Chapter 59

Big Bang

Chapter 59

 

Dusk was barely disappearing beneath the horizon and the tiny town of Seoul was completely quiet. Most buildings were closed and the houses were still filled with people.

TOP, who had just got back to his dormitory after continuous days of filiming for his upcoming movie, sighed wearily and ran fingers over his silken black hair as he opened the door to his room.

His hand roamed the wall until his fingers felt the light switch. He fumbled with it before turning it on to shed light over his room. Time suddenly slowed down for TOP as he stood staring at the mess of his room right in front of him. His figurine collections that he spent long hours to arrange them neatly were all around the room. All of them in pieces or half destroyed.

TOP’s mind blanked out in cold fury, knowing that Tae Yang is the only suspect that would destroy his precious figurine collections. With a low growl of anger, TOP furiously fished his phone out of his pocket, sifting through his contacts to find Tae Yang's name. He pressed on the black words once he had found it, raising his phone to hold it to his ear, waiting for Tae Yang to aswer the phone

TOP clutched his phone in a white-knuckled grip while his anger made his hands tremble.

"He thinks he can mess around with me," TOP said to himself in quiet anger. "He thinks he can get away playing games with me." TOP spat out between clenched teeth. "But he doesn't know who he's up against. If he wants to play," he smirked, "then we'll play."

***

Sandara was sitting at the corner of the training room, reading the lyrics to one of G Dragon’s song, butterfly, from her phone.

She recalled the conversation she had with Seungri and Park Bom about G Dragon while her index finger passed trembling down the screen of her phone, scrolling down the lyrics down the screen mindlessly. The lyrics of that song had just confirmed what Seungri and Park Bom have concluded, but she was reluctant to believe it.

It was driving her mad with frustration and confusion. Leaning casually against the wall, Sandara racked her mind on how she could ask G Dragon such an awkward question. Of course, there is a possibility that G Dragon thought of her only as a friend instead of what Seungri and Park Bom thought of. Her instincts screamed otherwise, but her brain could only point out the only logical explanation.

While Sandara was deep in her thought, a tap on her shoulder made her jump and she whirled round, only to meet a pair of dark eyes that haunted her thoughts, only this time, they looked faintly surprised at her wild reaction.

“Got your note, Sandara noona,” G Dragon said, holding up a small, crumpled square of paper.

 “S- sorry, I was daydreaming,” Sandara stammered, feeling an answering flush rise in her cheeks due to embarrasement.

"So, why did you want to see me?" G Dragon asked as he sat on the ledge of the window, gazing blankly at the snow whirling outside.

Sandara stared at the still figure sitting on the ledge of the window in front of her silently, suddenly feeling very awkward standing there before him.

“It's snowing.” Sandara answered, rather pointlessly as she sat next to G Dragon, gazing blankly at the snow whirling outside.

“Yeah…” G Dragon muttered.

Both of them lapsed into silence. It was not the companionable silence they had when they were in front of the pond. However, Sandara felt that there was something tense about the G Dragon's posture, about the way his eyes kept gazing outside the window as if his eyes were fixed on something she could not see. His tone was one of enforced calmness that denoted nervousness.

"Sandara noona…"

"Yeah?" Sandara glanced back at G Dragon. There was an unreadable expression in his eyes. G Dragon spoke slowly, as though weighing his words carefully.

“What’s your relationship between Seungri and you?”

Sandara looked at G Dragon uncomprehendingly for a minute, unsure what to make of his words. Then a thought entered, unbidden, into her head.

 “Wow, looks like Seungri and you are really close…” Sandara gave a small, unintended laugh. “Both of you are really alike!”

"Seungri and I…" G Dragon paused, looking as if he was about to begin a speech, but ultimately deciding against it. “We are not alike.”

Sandara opened to object, but G Dragon continued swiftly.

"Even though we are band members and fans out there gave us a name called nyongtory, it doesn’t mean that we are alike. I'm not saying that Seungri and I are not close. We are close because we are members of big bang, and in a way, we try to find what common interests we have in order to survive as a band as long as we could," G Dragon said slowly, raising his eyes to lock with hers. "I always thought that Seungri and I only have a common interest in music. But recently, I also found something that Seungri and I have in common.”

 

Sandara frowned for an instant, wondering where this conversation was leading to.

“What is it that Seungri and you have in common other than music?”

G Dragon paused, and for a moment there was nothing but the sound of the keening wind outside the window, and then he said quietly, “You, Sandara noona…”

G Dragon took a deep breath. "I love you, Sandara noona."

G Dragon said this quietly, his eyes still on hers, and Sandara saw the strange fire in them. She tried to blink but couldn't. She half-opened to say something silly, but found she had forgotten what to say.

G Dragon observed Sandara through his eyes. He hadn't missed the blush earlier, when he mentioned Seungri. Nor had he missed the fact that Sandara had not denied it, when he asked Sandara about the relationship between Seungri and her.

However, there was no hint of a blush now, and Sandara's face had paled.

"But…but…" Sandara couldn't help but stutter. She took an unconscious step back, staring at G Dragon with wide, disbelieving eyes.

“This…this has to be a joke…” Sandara said, her voice barely a whisper, “Both of us are labelmates and there’s no way…”

But G Dragon didn't let her finish what she wanted to say. He couldn't. Before his mind had caught up with what he was doing, G Dragon closed the space between them, placed his hands around her face and sealed her lips the only way he could think of, he kissed her!

Sandara stared, unable to react as G Dragon moved towards her, capturing her lips in a light, soft kiss.

G Dragon's hand moved to the back of her neck as he brought himself closer to Sandara, kissing her with a gentleness Sandara didn't know her labelmate could possess.

And without words, it told Sandara that G Dragon had spoken nothing but the truth.

***

"Sure, TOP Hyung, let’s have a nice chatting session at your villa tomorrow." Tae Yang answered immediately, clutching the phone tightly in his hand and eyes staring ahead at the snow whirling outside from the window from his room.

A few minutes later, Tae Yang hung up the phone and took out a packet of white powder from his pocket, examining it in interest as his lips curled into a cruel, heartless grin and his clear, black eyes gleamed excitedly for the things to come.