Chapter 60

Big Bang

Chapter 60

 

The sun was diming in the horizon as Seungri closed the blinds of his room. He shut the world and the buildings of Seoul away before lying down on his bed, a deep sigh escaping his lips. His slender fingers ran through his bangs as he pressed his head against the pillow.

Every day was painfully long after his activities have been put on hold.

Seungri spent most of his time calculating his next move on Hyun Seng. But, nothing great entered his mind. After that article had been published, every single person related to the entertainment industry are ignoring his phone calls, making it hard for Seungri to plan a move on Hyun Seng.

It was pathetic!

Seungri had ended up, spending most of his time shut up in his room feeling like a caged animal, goaded by thoughts and feelings he was sure no caged animal, however poorly kept, had to deal with.

Seungri scowled darkly at the ceiling above as he laughed scornfully at how practical these people turned their backs once something bad had happened.

Seungri got off the bed, walking to the window to peer outside through the dark material of the curtains. A blinding sun seared his eyeballs, and he closed the curtain hurriedly. He must stop thinking negatively, or he will end up going crazy.

With that one reassuring fact firmly lodged in his head, Seungri got out of his room, deciding to waste his time in YG Entertainment.

***

Sandara could only stare forward in shock, her body frozen at the feeling of G Dragon's lips on hers. Her eyes widened as her confused mind caught up to the abrupt realization that G Dragon, her labelmate, was kissing her.

The brown haired girl started to struggle. She raised her hands to shove G Dragon away from her and G Dragon did nothing to stop her, allowing himself to be pushed backwards. G Dragon quickly regained his balance, waiting as he stared at the frazzled female in front of him.

There was silence between the two of them for a moment, as Sandara panted, trying to catch her breath. She forced herself to calm down, raising her gaze to meet G Dragon's dark eyes.

"Don't do this." Sandara spoke in a brittle voice.

"Do you dislike me that much?" G Dragon forced his voice to be calm before he spoke as he took a step forward towards Sandara.

Sandara looked away.

"I…I don't love you, G Dragon." Sandara confessed softly, not meeting G Dragon's eyes. "I care for you. I like you, but as a friend, and not a lover."

Sandara continued before G Dragon could even react. "So please…don't feel this way towards me."

"Is it because of Seungri?" G Dragon asked, causing Sandara to look at him in mild surprise.

"It had nothing to do with Seungri." Sandara replied forcefully, as if trying to convince herself. “2NE1 is still on a relationship ban. There’s no way I could betray President YG…”

"I don’t care.” G Dragon said seriously, moving his gaze to meet Sandara's. “I don't care if you don't love me. I don't care if you reject me and I don't even care if my love for you is unrequited."

"G Dragon…"

“I know that you are still on a dating ban. But I am willing to wait.” G Dragon continued seriously, meeting Sandara's eyes. "It's what I want to do. And if you need a reason, it's because, for some reason I don't even know, I've fallen in love with you."

Sandara was silent, before she shook her head, murmuring softly. "I can't accept that."

“I'll wait for you to accept it then." G Dragon said simply, unaffected.

"Then you'll have to wait forever," Sandara said softly, but coldly before she moved forward, brushing past G Dragon.

There was silence as Sandara made her way to the door, before G Dragon's voice sounded, loud and strong, "I will wait for you, Sandara noona."

Sandara paused her hand in mid-air. Before she could change her mind, Sandara reached forward to grab the door handle and opened the door, making her way out of the training room, ignoring G Dragon's dark gaze on her.

***

Sandara closed the door behind her before she spun on her heel and ran down the corridor, G Dragon's words echoing in her ears every step of the way.

Sandara was barely conscious of where she was running. She only wanted to run away from G Dragon, but his words kept following her. She had always wanted to believe that G Dragon only thought of her as a friend, but he had just made it that much clearer. Horribly and painfully clear.

Sandara continued to run blindly down the corridor as fast as her legs could carry, her breath coming in ragged gasps until she ran right into someone. Sandara closed her eyes just before the ground met her. She expected it to hurt when she fall on the ground until her hand came into contact with something alive and warm and she clutched at it desperately. A long- hand closed about her forearm in a vice-like grip, steadying her from falling over.

For a moment, Sandara felt as if time had stood still when she opened her eyes to find herself staring at a pair of familiar black eyes.

“Seungri!” Sandara spoke in surprise when she saw him.

"Are you all right?” Sandara managed, still gathering her breath. “I heard that your activities have been placed on hold…”

Seungri shrugged his shoulders in response, and Sandara couldn't help but notice how the rings under his eyes seemed to be darker than usual.

“Have you seen G Dragon Hyung?” Seungri stuffed his hands in his pockets and started to walk, mentioning her to follow, but Sandara didn't move. She stood there, frozen and motionless, feeling that it is not a good time for Seungri to look for G Dragon.

Wait," Sandara found her voice again as she spoke hesitantly. "Seungri, wait."

Seungri halted, and far too slowly, he turned around to face her.

"I don’t think you should look for G Dragon right now…” Sandara spoke, unable to keep a hint of desperation from seeping into her voice.

Seungri was staring at her, looking quite concerned, and most likely wondering if she was losing her mind. "Why?"

"Just…Don’t go…" Sandara’s voice ended in a slight quiver as she forced herself to meet his dark eyes.

Seungri said nothing, but continued to stare at her. Why is she stopping him from looking for G Dragon? There were unshed tears in her eyes now, and he could guess the reason why Sandara is stopping him from looking for G Dragon.

“G Dragon Hyung confessed his feelings to you, am I right?” Seungri touched Sandara’s head in a brotherly manner, and asked kindly, “Did you reject him?”

The simple question caught Sandara off guard and she nodded awkwardly.

"We are label mates and 2NE1 is under a relationship ban…” Sandara said weakly, feeling flustered as she struggled to find a better explanation. She could not understand why she could list down the reasons why she rejected G Dragon when Seungri wasn't around, but when he was, he managed to throw her off completely.

"It's common sense." Sandara finished lamely, backing away slightly till her back touched the wall for support.

Seungri smiled resignedly as he placed his right hand on the wall above Sandara’s head and leaned in closer, "Sandara noona, you worry too much. I would give him a chance if I were you."

Sandara blinked, looking at Seungri in disbelief. “But…”

“Just give G Dragon hyung a chance.” Seungri cut across her.” You will not regret this decision. Believe me.”

With that sentence, Seungri walked away from her, leaving Sandara staring after him while he tried to stop his heart from breaking.

***

Seungri stood in the doorway, just watching the sight of G Dragon, sitting in complete silence, gazing blankly at the snow whirling outside.

As quietly as he could, Seungri walked over to him and sat down next to him. G Dragon picked up on Seungri’s arrival but didn't say anything to him for the first few moments.

"I just got rejected by Sandara noona" G Dragon offered as an explanation after a few minutes.

Seungri gave the smallest of nods and joined G Dragon by gazing blankly at the snow whirling outside the window.

"You should try and confess your feelings to her too." G Dragon said offhandedly.

Seungri didn't look at G Dragon but a small smile graced his face.

"I do not have any intentions on confessing my feeelings to her.”  Seungri started to say quietly. “Too many things have happened that I don't even know how long I'm going to be here.”

G Dragon turned to look at Seungri, obviously caught in surprise.

“What do you mean?” G Dragon asked as bluntly as he could. “Are you worried about the press conference that will be held the day after tomorrow?”

Seungri stared at G Dragon before answering by shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm guess so..."

G Dragon gave a weak laugh and placed a calming hand on Seungri’s shoulder. “Don’t worry, regardless of the outcome, I’m always here…”

Seungri nodded tightly and both of them continued to gaze blankly at the snow whirling outside the window.

Just as G Dragon believed that both of them were going to sit there in silence, Seungri spoke. His voice was uncharacteristically small and vulnerable, surprising G Dragon.

“G Dragon Hyung, I have a favour to ask.”

"Yeah?" G Dragon glanced back at Seungri curiously.

“In the near future,” Seungri's voice dropped and G Dragon had to strain his ears to pick up what Seungri said next.

“If something happens to me, please take care of Sandara noona…”