the song lyircs script he is holding. “Am I such a bad singer that I only had only one line in this song?”

“No.” G Dragon answered, surprised at the question.

“Why do I only have just one line in this song? I was listening to the songs that big bang makes and I realised that I have the least parts in most of the songs.” Seungri was saying this all without looking at G Dragon. As if it was somehow easier to say if he wasn't looking at him.

G Dragon looked at Seungri thoughtfully for a second, thinking of how he would phrase his explanation to Seungri.

“Seungri, you know that I am big bang’s producer right?”

Seungri's face fell as he gave a slight nod in response. The way G Dragon spoke is as if it is true that he is a bad singer.

“Since I am big bang’s producer, I know about the members’ traits and the best parts for them in the song. TOP hyung sounds the best in the second verse. I think it will be good if I did the opening. In the middle, Dae Sung could build the song up and Tae Yang could sing the chorus. Then, I can add some weight to the song.”

“How about me?” Seungri said quickly. “What is my role in the song?”

G Dragon closed his eyes thinking how to phrase his words.

“I don’t know what everyone else thinks but personally, I like your voice. The reason why you have the least parts is because your voice is weaker than the other members. If I try to even out the parts, I feel that the song gets lighter because your voice is very thin. You have a sweet voice. But, if the heavier voices go in the middle and your voice acts as a support, I personally feel that the song gets better.”

After hearing G Dragon’s explanation, Seungri nodded his head as he breathed a silent sigh of relief, agreeing to what G Dragon told him. He is glad that the reason why he gets the least parts in most of the big bang songs is not because he is a bad singer. Instead, it is who would sound the best for that part of the song and every voice support each other to get the best result.    

"So, let’s start the recording?" G Dragon asked politely with a brief glance towards Seungri.

“Okay.” Seungri replied brightly as he proceeds to the recording room.

As Seungri walked towards the recording room, he decided to take the ending role in Big Bang. In other words, while the other members take central roles and lead the overall concept, he would spice things up more. Whether it’s on stage, talk shows or variety shows, his job is to fill in the parts that the other members are not capable of doing.

***

When Dae Sung was about to wear the headphone to continue recording his solo album after a break, Choice37 pressed on the speak button to speak to Dae Sung.

 “Dae Sung, you have a text message on your phone.”

Dae Sung frowned slightly at Choice37.

“A text message?” Dae Sung asked, curious in spite of himself.

Dae Sung knew that every single big bang member is busy right now and no one would send a message at this timely hour.

Nonetheless, Dae Sung placed the headphone on the stand and got out of the recording room to read his text message.

Dae Sung raised a skeptical eyebrow as he read the text message from TOP. It says that TOP had ended his photoshoot early and he is currently resting in a hotel. From the text message, TOP suggested him to look for him in the hotel instead of Gwanghwamun Square.

Dae Sung looked at the text message suspiciously. Based on his understanding for TOP, TOP would not go to the hotel to rest because he would usually goes back to the dormitory or his own house that he purchased recently. However, Dae Sung pushed back his suspiciousness because only TOP knew that he is meeting him at Gwanghwamun Square.

***

After Dae Sung completed his recording, Dae Sung proceeds to the address that TOP had given him. When Dae Sung stood in front of the room that TOP is currently resting, he took out his phone to check the address before he knocked on the door.

When Dae Sung was about to knock on the door, he realised that the door was ajar. The hair on the back of his neck was prickling unpleasantly as Dae Sung gave a slight push on the door and peered into the dark room. The room is so dark that he could not see anything inside and something in Dae Sung screamed at him to leave the room.

Dae Sung pushed his sense of foreboding aside and stepped inside the room while he kept reminding himself that it was TOP he was meeting. It might be possible that TOP was asleep and he forgot to close the door properly.

Dae Sung held on to his phone tightly as he slowly and carefully walked into the room.

“TOP hyung.” Dae Sung called out as he walked further into the room.

Dae Sung frowned when he was greeted with silence and his heart was beating so fast, he was sure it could be heard in the eerie silence around him.

“TOP hyung.” Dae Sung called out once more.

This time, instead of silence, Dae Sung heard the door closed behind him, making him froze.

The answer came to Dae Sung all of a sudden and his eyes widened. It was not TOP who sent him the text message.

Dae Sung whirled around to face the door. Suddenly, the lights in the room were and Dae Sung was right when he saw Hyun Seng standing in front of the door.

"Dae Sung" A familiar voice spoke from behind him. Dae Sung turned around to face the next possible person behind the act. "I was worried that you might run away after finding out that the door was ajar." Tae Yang spoke conversationally as if Dae Sung was just joining him for tea. “You are not a scary cat after all.”

Dae Sung didn't say anything in response. He should have suspected something like this. Dae Sung had been tricked and his senses had been right. He had walked straight into a trap.

"What's the matter, Dae Sung? Did you get too touched about my praise to you that you got nothing to say?" Tae Yang asked as he leaned against the table and twirled the glass of red wine in his hand before taking a sip.

“All the big bang members promised not to use this texting prank. How could you?!” Dae Sung spat out between clenched teeth.

“Dae Sung.” Tae Yang replied with maddening calmness, still holding on to the glass of red wine with one hand. “Some promises are only made to be broken."

Dae Sung stood firmly on the ground, gnashing his teeth as his fingers were clenching his phone so tightly that his knuckles were white.

“What do you want from me?”

For what seemed to be a long time but could only be seconds, Tae Yang said nothing.Finally, Tae Yang placed the glass of red wine on the table gracefully and a small smile appeared on his lips, slow but certain.

 "Dae Sung, come and join me.”

 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hrPT3L-Pqo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIhHDp7ErQI

**Credits goes to 10Asia interview. Go show and strong heart**