Chapter 36

Big Bang

Chapter 36

 

Seungri had been watching big bang documentary with a light heart until he saw someone named Jang Hyun Seung appeared in the documentary.

 Instantly, Seungri sat up in his chair, eyes fixed in horror on the laptop as he knew that this person is the sixth member of big bang.

Seungri forced himself to continue watching the documentary, even though he was beginning to feel sick, whether it was the memory from his nightmare, or realising that he saw him in the hospital in Japan and in the coffee house in Korea, he didn't know.

Hyun Seng’s appearance in the documentary and the memory of the close intractions he had with this person made bile rise in his throat. Seungri sat unmoving for a few moments before he bolted from the room heading to the bathroom. He made it just in time and threw up whatever contents he had in his stomache. He was shaking all over. For the first time he knew what fear is.

Seungri’s heart was pounding inside his chest as he tried to digest the information. Suddenly he remembered that Tae Yang was in the same hospital with Hyun Seng. Seungri gripped onto the edge of the basin to keep from falling over.

“Why are they together?” Seungri thought to himself.

“Does the cheque that Tae Yang gave him have other hidden meanings to it?”

Seungri felt very sick, his head thumping painfully from shock. His knees suddenly buckled under him and he sat down on the cold ground, shaking from head to foot. Seungri gasped as the pain from his head intensified as a memory suddenly swam into his head.

“Hyun Seng, that producing director who was with you….I have heard some…rumours about him…I think it will be better if you could keep a distance away from him…”

“What would you do if I chose to be with that producing director?! If it weren’t for you, I might be the 5th member of big bang!”

“What are you saying?! Aren’t you doing well in Beast now?”

“Doing well? What do you think when your own company treated you like a rag doll? Do you think I want to be associated with that producing director?! It has come to the point that I have to sell my body to survive in this industry because I am not talented enough!”

“Hyun Seng, inform the police about this.”

“Inform the police? That will be the end of my career Seungri!”

"Hyun seng, please! Which is more important? Your life or your career?"

Seungri in a breath as the memory of the incident came back to him.

Seungri willed away the urge to retch again. He just stayed on the ground, trying to keep himself calm. A big part of him didn't believe it, it was ludicrous, the way how his life turned out. After the incident, it looks as if Tae Yang and Hyun Seng are keeping an eye on him, preventing him from coming back to where he belonged. Seungri could understand why Hyun Seng did that to him. But, what did he do that made Tae Yang join forces with Hyun Seng?

“This is all wrong!” Seungri thought to himself.

“It must be a coincidence that Tae Yang hyung is with Hyun Seng hyung!” Seungri tried to reason with himself.

Taking deep gulps of air, Seungri forced himself to calm down but it was futile.

A hurricane of emotions was engulfing him as Seungri got up and get out of his room, hoping to find Tae Yang to answer his questions.

***

“Hyun Seng, let’s work together.”

Standing near the main door in the dormitory, Dae Sung stood with a frantically beating heart. He had heard Tae Yang’s conversation with Hyun Seng.

Before Dae Sung could think on what he should do next, the door behind him clicked open and Dae Sung turned around quickly. He was greeted by the sight of a rather broken Seungri.

“Are you okay?” Dae Sung asked, looking rather anxiously at Seungri.

Seungri looked at Dae Sung in silence for a minute before he replied.

“I’m looking for Tae Yang hyung.”

Dae Sung blinked up at Seungri, panic blossoming rapidly inside him, as he recalled what Tae Yang just said to Hyun Seng on the phone.

"No," Dae Sung said determinedly. Fearing that Tae Yang would open the door and see them discussing about him, Dae Sung dragged Seungri back to Seungri’s own room and locked the door.

Seungri's face seemed to shut down. His eyes narrowed ever so slightly, and his jaw clenched visibly. "What are you talking about? Why are you stopping me from looking for Tae Yang hyung?"

"You just can't go." Dae Sung replied sternly. Dae Sung can’t explain anything to Seungri right now. Not when Seungri is so emotional and he doubt that Seungri would listen to him right now.

"Watch me." Seungri challenged back and moved around him. But the door was locked and Seungri turned back around to face the Dae Sung.

"You can't go to Tae Yang hyung." Dae Sung repeated again.

"Open the door." Seungri said through clenched teeth.

Sorry, Seungri, but I can't." Dae Sung said.

At that moment, Seungri lunged at him, his anger truly out of control.

Seungri suddenly felt Dae Sung seize him by the arm, roughly hauling him towards the bed, caging Seungri’s body with his to prevent Seungri from getting out of hand.

"I need to get some answers from Tae Yang hyung. Why are you stopping me?" Seungri asked coldly as he tried to free himself.

"Before you go running to Tae Yang hyung, let me remind you something. There are people out to get you." Dae Sung replied firmly.

Seungri looked up at Dae Sung, allowing him to see the fear in his eyes, the real emotion he was feeling.

“Why?" Seungri whispered. "What did I do that make these people hate me that much?”

Dae Sung stilled for the next few moments, deep in thought on how he could reply Seungri.

“I don’t know.It is better if you stay low for now.”

Seungri stared at Dae Sung, studying him for a moment.It feels as if Dae Sung is pleading him to trust him. Finally Seungri dropped his gaze and gave the smallest of nods.

"Okay" Seungri finally relented.

Dae Sung let out a breath he wasn't even aware of holding as he gets away from Seungri.

Knowing that Seungri needs some space to calm down, Dae Sung quietly exited from Seungri’s room.

When Dae Sung exited from Seungri’s room, Dae Sung saw Tae Yang standing in front of him.

“I heard some commotions in the room. Are the both of you fighting?” Tae Yang asked curiously. Tae Yang was watching Dae Sung, looking and waiting for a sign of weakness.

“Not really, we are just having a little quarrel.” Dae Sung replied as he fought to keep his voice steady.

“I see, I wander what the both of you are quarrelling about?” Tae Yang asked sceptically.

"It’s nothing worth mentioning." Dae Sung replied, careful to keep his gaze steady and honest. “I’m going out to meet TOP hyung. See you later.”

“Looks like I have another thing to fix.” Tae Yang thought to himself as he glanced over his shoulder, looking at Dae Sung exiting the dormitory.