Chapter 52

Big Bang

Chapter 52

 

After Seungri walked out of the building where the interview was held, Hyun Seng’s last words haunted his conscious for a few minutes afterward.

"I will not regret my decision… my dear, dear Seungri."

"It’s like what you said, these two friends turned into enemies and started to kill each other."

Seungri closed his weary eyes, letting those irritating thoughts faded into the back of his mind and fished his phone out of his pocket, sifting through his contacts to find Manager Hyung's name. He pressed on the black words once he had found it, raising his phone to hold it to his ear.

“Manager Hyung, I just ended the interview but, there’s a place I need to go. I promise that I would return to YG Entertainment safe and sound.”

After Seungri ended the call, he placed the phone back into his pocket and walked to the place he intended to go to.

***

Sandara leaned her head against the window in her car gazing blankly at the scenery outside while she waited for Park Bom to return after buying some muffins. She welcomed the cold of the thick, glass window pane against her throbbing forehead. She had been back at Korea for three days now after recording a song in America with the rest of the 2NE1 members, yet she still could not shake off the pall of sadness left over from Dae Sung’s incident.

It seemed like Sandara had been waiting for Park Bom for an eternity until she was pulled out of her own thoughts when the car door swung open silently and Park Bom entered the car and sat at a passenger seat beside her.

"Sandara? You alright?" Park Bom asked worriedly.

Sandara blinked as she turned towards Park Bom with a smile.

"Yeah, just thinking about something." Sandara replied.

Park Bom gave Sandara a questioning look, furrowing her brows worriedly.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

Sandara shook her head firmly. "It’s nothing important actually, let’s go?"

For a long second, Park Bom looked as if she didn't know whether to force Sandara to talk about what is troubling her or just let it go.

Park Bom searched for the right words, but found none. Sandara looked so troubled and sad that Park Bom felt that she would have done anything for her to perk up. Park Bom smiled brightly at Sandara, hoping to lighten the mood. "Okay, let’s go."

When Sandara was about to move the gear lever, Park Bom held onto Sandara's hand, making Sandara looked at her in surprise.

"Park Bom, what…" Sandara started to say but looked at the direction Park Bom was pointing at.

A little distance away, a black haired boy was walking towards a café. Sandara only caught a glimpse of him but she was certain it was Seungri. Three months are not over yet and seeing Seungri entering Café Latte made Sandara frowned slightly.

 “Isn’t he supposed to be in YG Entertainment right now?” Park Bom whispered to Sandara. "Let’s follow him."

"Park Bom! No, you shouldn't. Just give him some space, it’s his own life after all." Sandara whispered to Park Bom.

"Sandara, I'm not going to do anything. I just want to see which girl he is meeting right now. I'm sure Seungri won't mind." Park Bom whispered back.

Sandara opened to argue but Park Bom had left the car. Not knowing what to do, Sandara had no choice but to follow as well.

After spotting Seungri sitting at the corner of the café, Sandara and Park Bom took an empty cup left by a previous customer and manoeuvred themselves carefully around the crowded café and sat at a place close enough to observe and hear what Seungri is doing in the café.

***

Jong hyun threw down his apron with an angry huff as he collapsed in the chair in front of Seungri. Seungri looked over at him, startled with his uncharacteristic foul mood.

"What's wrong with you?" Seungri asked as the Jong hyun sat grumpily in the chair.

“Eunhyuk hyung! That's what's wrong with me!" Jong hyun said fists clenched in anger.

“Eunhyuk hyung? What did he do?" Seungri asked, moving closer to Jong hyun.

"He knew that I am now a trainee in SM Entertainment yet, he still makes me do chores over here. Do you know how tough it is to be a trainee? I need to attend vocal lessons, dance lessons, and language lessons that consist up to 10 hours a day or sometimes even more!”

Seungri didn't say anything but took a long sip from his cup of coffee.

"That’s the life of being a trainee. At least you have a place to stay. I used to spend the night in Gangnam express bus terminal for around 5 times.” Seungri replied, not looking at Jong hyun.

Jong hyun was looking at Seungri, apparently speechless at Seungri's revelation. After a few minutes Jong hyun wanted to say something but he closed his mouth and just nodded his head awkwardly.

 Sandara watched Seungri closely. Seungri had definitely lost some weight recently. His eyes seemed to be darker and when he did finally speak, his voice sounded cold, like a blade could slice through almost anything.

Isn’t it time for you to go over to SM Entertainment?" Seungri said, trying to change the subject.

Jong hyun smiled sadly and nodded his head in response.

"I need to go now. Listen, Seungri, maybe you should go back to Japan and clear your mind. You should seriously consider it. You looked terrible." Jong hyun said as he stood up.

Seungri didn't say anything and just shook his head before taking another sip of coffee.

"I need to finish this. Once it's all over I might consider going back to Japan." Seungri replied.

"Alright, got to go" Jong hyun spoke as he offered Seungri a polite smile before he walked away from Seungri."Good bye, V.I san.”

Seungri waved hesitantly. "Bye."

Sandara felt her heart skip a beat. What would Seungri go back to Japan? What is bothering him?

Sandara never got a chance to think about this as Park Bom suddenly jabbed her in the rib with an elbow.

"You are right. We shouldn't follow Seungri." Park Bom said in an odd strained voice. “Let’s go.”

Slowly and carefully, Sandara and Park Bom left the cafe. Both of them did not say a word about what the conversation they heard because they are worried about Seungri. What is bothering Seungri? Sandara had a bad feeling about the way Seungri talked, it just didn't feel right.

***

"What a rare guest we have here," Eunhyuk spoke as he made his way towards where Seungri was sitting.

"Long time no see, Eunhyuk Hyung," Seungri answered as he sees Eunhyuk sitting down in front of him. Seungri felt that he appeared very strange and in his western and formal attire where he usually wears casual attire in a place he used to stay in.

"Why are you here?" Eunhyuk spoke casually, eyes fixed unwaveringly on Seungri. "Three months isn’t up yet. Do you know that?"

"Of course,” Seungri spoke in a quite pleasant manner. "I am always taking note when I could officially come back over here if I hate that place.”

“So, what is the purpose of your visit?" Eunhyuk said at last, as he folded his hands on on the table, his eyes never leaving Seungri's face.

“Let’s change the way you showed those celebrity photos and information for a day.” Seungri said in a lazy and meaningful tone, the cup of coffee idly. “I’m confident that it could boost up the popularity of this café. In my opinion, it’s actually a win win situation.”

"You're not being very specific Seungri." Eunhyuk simply looked at him, his penetrating gaze so unnerving.

“I need Lee Teuk’s san and your help.” Seungri explained easily and sipped his cup of coffee as the intoxicating taste of bitter coffee wallowed in his tongue, washing over his senses. “I need Lee Teuk’s san help to get some scandalous photos of a famous Japanese producing director and I need your help by publishing those photos in this café.”

"The result?" Eunhyuk prompted carelessly with a tone of total detachment, only the concerned gleam in his eyes provoked Seungri to continue.

“I know that most of Hyun Seng’s solo activities are from this famous Japanese producing director.” Seungri shifted his even gaze away from Eunhyuk and took out the photo that G Dragon gave him. “In order to destroy his career, I have to destroy that famous Japanese producing director first.”

“Lee Teuk and I are helping you right from the beginning.” Eunhyuk said, drumming his fingertips together as he gazed serenely at Seungri. “There’s no turning back if you decided to do this. Is this your final decision?”

Seungri gave a small humorless laugh as he tears the photo that G Dragon gave him.

“Ever since that day, I have left both my heart and indecision behind. I will not hesitate. Whatever happens, I will destroy him with these hands of mines.”

Seungri wrinkled his brows carelessly and his eyes gleamed coldly as the photo turned into pieces of colors underneath his hand.

When Seungri noticed Hyun Seng’s part in the picture being teared into small indescribable pieces, Seungri smiled.

It felt as if he had successfully destroyed Hyun Seng.