Chapter 35

Big Bang

Chapter 35

 

The sky above was clouded over, thick and gray, casting a dreary gloom over the abandoned playground. There was no children's laughter ringing out, only the restless crackle of dead leaves. There was just enough of a breeze for the two swings to creak ominously as they swayed back and forth, one empty, the other not.

Rumors about Seungri being alive and back to big bang have been spreading like wild fire.

Hyun Seng's fingers were clenched tightly to the chains on either side of him, numb to the cold metal, barely noticing that his swing was even moving. The rumor kept playing in his mind so much that he don’t have the mood to practice for his upcoming musical.

He hadn't seen Tae Yang for nearly a week, ever since he showed the video to Tae Yang. Every day he waited for him, wanted to hear more praises about him from Tae Yang. The desire to find Tae Yang was there, but he restained himself from doing so. He did not want Tae Yang to think that he is obsessive.

 Hyun Seng never believed in rumors. Ever since Tae Yang had not appeared in front of him, Hyun Seng knew instantly that the rumor is true. Based on the rumors, he knew that he had failed in the mission Tae yang gave him. He hated himself for being useless. He hated Seungri more for ruining his life. Seungri had been ruining his life right from the start, from the selection of big bang members and now this.

It was pathetic and he despised himself for it. But as much as he despised himself, the guilt he felt for Seungri is still there. The memory of him pushing Seungri down the cliff never left his mind. No one could understand how complicated his feelings were.

As Hyun Seng sees the gray sky darkened to the black of night, Hyun Seng knew that Seungri and he will fight each other one day. But Hyun Seng preferred it that way rather than looking for forgiveness from Seungri. At least he would not feel so guilty about it. However, he will wait for that day to come, if Seungri ever gain back his memories.

As Hyun Seng was about to get up from the swing, he felt his phone vibrating. A smile appeared on his face as he knew who is calling him.

“Tae Yang hyung, this time, I will not fail you.”

***

Tae Yang sat silently in the recording studio, thinking about the recent rumors about Seungri being alive and back to big bang which has been spreading like wild fire. Actually, it is only half truth. Seungri is alive but he is not a member of big bang ever since G Dragon had announced that big bang is moving on as a four member group during the Mnet Asian awards.

Looking at the cold behaviour Seungri had been giving G Dragon, Tae Yang is confident that Seungri would not want to be part of big bang even if G Dragon begged him on his knees. However, he realised that Seungri and G Dragon are trying to get along recently.  The thought about them trying to get along and be nice to each other, made his hands balled into fists in anger.

"Why Seungri decided to come back to YG Entertainment?"

“Why is Seungri being nice to G Dragon now?”

That was the question that he had been thinking over and over again. The question that Tae Yang was sick to death of asking himself. It was nauseating enough that he had somehow knew the answer to it. He didn't need the constant reminder of it.

G Dragon is his best friend. There is no way that he is going to share G Dragon with anyone. Tae Yang forced himself to take several calming breaths at the reminder on Seungri not being part of big bang.

"Tae Yang?"

Tae Yang blinked, finally registering that G Dragon had been talking to him.

"What were you thinking about?" G Dragon said, smiling brightly before sitting on the armchair next to him.

“Nothing much…” Tae Yang remarked casually, glancing down at the stack of paper that G Dragon was holding in his arms.

"What is this? New song?" Tae Yang lifted a heavy eyebrow, looking genuinely curious.

“Yup!”” G Dragon was unable to hold back a note of pride that he had captured Tae Yang’s attention.

A small crease materialized on Tae Yang's forehead as he read the lyrics of the new song.

“G Dragon, why are there Seungri’s part in it? Did you forget that big bang is a four member group now?”

"Tae Yang," G Dragon spoke and looked at Tae yang seriously. "I want to bring Seungri back to big bang."

There was a long pause, a deathly still silence with only the soft sound of their breaths to be heard. Tae Yang was numb as he stared at G Dragon.His face was serious, even pleading.

“But you just announced that big bang is a four member group….”

“I know. But, big bang is not big bang without the five of us. No matter what happens, I still want Seungri to be back in big bang.”G Dragon interrupted.

Looking at how G Dragon was serious in bringing Seungi back to big bang, Tae Yang dug his fingers into his palms in a desperate attempt to control his anger as he left the recording studio.

Tae Yang walked towards the dormitory as the thought of Seungri being part of big bang kept swimming in his mind. When Tae Yang was about to enter the dormitory, he felt the need to fix things. He couldn't go on like this and see Seungri become the 5th member of big bang once more. Instantly, Tae Yang took out his phone and called Hyun Seng.

***

Seungri was glad that the care taker had finally cleaned his room and he could lie down on his own bed at last. He finally felt like home even though his room is still bare looking with just clothes that G Dragon gave him and a lap top that he just purchased.

When Seungri recalled G Dragon mentioning about the next big bang album, Seungri on the laptop and started to listen to big bang songs on the net so that he could understand what type of songs big bang does.

Just as Seungri was about to click on a video, he heard the door opened behind him. Dae Sung poked his head into the room.

"Hey, do you want to go out for a run?" Dae Sung asked.

"It’s okay, I wanted to listen and know more about the type of song big bang does." Seungri answered.

“Okay.” Dae Sung replied with a smile before leaving Seungri alone in his own room.

While Seungri was listening to big bang songs, he saw a video with a title, big bang documentary.

Out of curiousity, Seungri clicked on the video and he didn’t know that watching the documentary could change his current life forever.

***

When Dae Sung was about to open the door to exit the dormitory, he heard Tae Yang talking on to the phone at the other side of the door.

Dae Sung’s eyes widened with shock when he heard what Tae Yang said.

“Hyun Seng, let’s work together.”