Chapter 50

Big Bang

Chapter 50

 

Seungri sprawled casually on his back on the hospital bed, lifting his arm above his head, glancing inattentively through the documents, which detailed the outline of his newest task, a magazine interview with Hyun Seng. The thought of him having an interview with Hyun Seng made Seungri exhaled wearily, running a hand over his brows, and decided that he should prepare to leave the hospital.

As Seungri walked into the hospital bathroom, his thoughts began to drift to what TOP had said to him before he left Dae Sung’s room.

Even though Seungri had countless methods of revenge in his mind, he just could not find the best method to deal with Hyun Seng after he knew that Hyun Seng played a part in saving him and Dae Sung.

The words that TOP said to him and the methods of revenge kept playing in his mind while the cold water poured over his hair, trying to cool down his mind. The cold water appeased him and for a silver of a moment, he grasped the revitalizing freedom, no longer chained by the imperious and impervious spider webs of brotherhood and revenge, tangled among those gentle, deathly threads.

Seungri finished drying off, grabbed the tuxedo that G Dragon handed to him moments ago as he observed himself in the mirror, eyeing the glossy and soft texture of the textile. His silken hair was still damp from the cold water, but he was proper with every garment in place.

Satisfied with his current appearance, Seungri’s slender fingers reached hesitatively for a white tie tossed carelessly on the hospital bed under the dim morning sunlight, and it looped around his collar, tying the knot expressionlessly.

There was a polite series of short knocks against his door, echoing down the hallway along with G Dragon's voice, "You done?"

"Come in G Dragon Hyung."

Seungri stayed where he was, watching G Dragon approaching the bed.

"You are supposed to rest for a few days after you got discharged. But, due to the sudden magazine interview, you had no choice but to go for it." G Dragon said hesitantly.

”That’s the only way, isn’t it? We need to prevent news of me being in the hospital from spreading.” Seungri replied nonchalantly.

“Yes…But, you will be having the interview with Hyun Seng.” G Dragon said in an unusually quiet voice.

Seungri remained silent while he checked his sideburns in the mirror. Seungri really wanted to reject the interview but he knew that it is only a matter of time that he gets to see Hyun Seng once again. The sooner they meet, the faster this sticky situation could end for both of them.

Seungri observed his appearance in the mirror one last time and glanced unthinkingly at his watch.

“Come on, let’s go…” Seungri suggested composedly as he walked towards the door.

"Seungri…" G Dragon called out when Seungri reached for the door handle to get out of the room.

Seungri halted next to the door, turning around to look at G Dragon as he arched an eyebrow dubiously.

G Dragon opened his mouth to speak to Seungri, to say something, but suddenly and embarrassingly, he realized he had no idea what to say or how to start out. G Dragon didn't have any solid evidence as to why Seungri was acting the way he was and looking so troubled recently. He couldn't be positive that it was because of Hyun Seng, so he couldn't bring him up.

At that somber thought, G Dragon sighed resignedly, and massaged his temple wearily.

“Just be careful next time, TOP Hyung told me that you got injured when you tried to escape from some fangirls.”

Seungri meet G Dragon's eyes, and for a few minutes he did not move, he was searching, G Dragon's face and his own mind, trying to find something, a shred of enlightenment on why TOP did not tell G Dragon about Tae Yang.

Reminding himself to thank TOP for not letting G Dragon know about the evil deeds that Tae Yang did, Seungri just looked at G Dragon in half amusement and half curiosity.

"Let’s go?" Seungri asked, gesturing out of the room.

G Dragon looked indecisive for a moment before he nodded his head and followed Seungri out of the room.

***

Seungri tapped his knuckle against the door once and entered Dae Sung’s room.

"Good morning, TOP Hyung," Seungri smiled respectfully as he walked into Dae Sung’s room.

TOP whose attention had been on Dae Sung for a second, turned to face Seungri.

“Where’s G Dragon?”  TOP asked as he looked at Seungri questioningly.

“He’s helping me settle some administrative work.” Seungri said in a lazy and meaningful tone as he leaned back against the hospital wall.

"I see." TOP said, and remained silent for a moment.

“I heard that you are going for a magazine interview with Hyun Seng right after you got discharged.” TOP paused, observing Seungri from the other side of the room. “Have you thought of a way to deal with Hyun Seng?”

Seungri only shook his head in response. But TOP could see a mixture of hate and sadness in Seungri's eyes.

"Do you want me to teach you some fighting techniques?" TOP asked with a sudden glint flashing over his eyes.”I don’t mind teaching you some of my infamous moves."

"No thanks," Seungri refused with an easy smile. "Fighting is not my style."

“But, I have something else in mind.” Seungri began evenly and leisurely, crossing his arms across his chest, "I am going to destroy him by using my business like mind and talking skills."

"Destroy?" TOP raised an eyebrow, interested and surprised by what Seungri had said.

"Yes," Seungri said simply.

"Would you please elaborate?" TOP asked curiously, still quite entertained, and fascinated by this strand of callous cruelty that he never discovered in the maknae he always knew.

“Hyun Seng had dedicated most of his life in the entertainment industry.” Seungri explained as he walked towards the vase full of flowers on the table. “Since he values his career over his life, I am going to ruin his career bit by bit.” Seungri spoke as he removed a flower from its stalk and crushed it in his palm, piece by piece, allowing the flower petals to fall on the ground before his eyes from his fingers.

"Excellent," TOP commented briefly. "But, how did you know that Hyun Seng values his career over his life?"

“Well, you have to help me thank Tae Yang Hyung on my behalf.” Seungri replied in a content tone, and smiled as he looked back at TOP. “If Tae Yang Hyung did not attack me that night, I doubt I might get back my memories.”

“Sure.” TOP chuckled lightheartedly as if were some mildly amusing golf jokes made at the dinner table.

As Seungri walked towards the door placed his hand on the door knob, Seungri turned a light degree, enough to watch TOP from the corner of his eyes.

“TOP Hyung, why didn’t you tell G Dragon Hyung about what Tae Yang Hyung did since you have evidence of him attacking Dae Sung Hyung?”

"I think that should be obvious." TOP commented briefly. “I did not want this incident to ruin the special relationship G Dragon and Tae Yang have together.”

"I am pleased to know that you think the same way I do," Seungri replied in a content tone, and smiled as he looked back at TOP.

"Good luck" TOP offered as Seungri closed the door behind him. "I hope to hear some good news from you soon."

"Sure," Seungri replied as he exited Dae Sung’s room with a final click.

***

After Seungri left the room, TOP walked towards the fallen flower petals on the floor and picked up a petal.

“How pitiful,” TOP began softly, allowing the flower petal to fall on the ground before his eyes from his finger once more. ” A friendship that was built up over the years could actually just crambled down in a matter of seconds.”

While TOP was looking at the fallen flower petals, he did not notice a tear drop fall from Dae Sung’s closed eyes.